Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

Just Contract Job
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
As a contract job, Pay rate was very good.

However, there were not enough hours for contractors to do in a week, even months.

Project Management was poor, giving contractor hard time to deal with progress of the work.
Pros
pay rate acceptable
Cons
not enough work hours, poor project management, etc.
Large scaled company with great employees
Service Coordinator / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 September 2017
Compugen holds the title of one of the top 10 IT Companies in Canada. The company is great to work for, the founder is down to earth and is in tune with all the employees. A large part of the company is sales driven; a large part is timely service as well. The teams are great to work with; however, training and advancement lacked during my time with Compugen.
Compugen
Superviseur des opérations, Services techniques (Former Employee) –  Saguenay, QC6 September 2017
depuis maintenant 1 an je suis chez compugen.
J'adore l'ambiance de l'equipe et le travail est divertissant
et gratifiant dans certain cas
Pros
la liberter d'agir
Cons
salaire
A declining experience for my duration with the company.
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
Compugen, from an IT technician's point of view, is best used as an introduction to the industry. It lacks nearly any sense of company culture from the IT service management point of view.

Early during my employment we did have multiple meetings and culture nurturing efforts but this steadily declined while the workload steadily climbed. I compare this to my experience in related companies including Dell where I may have liked the work less but the support and respect I felt from the company was far greater.

The industry practice of back filling positions with new hires that have little to no IT experience is the staple with Compugen. Our team's technical leadership all but vanished by the end of my term and experienced technicians like myself were left with a team insufficiently trained to support important clients like the Government of Alberta. I was provided no time to train new hires due to my own service load and was forced to work along side employees who lacked any post-secondary IT training. I consider this a failure at the management and HR levels.

Opportunities for work on several contracts were available with optional project work. Technician work balance was decent but low level management was often required to do reporting well into their off hours and even at night.

If you wish to gain experience in the field of IT perhaps look into Compugen but I suggest avoiding them as a career path into the future.
Pros
Maintained GoA contract which was challenging and interesting
Cons
Failed to maintain respectable levels of professional support or culture.
illegitimate releases based on anonymous emails
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
This company releases individuals based on anonymous emails with fake images. Not only that but also on social media profile images and status updates that display history books & Buddhist religious icons.

Needless to say, but the illegal actions of this company without any real investigation into those anonymous emails needs to be considered before anyone thinks about signing on to this company.
did not work for me
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 August 2017
I did not enjoy my time in this regional office. Tools and technology in use at the time were outdated and unsuitable for the job. My manager was not a good people person and did not understand the responsibilities of my role within the larger organizational structure.
work from home
Bilingual Commvault Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 August 2017
work from home
Team meetings once a week
remote access with Laptop
office location close to home
Office perks, employee recognition programs and new facility
Pros
cafeteria food is great
Cons
culture
Friendly environment
Production Coordinator, Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Friendly environment, which makes you motivated to work harder. Active and great place to work. during my stay there I was going to work with energy and although I was new there few colleagues came to me and helped me by introducing departments and learning me the way of working in that company. The only negative point was job security which was for me as a contract maybe it was good for per employees which i have no idea.
Nice place to work, great atmosphere
Worksite Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
I enjoyed my time with Compugen, the job was varied and kept me busy. My co-workers were helpful and awesome to work with. Great place for an IT career.
Horrible management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 June 2017
I worked in the warehouse recently, and some of us each do the work of 3 people without being compensated for this extra work. They have cameras installed to see what we are doing. Meanwhile, there are people working from home who have it easy and are getting paid more for doing less work and aren't even being watched to see if they are doing their work. There's also a lot of workplace discrimination from the supervisor and lead hand.
Cons
Bad management, poor pay for doing more work
Excellent working environment
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2017
Excellent working environment and staff. Flexible working shifts. Competitive salary and benefits. Best in class equipment and training programs. Very helpful peers and management.
The Good. The Bad. The expensive.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 June 2017
The fist would get tighter.
- Verb agreements may waver (any work over 9am - 9 pm get dinner on us)
- a coworker late for assignment you and other coworkers were sometimes under scrutiny & verbally intimidated.
- though expense miles keep a constant pace when a certain plateau was met they reduced compensation.
Pros
perks: coffee, printer/paper/resources, open communication, some room to grow
Cons
pay
used to be a good place to work
TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
stopped being a fun work environment after they took over metaphor

since then the executive is focused only on utilization numbers that aren't properly or correctly tracked
Lack of structure and common sense
Dispatch Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
Head office quick to make bold and catastrophic moves. Several promises if advancement lead to being pushed out the door. Seems the company has a majority of staff from Metafore after the acquisition. Found the best part of my days was in the field working directly with the clients and not with the absent management and or supervisors.
Pros
Great client setup
Cons
Poor wages, lack of advancement
Customer engagement
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 May 2017
Focus on customer satisfaction based on sales team promises, even when there was a gap. Ideal for seasoned professionals not looking for mentorship or support
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Long hours, little if any support
Nice place to work.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill. ON25 February 2017
Nice place to work. Full of fun. Team work is important to the company. Company provide paid training to workers. Good management. Nice place to park and good cafeteria.
very demanding place to work
Financial / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 February 2017
I developed dashboard, reports and trained my juniors. Very nice working in the company but not many chances to grow. What I learn at my own, very less help and there are barriers made me going forward.
Big on promises...
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vanouver17 February 2017
Compugen is a strange company. It is nearly all siloed into a few specific delivery organisations. they compete, creating politics. I was there nearly 8 months, in that time I did not meet my boss even once or anyone from my team. No performance reviews, no orientation to start, emails ignored...just a really bizarre place to work. Eventually they made my position expendable, only 7 months after hiring a permanent employee.
Pros
Left to your own devices alot
Cons
No support. Dishonest management
A great place to work
Desktop & Worksite Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2017
Being able to facilitate a number of different projects within the scope of the position kept me interested and established learning in a wide variety of industry applications and technical services.
Pros
Excellent management, friendly colleagues, education
Cons
None that I didn't create for myself
Not ideal for personal growth and advancement
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 February 2017
This employment adventure began with a great deal of promise and with an absolutely exceptional manager - a lady that is truly one of a kind with true leadership skills - ability to listen, ability to address concerns quickly and fairly and who set a positive example for the team. She also trusted in the capabilities of each team member without micromanagement. Her departure from the company left a huge hole in the team and this affected the morale of the team.

The abysmal failure of the management to replace her and to provide competent and conscious guidance in the period after that led to the eventual collapse of the team - people resigned to move on to better positions and others were fired.

If one desires a place where you are promised good pay and professional advancement while working yourself to a frazzle without ever seeing it happen - come and work here. You will see your professional dreams evaporate. Every person in the team was promised not only good pay but more importantly - the opportunity to grow. This simply did not happen.

What did I learn? That this is a company where good employees go to waste, where communication is insincere, is scrambled as a broken radio and where an individual team member is as valuable as toilet paper.

A BIG disappointment.
Pros
Work from home, relatively flexible working hours
Cons
No support from management, poor communication, delays in compensation/reimbursement for expenses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compugen Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9