This is a full-time permanent position.
Position Summary and Essential Responsibilities:
CMG is seeking a Reservoir Simulation Scientist/Engineer specialized in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) methods.
In this position a successful candidate will be responsible for the research, development and testing of efficient workflows for EOR methods including Geology Modelling, Reservoir Simulation, Well Planning and Economics. Workflows will be developed for history matching, optimization and uncertainty assessment of EOR methods such as thermal recovery, CO2 or miscible gas injection, chemical flooding and low-salinity waterflooding. CMG’s CMOST software and CMG’s simulators STARS, GEM and IMEX will be used in the development of those workflows. The inclusion of geological modelling is also essential.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience EOR methods: thermal, CO2 and gas injection, chemical flooding, low-salinity waterflooding
- Experience with reservoir simulation, history matching, optimization and uncertainty assessment
- Experience with geological modeling software
- A team player with excellent communication skills
In addition, the following attributes are considered beneficial:
- Knowledge of CMG’s software
- PhD degree in Petroleum Engineering with emphasis in EOR method
If you have the above qualifications, and are interested in a challenging career with us, please forward us your resume.
CMG is a Canadian-based computer software technology and consulting company serving the oil and gas industry. We specialize in advanced recovery processes, helping our clients generate greater returns from their oil and gas assets.
Recognized worldwide as a leading developer of reservoir flow modeling software, CMG has five sales and technical support offices worldwide to service our blue chip client base of over 540 international oil companies and technology centers in more than 56 countries.
With frequent credit in technical and investor publications, some of CMG's recent accolades include:
- 2011 Calgary Choice Awards Nominee – Best Employer Over 30 Employees
- 2011 Branham 300 – Top 25 Canadian Software Companies and Top 100 Technology Companies in Canada
- 2011 Canadian Business Investor 500 (top 15 Canadian companies for 5 year return)
- 2011 Profit 200 list of Canada's fastest growing companies
- 2010 TechRev Innovators – Recognized in the top 10 innovators for 2010
- 2009 ASTech Award for Outstanding Commercial Achievement in Science and Technology