Compugen Inc

Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Greate company to work with.
Operation & Business Analyst, Head Office (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 24, 2015
Great Company
working day from 9 to 5, but it is very flexible
ability to work from home almost 95%
great atmosphere
communication with management is very easy
No room for advancement
Security Administration Analyst (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: No overtime
Cons: No room for advancement.
Managers should be subject to managerial training.
No room for advancement.
Rewards for good work is seldom recognized
productive and bussy
Material Handler (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch some times
Cons: by contract
a place where you will learn a lot about computer and technologies but employment security is not assured, worked as contractual and when it is not busy laid off is possible.
It was a family environment.
Computer Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, Ontario.September 2, 2015
- Configure Clients Computer.
- Working on a several projects such as Government, Bell, BMO, TD, National Bank.
- Friendly Co-workers
- I like to Drive so I like the Deployment Job in Compugen.
Great company to work with.
IT Service Desk and QA Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great everyday lunch, Excellent management, friendly enrironment
Cons: not so great benefits.
Compugen is a great company to work with. It has a friendly, co-operative and helping staff. Managers are very co-operative as well.

Company can improve on the benefits they provide.
Great Place for Entry level to gain experience
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 16, 2015
Lots of opportunity to work as contractor.

Excellent place to grain experience.

Great work place environment.

Chance to travel.
Great Company
Project/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond HillAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Reward /acknowledge hard work
Cons: Salary
Great company to work for work culture is amazing.
Great opportunity for self growth.

Amazing leadership, very family orientated.
Good Place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Healthy environment
Cons: Routine work sometimes feel boring
I really liked the environment at Compugen, openness and easy to communicate everyone is really amazing. I like my work but sometimes I feel it more routine work and I want more opportunities to explore myself.
Dynamic and Fun Environment
Manager, Service Operations - Southern Alberta (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible working environment
Cons: Long hours
I really did enjoy the nearly 7 years I was at Compugen and while there I learned a lot about Business Relationship Management.
productive work enviroment
Configuration and CFI Technician (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 14, 2015
• Testing and Diagnostics for HP, Dell, Lenovo Desktops, Notebooks Servers and workstations.
• Upgrade internal systems with grading requirements.
Enjoyed my time working with customers and other employees
Senior Imaging Management Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Worked with a wide variety of people with various backgrounds.
Cons: Too much intradepartmental fighting
ISO 2000 processes sets the standard for how some companies should operate as a whole. It only works when all departments follow and not blame others for their mistakes, costing the company and customers money. Some managers are not forthright or honest about their dealings with employees, causing trife and discord. Proper leadership continues to be an issue in many departments from operating properly, effectively, and efficiently. I learned a lot from my co-workers and enjoyed working with them as we shared ideas and were able to ensure our entire team worked together.
Busy and demanding job working and travelling in Southern Alberta.
Systems Analyst and Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2015
Pros: Being able to help.
Cons: Long and unpredictible work hours.
- Got ready previous day; travelled next day.
- Often came back late.
- Effective but ever-changing requirements and management.
- Excellent team.
- Hard job due to working late hours.
- Learning and acquiring new skills.
Great place to learn the basics
System Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 26, 2015
Pros: Wide range of work
Cons: contract basis
I enjoyed the time that I was working here. The team was very willing to show the new employees the ropes and were able to add our own spin when needed.
It's a great company, where you can learn , a good place to work
Software technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good team, team Lead supportive, lots of opportunity to train
Cons: The company's compensation is on the low side.
I used to start at 8.30, get few minutes to greet my co-workers and ask my supervisor the instructions to start the job. I learned to work under pressure , to have attention to details when I received the orders. I was integrated in a great team, I was commited to their work.
Productive and very friendly enviroment.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Richmond HillMarch 25, 2015
My experience with Compugen is very positive. It gave an opportunity to grow as a person and professional.
I got to work in different departments and dealt with different kind of people. The tech were very helpful with one another. The management was always available for us.
Honestly, the hardest thing for me was to loose my job at Compugen Inc. Since, I have spent a great deal of years working there.
As a field tech, I worked at different location in a variety of assignments, most of the them for government services. I enjoyed going to different locations and meeting new customers.
Poor Company to work for
Print Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond HillMarch 24, 2015
They don't like to give time off, most people don't have a true backup to cover them when off. Low pay, 2 raises given in 8 years of employment.

It seems as if they are trying to push out the full-time employees and replace them with contract employees.

their contract employees have no job security or benefits. I know contract employees who have gone to work not knowing if they would have a job the next day. That's no way to live or treat your employees.

They used to have lots of employee appreciation events, and bonuses. The last few years they have been eliminated. They don't appreciate when employess go above and beyond for them. They request overtime work, but its like pulling teeth when you want to get paid for it. A lot of times they would ask you to work OT, and when you expect to get paid for it they give you vacation time in lieu. Then they don't document that you worked X amount of hours. So when its time to use you accrued time in lieu hours. Its up to you to prove that you earned it.

No respect for employees time.
I have only good memories from my time working there.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great place to learn.
Cons: sometimes there was no work.
I had a memorable time at this company. I learned many new things and gained a lot of experience. The people I worked with were great and it was always a friendly environment.
I love what I do
Field Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: barely see/speak to your boss, flexible hours
Cons: meetings on weekends, no company cars
Its a nice job that requires lots of travel which I enjoy. Put on some tunes and just drive. Its a different office every day and I rarely get to see my office. I've learned lots about printers and servers and computer stuff. Working with co-workers is fun but most of the time your flying solo. Hardest part of the job is being stuck in traffic. Most enjoyable part of the job is peeling off the stickers on new equipment.
Great Canadian success story
ISR/Project Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 16, 2014
This is really where i cut my teeth and learn about I.T. There are lots of room for learning in this company, and job is not hard if you are a hard worker and willing to learn.
A great management structure and team is in place, teammates were super.
I worked at Compugen for more than a decade and was privileged to have a lot of professional mentors in my tenure at this company.
Senior Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, ONDecember 2, 2014
I worked for this company approx. 9 1/2 years full-time and also 2-3 years on contract when they called me to return to work there to help train and build a young team of Customer Service Reps when there was a higher amount of turnover than normal after I left. I loved working there as the people were very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was when servers crashed at a large company and penalties kicked in for the Senior Client Relations Team of which I was a member of for approx. 9 years.
Headquarters