This is a full-time permanent position.
Position Summary and Essential Responsibilities:
CMG is seeking a Reservoir Simulation Scientist/Engineer specialized in Fluid Properties calculations to join the Compositional Simulation team. The Compositional Simulation team is responsible for the development and support of CMG’s Equation-of-State Compositional Simulator GEM. This software allows reservoir engineers to predict the recovery of light, volatile, and gas condensate reservoirs, and evaluate Enhanced Oil Recovery options with gas/solvent injection including CO2 where the fluid phase behavior and properties could be quite complex.
In this position a successful candidate will be responsible for the research, development and testing of robust and fast methods for phase behavior calculations and for fluid property modeling.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with cubic equation of state and phase behavior calculations methods
- Experience with robust and efficient multi-phase flash calculation algorithms
- Experience with the FORTRAN and C++ programming languages
- A team player with excellent communication skills
In addition, the following attributes are considered beneficial:
- Knowledge of CMG’s software
- Knowledge of Enhanced Oil Recovery methods including miscible gas injection, and
- Experience with screening and forecast of Enhanced Oil Recovery methods.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering
If you have the above qualifications, and are interested in a challenging career with us, please send us your resume.
CMG is a Canadian-based computer software technology and consulting company serving the oil and gas industry. We specialize in advanced recovery processes, helping our clients generate greater returns from their oil and gas assets.
Recognized worldwide as a leading developer of reservoir flow modeling software, CMG has five sales and technical support offices worldwide to service our blue chip client base of over 540 international oil companies and technology centers in more than 56 countries.
With frequent credit in technical and investor publications, some of CMG's recent accolades include:
- 2011 Calgary Choice Awards Nominee – Best Employer Over 30 Employees
- 2011 Branham 300 – Top 25 Canadian Software Companies and Top 100 Technology Companies in Canada
- 2011 Canadian Business Investor 500 (top 15 Canadian companies for 5 year return)
- 2011 Profit 200 list of Canada's fastest growing companies
- 2010 TechRev Innovators – Recognized in the top 10 innovators for 2010
- 2009 ASTech Award for Outstanding Commercial Achievement in Science and Technology