Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

Not a very good work environment
Bilingual Technical Helpdesk technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 January 2018
Not a good work environment. Management does not consider the work load being put upon their staff. And Management never communicates what they require from their work staff. Over all the company work environment is very un -healthy.
Pros
Cons
Un realistic work environment
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 January 2018
Okay, not so excellent Job Work/Life Balance
Okay, not so excellent Salary/Benefits
Okay, not so excellent Job Security/Advancement
Okay Management
Okay Job Culture
Desktop Support
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 January 2018
Worked at client site for Compugen Inc.
Typical day of IT support as like many other places.
Lots of tech to learn, no opportunity or offers to learn more by Compugen.
Management is all company based and a lot of yes men/women vs employee based.
All they care about is company revenue.
Raises if you get them are not so great. I have had .5 to 1.5% max over 10 years. With 3 years of no raises.
No appreciation for employees or their work, no perks.
Client was better to me than Compugen was in regards of appreciation.
Lies and deceit are typical practices of this place. MGMT and HR vs PR they put out to word are completely disconnected
Pay is not reviewed as it should be, same job done by many different people with all different rates or the sucker they happen to land.
It is a great company to work and Advance your IT Profession
Configuration Technician (On-Call) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 December 2017
It is a great company to work and Advance your IT Profession.
It is a great company for new graduate to begin their IT Profession and Advance their skills in varies level.
wretched
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
this place was terrible after a few years. Started out fine but pay never went up from 7-11 level, on call was excessive, management only cared about numbers and there was not a single event to give back to the employees.
Pros
better than living under a bridge
Cons
not much better than living under a bridge
Good place for learning
Operations Analyst, Managed Services (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 November 2017
Compugen a place where Analyst can get knowledge about every IT environment.as well as Compugen provides free training, definitely will recommend for the new learner to join this exciting team.
Learn More with Less pay( good place for Beginners)
IT CLIENT SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
Learn More with Less pay -
Good for beginners;
You have to deal with many clients;
Lot of work pressure.
No salary increment I have been getting same pay for last 3 months.
Just Contract Job
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
As a contract job, Pay rate was very good.

However, there were not enough hours for contractors to do in a week, even months.

Project Management was poor, giving contractor hard time to deal with progress of the work.
Pros
pay rate acceptable
Cons
not enough work hours, poor project management, etc.
Large scaled company with great employees
Service Coordinator / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 September 2017
Compugen holds the title of one of the top 10 IT Companies in Canada. The company is great to work for, the founder is down to earth and is in tune with all the employees. A large part of the company is sales driven; a large part is timely service as well. The teams are great to work with; however, training and advancement lacked during my time with Compugen.
Compugen
Superviseur des opérations, Services techniques (Former Employee) –  Saguenay, QC6 September 2017
depuis maintenant 1 an je suis chez compugen.
J'adore l'ambiance de l'equipe et le travail est divertissant
et gratifiant dans certain cas
Pros
la liberter d'agir
Cons
salaire
A declining experience for my duration with the company.
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
Compugen, from an IT technician's point of view, is best used as an introduction to the industry. It lacks nearly any sense of company culture from the IT service management point of view.

Early during my employment we did have multiple meetings and culture nurturing efforts but this steadily declined while the workload steadily climbed. I compare this to my experience in related companies including Dell where I may have liked the work less but the support and respect I felt from the company was far greater.

The industry practice of back filling positions with new hires that have little to no IT experience is the staple with Compugen. Our team's technical leadership all but vanished by the end of my term and experienced technicians like myself were left with a team insufficiently trained to support important clients like the Government of Alberta. I was provided no time to train new hires due to my own service load and was forced to work along side employees who lacked any post-secondary IT training. I consider this a failure at the management and HR levels.

Opportunities for work on several contracts were available with optional project work. Technician work balance was decent but low level management was often required to do reporting well into their off hours and even at night.

If you wish to gain experience in the field of IT perhaps look into Compugen but I suggest avoiding them as a career path into the future.
Pros
Maintained GoA contract which was challenging and interesting
Cons
Failed to maintain respectable levels of professional support or culture.
illegitimate releases based on anonymous emails
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
This company releases individuals based on anonymous emails with fake images. Not only that but also on social media profile images and status updates that display history books & Buddhist religious icons.

Needless to say, but the illegal actions of this company without any real investigation into those anonymous emails needs to be considered before anyone thinks about signing on to this company.
did not work for me
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 August 2017
I did not enjoy my time in this regional office. Tools and technology in use at the time were outdated and unsuitable for the job. My manager was not a good people person and did not understand the responsibilities of my role within the larger organizational structure.
work from home
Bilingual Commvault Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 August 2017
work from home
Team meetings once a week
remote access with Laptop
office location close to home
Office perks, employee recognition programs and new facility
Pros
cafeteria food is great
Cons
culture
Friendly environment
Production Coordinator, Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Friendly environment, which makes you motivated to work harder. Active and great place to work. during my stay there I was going to work with energy and although I was new there few colleagues came to me and helped me by introducing departments and learning me the way of working in that company. The only negative point was job security which was for me as a contract maybe it was good for per employees which i have no idea.
Nice place to work, great atmosphere
Worksite Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
I enjoyed my time with Compugen, the job was varied and kept me busy. My co-workers were helpful and awesome to work with. Great place for an IT career.
Horrible management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 June 2017
I worked in the warehouse recently, and some of us each do the work of 3 people without being compensated for this extra work. They have cameras installed to see what we are doing. Meanwhile, there are people working from home who have it easy and are getting paid more for doing less work and aren't even being watched to see if they are doing their work. There's also a lot of workplace discrimination from the supervisor and lead hand.
Cons
Bad management, poor pay for doing more work
Excellent working environment
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2017
Excellent working environment and staff. Flexible working shifts. Competitive salary and benefits. Best in class equipment and training programs. Very helpful peers and management.
The Good. The Bad. The expensive.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 June 2017
The fist would get tighter.
- Verb agreements may waver (any work over 9am - 9 pm get dinner on us)
- a coworker late for assignment you and other coworkers were sometimes under scrutiny & verbally intimidated.
- though expense miles keep a constant pace when a certain plateau was met they reduced compensation.
Pros
perks: coffee, printer/paper/resources, open communication, some room to grow
Cons
pay
used to be a good place to work
TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
stopped being a fun work environment after they took over metaphor

since then the executive is focused only on utilization numbers that aren't properly or correctly tracked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compugen Inc. Our community is ready to answer.