Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

very demanding place to work
Financial / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 February 2017
I developed dashboard, reports and trained my juniors. Very nice working in the company but not many chances to grow. What I learn at my own, very less help and there are barriers made me going forward.
Big on promises...
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vanouver17 February 2017
Compugen is a strange company. It is nearly all siloed into a few specific delivery organisations. they compete, creating politics. I was there nearly 8 months, in that time I did not meet my boss even once or anyone from my team. No performance reviews, no orientation to start, emails ignored...just a really bizarre place to work. Eventually they made my position expendable, only 7 months after hiring a permanent employee.
Pros
Left to your own devices alot
Cons
No support. Dishonest management
A great place to work
Desktop & Worksite Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2017
Being able to facilitate a number of different projects within the scope of the position kept me interested and established learning in a wide variety of industry applications and technical services.
Pros
Excellent management, friendly colleagues, education
Cons
None that I didn't create for myself
Not ideal for personal growth and advancement
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 February 2017
This employment adventure began with a great deal of promise and with an absolutely exceptional manager - a lady that is truly one of a kind with true leadership skills - ability to listen, ability to address concerns quickly and fairly and who set a positive example for the team. She also trusted in the capabilities of each team member without micromanagement. Her departure from the company left a huge hole in the team and this affected the morale of the team.

The abysmal failure of the management to replace her and to provide competent and conscious guidance in the period after that led to the eventual collapse of the team - people resigned to move on to better positions and others were fired.

If one desires a place where you are promised good pay and professional advancement while working yourself to a frazzle without ever seeing it happen - come and work here. You will see your professional dreams evaporate. Every person in the team was promised not only good pay but more importantly - the opportunity to grow. This simply did not happen.

What did I learn? That this is a company where good employees go to waste, where communication is insincere, is scrambled as a broken radio and where an individual team member is as valuable as toilet paper.

A BIG disappointment.
Pros
Work from home, relatively flexible working hours
Cons
No support from management, poor communication, delays in compensation/reimbursement for expenses
Good for career start and learning to survive in a fast-paced environment
Senior Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 February 2017
Good for career start and learning to thrive in a fast-paced environment . Also this role involved project management skills so great experience for PMP.
Workplace with always something to do
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 January 2017
Generally the work is good but there are issues with career advancement and technical training. Can't expense time or money on new skills and certifications unless your current position requires it. Limited upward mobility. Notorious for keeping techs on monthly contracts for years. Considers most people replaceable and underpays frequently.
Pros
Cons
They do not care about your development
Employess need to be update with the new system
Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 January 2017
people work in this company have old mentality, and it's hurt to improve the work environment. people has been working to long, and it's difficult to change the system, need new technology to improve productivity.
Average company to work for
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
No career advancement. Work is not appreciated, you are expect to grind. A very standard company to work for, nothing extraordinary. Pay is very ordinary.
Great team, fast paced environment, interesting job
Desk site support analyst/Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON21 November 2016
Working in a busy work environment with a great team and independently. Defiantly interesting job, you will never get bored of and learn a lot everyday :)
Pros
Keeps you busy all day long
Cons
Industrial environment
Good please to work and learn
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 November 2016
Even though some people might not like it but the work environment will put you in front of new technologies at day 1 and force you to learn.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Management decisions
Productive company with selling latest technology to clients
Team Lead Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 October 2016
Great company culture, with a good work environment. The company treats you as family & very caring to work-life balance. The hardest part of the job is not being able to advance much in my career.
Cons
Minimal chances to advancement
Very Good Company
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 September 2016
Working at Compugen is a great experience.
It is a very good company to work for.
I really loved working there. The team is great.
I get my pay cheques on time every half a month. And the pay is quite competitive to other companies.
Management often treats employees at Vancouver site. Lots of social events such as hiking.
Compugen is a fast growing company. Clients love Compugen because the team members are excellent, service is great!
Harry is a great CEO!

I love working at Compugen.
Pros
Great Team. Excellent Company
N/a
Computer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 August 2016
I just working here to replace a technician which was on sick leave for one month. In general, the working environment was pretty sweet and chill. So, I do have nothing to complain except maybe for the slow delay getting all my different applications accesses.
Computer Systems Analyst
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 June 2016
Learned quite a lot of beneficial skills towards my career. Made good connections and was able to polish up my technical skills.
Growing Company, needs to remember who builds the company
Technical Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2016
Company is growing, however management often forgets the front line workers who make the direct impact to the clients, and in the end determines what gets done. Lower pay than national average.
good fun company
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2016
Help employees with any issues they are having with their personal computers, monitors and printer issues. Great team to work for.
Good place to work. Excellent ralationhips with team workers.
Retired from Compugen Inc. Richmond Hill (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 March 2016
Compugen Inc. is a multicultural employees with no sign of discrimination and everyone is equal.
The owner and president of the company is a warm, friendly intelligent person, and he is leading his company in good direction for the good of the employee.
Just a terrible place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 March 2016
long hours, have to do 5 mens job and don't get compensated, unsafe warehouse, horrible management, over congestion and just a horrible work environment.
Cons
horrible work environment, dangerous work place, terrible management, horrible work ethics
Productive and stimulating workplace
Technical Support Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 March 2016
Workplace allows fast apprenticeship about whole range of IT products and services.
work done mainly as team work. Results are more oriented about the team and group and not the individual
Company experience rating
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 February 2016
Management culture to employees and contract workers must be more on participative style of management and to be more innovative in facing the fast changing pace of technology.

This company needs to bench mark its business operations to the leading firms in its class, to learn & innovate and to survive in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compugen Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9