Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

Just a terrible place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 21, 2016
long hours, have to do 5 mens job and don't get compensated, unsafe warehouse, horrible management, over congestion and just a horrible work environment.
Cons
horrible work environment, dangerous work place, terrible management, horrible work ethics
Great company to work with.
IT Service Desk and QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 20, 2015
Compugen is a great company to work with. It has a friendly, co-operative and helping staff. Managers are very co-operative as well.

Company can improve on the benefits they provide.
Pros
Great everyday lunch, Excellent management, friendly enrironment
Cons
not so great benefits.
Poor Company to work for
Print Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillMarch 24, 2015
They don't like to give time off, most people don't have a true backup to cover them when off. Low pay, 2 raises given in 8 years of employment.

It seems as if they are trying to push out the full-time employees and replace them with contract employees.

their contract employees have no job security or benefits. I know contract employees who have gone to work not knowing if they would have a job the next day. That's no way to live or treat your employees.

They used to have lots of employee appreciation events, and bonuses. The last few years they have been eliminated. They don't appreciate when employess go above and beyond for them. They request overtime work, but its like pulling teeth when you want to get paid for it. A lot of times they would ask you to work OT, and when you expect to get paid for it they give you vacation time in lieu. Then they don't document that you worked X amount of hours. So when its time to use you accrued time in lieu hours. Its up to you to prove that you earned it.

No respect for employees time.
Company experience rating
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Management culture to employees and contract workers must be more on participative style of management and to be more innovative in facing the fast changing pace of technology.

This company needs to bench mark its business operations to the leading firms in its class, to learn & innovate and to survive in the future.
Great Company
Project/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond HillAugust 14, 2015
Great company to work for work culture is amazing.
Great opportunity for self growth.

Amazing leadership, very family orientated.
Pros
Reward /acknowledge hard work
Cons
Salary
Growing Company, needs to remember who builds the company
Technical Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2016
Company is growing, however management often forgets the front line workers who make the direct impact to the clients, and in the end determines what gets done. Lower pay than national average.
Computer Systems Analyst
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 14, 2016
Learned quite a lot of beneficial skills towards my career. Made good connections and was able to polish up my technical skills.
Good place to work. Excellent ralationhips with team workers.
Retired from Compugen Inc. Richmond Hill (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 29, 2016
Compugen Inc. is a multicultural employees with no sign of discrimination and everyone is equal.
The owner and president of the company is a warm, friendly intelligent person, and he is leading his company in good direction for the good of the employee.
good fun company
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 17, 2016
Help employees with any issues they are having with their personal computers, monitors and printer issues. Great team to work for.
It's a great company, where you can learn , a good place to work
Software technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
I used to start at 8.30, get few minutes to greet my co-workers and ask my supervisor the instructions to start the job. I learned to work under pressure , to have attention to details when I received the orders. I was integrated in a great team, I was commited to their work.
Pros
Good team, team Lead supportive, lots of opportunity to train
Cons
The company's compensation is on the low side.
Productive and stimulating workplace
Technical Support Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 14, 2016
Workplace allows fast apprenticeship about whole range of IT products and services.
work done mainly as team work. Results are more oriented about the team and group and not the individual
Good at first glance, but disappointing at the end
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillJuly 22, 2014
The job environment was good in terms of people helping each as a real team, the atmosphere was laid back and friendly.

What I didn't like is the fact that they increase your work load without letting you know in advance, no memos or monthly meetings to let us know what new projects were coming to the table, and the salary remained the same although the work load got greater.
Pros
no pros
Cons
pointing finger culture to find a responsible person to blame.
No room for advancement
Security Administration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONNovember 18, 2015
Managers should be subject to managerial training.
No room for advancement.
Rewards for good work is seldom recognized
Pros
No overtime
Cons
No room for advancement.
Greate company to work with.
Operation & Business Analyst, Head Office (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONNovember 24, 2015
Great Company
working day from 9 to 5, but it is very flexible
ability to work from home almost 95%
great atmosphere
communication with management is very easy
Deskside Analyst Position Review
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2014
Excellent training provided. The job requires self-motivation as you are in an unsupervised environment. Management is always at your disposal. Very good team structure that allows you to troubleshoot as a group.
Pros
high salary
Cons
old office space
Dynamic and Fun Environment
Manager, Service Operations - Southern Alberta (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2015
I really did enjoy the nearly 7 years I was at Compugen and while there I learned a lot about Business Relationship Management.
Pros
Flexible working environment
a roller coaster
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 10, 2013
I worked there almost 2 years. I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend my friends to work there.
Pros
flexible work environment, good salary, nice people
Cons
hr processes, financials are getting tighter every year
productive and bussy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONNovember 2, 2015
a place where you will learn a lot about computer and technologies but employment security is not assured, worked as contractual and when it is not busy laid off is possible.
Pros
free lunch some times
Cons
by contract
Enjoyed my time working with customers and other employees
Senior Imaging Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 1, 2015
ISO 2000 processes sets the standard for how some companies should operate as a whole. It only works when all departments follow and not blame others for their mistakes, costing the company and customers money. Some managers are not forthright or honest about their dealings with employees, causing trife and discord. Proper leadership continues to be an issue in many departments from operating properly, effectively, and efficiently. I learned a lot from my co-workers and enjoyed working with them as we shared ideas and were able to ensure our entire team worked together.
Pros
Worked with a wide variety of people with various backgrounds.
Cons
Too much intradepartmental fighting
Productive and very friendly enviroment.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillMarch 25, 2015
My experience with Compugen is very positive. It gave an opportunity to grow as a person and professional.
I got to work in different departments and dealt with different kind of people. The tech were very helpful with one another. The management was always available for us.
Honestly, the hardest thing for me was to loose my job at Compugen Inc. Since, I have spent a great deal of years working there.
As a field tech, I worked at different location in a variety of assignments, most of the them for government services. I enjoyed going to different locations and meeting new customers.