Compugen Inc

Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

Poor Company to work for
Print Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillMarch 24, 2015
They don't like to give time off, most people don't have a true backup to cover them when off. Low pay, 2 raises given in 8 years of employment.

It seems as if they are trying to push out the full-time employees and replace them with contract employees.

their contract employees have no job security or benefits. I know contract employees who have gone to work not knowing if they would have a job the next day. That's no way to live or treat your employees.

They used to have lots of employee appreciation events, and bonuses. The last few years they have been eliminated. They don't appreciate when employess go above and beyond for them. They request overtime work, but its like pulling teeth when you want to get paid for it. A lot of times they would ask you to work OT, and when you expect to get paid for it they give you vacation time in lieu. Then they don't document that you worked X amount of hours. So when its time to use you accrued time in lieu hours. Its up to you to prove that you earned it.

No respect for employees time.
Enjoyed my time working with customers and other employees
Senior Imaging Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 1, 2015
ISO 2000 processes sets the standard for how some companies should operate as a whole. It only works when all departments follow and not blame others for their mistakes, costing the company and customers money. Some managers are not forthright or honest about their dealings with employees, causing trife and discord. Proper leadership continues to be an issue in many departments from operating properly, effectively, and efficiently. I learned a lot from my co-workers and enjoyed working with them as we shared ideas and were able to ensure our entire team worked together.
Pros
Worked with a wide variety of people with various backgrounds.
Cons
Too much intradepartmental fighting
Great team environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 23, 2014
My typical day at Compugen consisted of providing phone and email support to over thirty different clients. I worked with an excellent group of support analysts who were always willing to help when needed. I learned extensive trouble shooting skills to help resolve clients computer related issues ranging from application issues to account problems to hardware issues. The best part of my job was getting to work on many different types of problem tickets and the satisfaction I felt when I helped resolve a clients problem. The hardest part about this type of position was not having advanced notice about some issues that I had never encountered and not being to do any research before trying to resolve the issue at hand.
Pros
working with a very knowledgeable team
Cons
not having the best knowledge base
Config technician (afternoon shift) and Deployment technician (morning shift)
Contract Deployment technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, North York and MississaugaNovember 16, 2012
Typical Day: I'd be the Config technician. I'd arrive at the customer's site between 2 and 4pm and call the scheduled U to confirm "refresh" upgrade to Windows . pickup user's XP laptop / desktop and perform backup of data using Microsoft USMT. Prepare the same or new unit with Windows 7 and if requested - return the Win 7 unit to user's desk. Otherwise, in the morning the Deployment technician would deliver it in the morning and spend up to 1/2 hour getting the customer familiarized with the Windows 7 desktop and Microsoft Office 2010 apps and how to navigate / customize them for the user's convenience. Printer connectivity would be checked.
Pros
could choose when to take a break and when to take a lunch.
Cons
long hours (past normal scheduled work time, if backup / windows 7 builds were problematic.roblematic.
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM AS A CONTRACTOR
Sr Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2013
If you expect payment on time forget it.

After your Net30 goes by and close to NET60 and you still haven't been paid, they will then try to re-negotiate hours submitted. I worked there for almost a year. So I did my job enough that it wasn't me. EVERY SINGLE PAY PERIOD came and went and no pay check showed up. At some point I was at NET 90 on paychecks.

Otherwise, the PM's and Practice leads were awesome. Customers were challenging but positive. Great place to work, if you want to work for free.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
payroll never pays on time
Productive and very friendly enviroment.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillMarch 25, 2015
My experience with Compugen is very positive. It gave an opportunity to grow as a person and professional.
I got to work in different departments and dealt with different kind of people. The tech were very helpful with one another. The management was always available for us.
Honestly, the hardest thing for me was to loose my job at Compugen Inc. Since, I have spent a great deal of years working there.
As a field tech, I worked at different location in a variety of assignments, most of the them for government services. I enjoyed going to different locations and meeting new customers.
I love what I do
Field Deployment Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Its a nice job that requires lots of travel which I enjoy. Put on some tunes and just drive. Its a different office every day and I rarely get to see my office. I've learned lots about printers and servers and computer stuff. Working with co-workers is fun but most of the time your flying solo. Hardest part of the job is being stuck in traffic. Most enjoyable part of the job is peeling off the stickers on new equipment.
Pros
barely see/speak to your boss, flexible hours
Cons
meetings on weekends, no company cars
I worked at Compugen for more than a decade and was privileged to have a lot of professional mentors in my tenure at this company.
Senior Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ONDecember 2, 2014
I worked for this company approx. 9 1/2 years full-time and also 2-3 years on contract when they called me to return to work there to help train and build a young team of Customer Service Reps when there was a higher amount of turnover than normal after I left. I loved working there as the people were very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was when servers crashed at a large company and penalties kicked in for the Senior Client Relations Team of which I was a member of for approx. 9 years.
I believe my training, experience, and proven ability as a Technical Support will allow me to significantly contribute to your company's IT .
Sr.Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONNovember 2, 2014
My Company is the Top best IT Professional Company and we provide support for Ontario Government and Ontario Police and 50 other companies in the Ontario and i am a Team Lead for 5 Project and I am also a best team Player and only the hardest part of my job i have to travel a lot in all over the Ontario and that's way i want a job where i can support in a office or in the same city and most enjoyable part of my job i have opportunity to work with different domain and with different professionals
Good at first glance, but disappointing at the end
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillJuly 22, 2014
The job environment was good in terms of people helping each as a real team, the atmosphere was laid back and friendly.

What I didn't like is the fact that they increase your work load without letting you know in advance, no memos or monthly meetings to let us know what new projects were coming to the table, and the salary remained the same although the work load got greater.
Pros
no pros
Cons
pointing finger culture to find a responsible person to blame.
Fun place to work. PAY SUCKS!
Feild tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONNovember 20, 2014
The pay SUCKS! The mileage SUCKS! they want you to use your own car to drive which sometimes be 700-800KM PER WEEK! and they pay only 0.32/KM they don't care at all about the cost of insurance and repairs. there are days you dont get work but if they call you even on weekends you have to jump and get to the job site.
the work is not IT at all its open boxes and connect a monitor which a kid can do.
DONT WORK HERE!
Pros
free traning
Cons
everything
Field Service technician and onsite contract technician for Compugen.
Field Service PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONNovember 16, 2012
Performed field service calls to service contracts. Replaced hard drives, power supplies in PC's and laptops. Delivered and setup new computer systems and printers.

Performed rollout of Multifunction printers for Telecommuting Bell employees who programmed the phone systems from there home / office environment.

Was assigned to a customer work for them as an onsite Compugen contract technician.
Pros
enjoyable and challenging work.
Cons
car would wear out faster due to travelling from london to kinston to perform service calls.
It's a great company, where you can learn , a good place to work
Software technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
I used to start at 8.30, get few minutes to greet my co-workers and ask my supervisor the instructions to start the job. I learned to work under pressure , to have attention to details when I received the orders. I was integrated in a great team, I was commited to their work.
Pros
Good team, team Lead supportive, lots of opportunity to train
Cons
The company's compensation is on the low side.
Very good environment to work in.
Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, OntarioJuly 14, 2014
The environment was such that you were able to work well with your co-workers. Always a happy and fun place to work. All staff worked together to complete the daily needs for the service desk. This included taking calls, managing emails, and handling any and all customer escalations. Worked closely with Incident Managers to identify and address any customer outages in a timely fashion.
Pros
work life balance
Not the best Not the worst
Computer Tech/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, OntarioJuly 30, 2013
I had been with this company for almost 3 yrs.
If your looking to get full time, good luck. This company and others that I've noticed are keeping people on low wage contracts for yrs and yrs. and not hiring them.
Pros
good clean enironment, well organized, friendly staff.
Cons
low wage, low chance of fulltime employment.
Busy and demanding job working and travelling in Southern Alberta.
Systems Analyst and Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 19, 2015
- Got ready previous day; travelled next day.
- Often came back late.
- Effective but ever-changing requirements and management.
- Excellent team.
- Hard job due to working late hours.
- Learning and acquiring new skills.
Pros
Being able to help.
Cons
Long and unpredictible work hours.
Great Exsperience
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR TEMP (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2014
I had a wonderful time working at this company they opened me up to their company and what they do i have learnt a lot from them and look forward to maybe becoming a team member in the future
Pros
free coffee
Cons
driving heanday early morn traffic lol
I have only good memories from my time working there.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 15, 2015
I had a memorable time at this company. I learned many new things and gained a lot of experience. The people I worked with were great and it was always a friendly environment.
Pros
great place to learn.
Cons
sometimes there was no work.
Great Canadian success story
ISR/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONDecember 16, 2014
This is really where i cut my teeth and learn about I.T. There are lots of room for learning in this company, and job is not hard if you are a hard worker and willing to learn.
A great management structure and team is in place, teammates were super.
Not a fun place to work
Receptionist - Set (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2012
They devised a structured firing of the employees who were honest. Lied on my ROE, stonewalled giving it to me. Forturnately I got counselling from employment insurance who were familiar with they way they dealt with their employees especially those they wanted to get rid of.