Compugen Inc

Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good environment to work in.
Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work life balance
The environment was such that you were able to work well with your co-workers. Always a happy and fun place to work. All staff worked together to complete the daily needs for the service desk. This included taking calls, managing emails, and handling any and all customer escalations. Worked closely with Incident Managers to identify and address any – more... customer outages in a timely fashion. – less
Great team environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: working with a very knowledgeable team
Cons: not having the best knowledge base
My typical day at Compugen consisted of providing phone and email support to over thirty different clients. I worked with an excellent group of support analysts who were always willing to help when needed. I learned extensive trouble shooting skills to help resolve clients computer related issues ranging from application issues to account problems to – more... hardware issues. The best part of my job was getting to work on many different types of problem tickets and the satisfaction I felt when I helped resolve a clients problem. The hardest part about this type of position was not having advanced notice about some issues that I had never encountered and not being to do any research before trying to resolve the issue at hand. – less
Deskside Analyst Position Review
Team Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2014
Pros: high salary
Cons: old office space
Excellent training provided. The job requires self-motivation as you are in an unsupervised environment. Management is always at your disposal. Very good team structure that allows you to troubleshoot as a group.
Productive with a wide range of accounts.
FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioApril 30, 2014
Pros: parking and mileage expensed
Cons: no advisements on taking in new accounts
A typical day would be traveling around to various sites to either diagnose or repair computer or printer equipment. Picking up and returning parts from a warehouse.
Great Exsperience
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR TEMP (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: driving heanday early morn traffic lol
I had a wonderful time working at this company they opened me up to their company and what they do i have learnt a lot from them and look forward to maybe becoming a team member in the future
Moving on...
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 27, 2014
Company sees you more like a number than a person. Not the kind of environment I like. Not a rewarding experience.
Ok place to work
Deployment Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 27, 2014
From a Deployment Technician perspective, Compugen should place more emphasis on rewarding it's top technicians who are the face of the business on a daily basis.
Fun Work Enviornment
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
People at the south end office are all amazing thanks for a great time there!
Great team to work with
Windows 7 Regional Technician/Coordinator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: inadaquit management
Excellent team leaders, all though poor management skills and unable to dedicate proper business practices in the work force because of remote operations.
Very straight forward
PC Deployment and Support (Former Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONOctober 24, 2013
Learned tips of volume deployment and inventory tracking techniques.
- enjoyed meeting a lot of people
a roller coaster
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment, good salary, nice people
Cons: hr processes, financials are getting tighter every year
I worked there almost 2 years. I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend my friends to work there.
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM AS A CONTRACTOR
Sr Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: payroll never pays on time
If you expect payment on time forget it.

After your Net30 goes by and close to NET60 and you still haven't been paid, they will then try to re-negotiate hours submitted. I worked there for almost a year. So I did my job enough that it wasn't me. EVERY SINGLE PAY PERIOD came and went and no pay check showed up. At some point I was at NET 90 on paychecks.

Otherwise, – more... the PM's and Practice leads were awesome. Customers were challenging but positive. Great place to work, if you want to work for free. – less
Not the best Not the worst
Computer Tech/Shipper (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioJuly 30, 2013
Pros: good clean enironment, well organized, friendly staff.
Cons: low wage, low chance of fulltime employment.
I had been with this company for almost 3 yrs.
If your looking to get full time, good luck. This company and others that I've noticed are keeping people on low wage contracts for yrs and yrs. and not hiring them.
Organizated Company,
On call Configuration Technician (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: cafeteria, parking
Cons: so far away from my home
Acomplish ISO quality, Peacefull job,
Is on Call Job, as a part time, so until now works well for me.
There are many posibilities by grown up
Field Service technician and onsite contract technician for Compugen.
Field Service PC Technician (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 16, 2012
Pros: enjoyable and challenging work.
Cons: car would wear out faster due to travelling from london to kinston to perform service calls.
Performed field service calls to service contracts. Replaced hard drives, power supplies in PC's and laptops. Delivered and setup new computer systems and printers.

Performed rollout of Multifunction printers for Telecommuting Bell employees who programmed the phone systems from there home / office environment.

Was assigned to a customer work for – more... them as an onsite Compugen contract technician. – less
Config technician (afternoon shift) and Deployment technician (morning shift)
Contract Deployment technician (Former Employee), Toronto, North York and MississaugaNovember 16, 2012
Pros: could choose when to take a break and when to take a lunch.
Cons: long hours (past normal scheduled work time, if backup / windows 7 builds were problematic.roblematic.
Typical Day: I'd be the Config technician. I'd arrive at the customer's site between 2 and 4pm and call the scheduled U to confirm "refresh" upgrade to Windows . pickup user's XP laptop / desktop and perform backup of data using Microsoft USMT. Prepare the same or new unit with Windows 7 and if requested - return the Win 7 unit to user's desk. Otherwise, – more... in the morning the Deployment technician would deliver it in the morning and spend up to 1/2 hour getting the customer familiarized with the Windows 7 desktop and Microsoft Office 2010 apps and how to navigate / customize them for the user's convenience. Printer connectivity would be checked. – less
Great Job
Network Field Technician - Dofasco Contract (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 8, 2012
I worked at a satellite company Dofasco in Hamilton. We maintain all computers and did repairs of any kind whether software and/or hardware
Good
IT Support (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: lots of training
Cons: too much pressure
Very fast growing company. They give value to your knowledge and experience.
Good work enviroment
Data entry (Current Employee), Richmond hillSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: provides independance
Cons: warehouse enviroment
Good and helpful co wokers, Very repetitive job, management is very supporting towards family and school.
Not a fun place to work
Receptionist - Set (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2012
They devised a structured firing of the employees who were honest. Lied on my ROE, stonewalled giving it to me. Forturnately I got counselling from employment insurance who were familiar with they way they dealt with their employees especially those they wanted to get rid of.

About Compugen Inc

From a small operation in Toronto to one of Canada's largest IT service providers, we've come a long way. We've spent 30 years – Read more