Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Production Coordinator, Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Friendly environment, which makes you motivated to work harder. Active and great place to work. during my stay there I was going to work with energy and although I was new there few colleagues came to me and helped me by introducing departments and learning me the way of working in that company. The only negative point was job security which was for me as a contract maybe it was good for per employees which i have no idea.
Nice place to work, great atmosphere
Worksite Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
I enjoyed my time with Compugen, the job was varied and kept me busy. My co-workers were helpful and awesome to work with. Great place for an IT career.
Horrible management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 June 2017
I worked in the warehouse recently, and some of us each do the work of 3 people without being compensated for this extra work. They have cameras installed to see what we are doing. Meanwhile, there are people working from home who have it easy and are getting paid more for doing less work and aren't even being watched to see if they are doing their work. There's also a lot of workplace discrimination from the supervisor and lead hand.
Cons
Bad management, poor pay for doing more work
Excellent working environment
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2017
Excellent working environment and staff. Flexible working shifts. Competitive salary and benefits. Best in class equipment and training programs. Very helpful peers and management.
used to be a good place to work
TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
stopped being a fun work environment after they took over metaphor

since then the executive is focused only on utilization numbers that aren't properly or correctly tracked
Lack of structure and common sense
Dispatch Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
Head office quick to make bold and catastrophic moves. Several promises if advancement lead to being pushed out the door. Seems the company has a majority of staff from Metafore after the acquisition. Found the best part of my days was in the field working directly with the clients and not with the absent management and or supervisors.
Pros
Great client setup
Cons
Poor wages, lack of advancement
Customer engagement
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 May 2017
Focus on customer satisfaction based on sales team promises, even when there was a gap. Ideal for seasoned professionals not looking for mentorship or support
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Long hours, little if any support
Nice place to work.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill. ON25 February 2017
Nice place to work. Full of fun. Team work is important to the company. Company provide paid training to workers. Good management. Nice place to park and good cafeteria.
very demanding place to work
Financial / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 February 2017
I developed dashboard, reports and trained my juniors. Very nice working in the company but not many chances to grow. What I learn at my own, very less help and there are barriers made me going forward.
Big on promises...
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vanouver17 February 2017
Compugen is a strange company. It is nearly all siloed into a few specific delivery organisations. they compete, creating politics. I was there nearly 8 months, in that time I did not meet my boss even once or anyone from my team. No performance reviews, no orientation to start, emails ignored...just a really bizarre place to work. Eventually they made my position expendable, only 7 months after hiring a permanent employee.
Pros
Left to your own devices alot
Cons
No support. Dishonest management
A great place to work
Desktop & Worksite Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2017
Being able to facilitate a number of different projects within the scope of the position kept me interested and established learning in a wide variety of industry applications and technical services.
Pros
Excellent management, friendly colleagues, education
Cons
None that I didn't create for myself
Not ideal for personal growth and advancement
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 February 2017
This employment adventure began with a great deal of promise and with an absolutely exceptional manager - a lady that is truly one of a kind with true leadership skills - ability to listen, ability to address concerns quickly and fairly and who set a positive example for the team. She also trusted in the capabilities of each team member without micromanagement. Her departure from the company left a huge hole in the team and this affected the morale of the team.

The abysmal failure of the management to replace her and to provide competent and conscious guidance in the period after that led to the eventual collapse of the team - people resigned to move on to better positions and others were fired.

If one desires a place where you are promised good pay and professional advancement while working yourself to a frazzle without ever seeing it happen - come and work here. You will see your professional dreams evaporate. Every person in the team was promised not only good pay but more importantly - the opportunity to grow. This simply did not happen.

What did I learn? That this is a company where good employees go to waste, where communication is insincere, is scrambled as a broken radio and where an individual team member is as valuable as toilet paper.

A BIG disappointment.
Pros
Work from home, relatively flexible working hours
Cons
No support from management, poor communication, delays in compensation/reimbursement for expenses
Good for career start and learning to survive in a fast-paced environment
Senior Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 February 2017
Good for career start and learning to thrive in a fast-paced environment . Also this role involved project management skills so great experience for PMP.
Workplace with always something to do
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 January 2017
Generally the work is good but there are issues with career advancement and technical training. Can't expense time or money on new skills and certifications unless your current position requires it. Limited upward mobility. Notorious for keeping techs on monthly contracts for years. Considers most people replaceable and underpays frequently.
Pros
Cons
They do not care about your development
Employess need to be update with the new system
Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 January 2017
people work in this company have old mentality, and it's hurt to improve the work environment. people has been working to long, and it's difficult to change the system, need new technology to improve productivity.
Average company to work for
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
No career advancement. Work is not appreciated, you are expect to grind. A very standard company to work for, nothing extraordinary. Pay is very ordinary.
Great team, fast paced environment, interesting job
Desk site support analyst/Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON21 November 2016
Working in a busy work environment with a great team and independently. Defiantly interesting job, you will never get bored of and learn a lot everyday :)
Pros
Keeps you busy all day long
Cons
Industrial environment
Good please to work and learn
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 November 2016
Even though some people might not like it but the work environment will put you in front of new technologies at day 1 and force you to learn.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Management decisions
Productive company with selling latest technology to clients
Team Lead Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 October 2016
Great company culture, with a good work environment. The company treats you as family & very caring to work-life balance. The hardest part of the job is not being able to advance much in my career.
Cons
Minimal chances to advancement
Very Good Company
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 September 2016
Working at Compugen is a great experience.
It is a very good company to work for.
I really loved working there. The team is great.
I get my pay cheques on time every half a month. And the pay is quite competitive to other companies.
Management often treats employees at Vancouver site. Lots of social events such as hiking.
Compugen is a fast growing company. Clients love Compugen because the team members are excellent, service is great!
Harry is a great CEO!

I love working at Compugen.
Pros
Great Team. Excellent Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compugen Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9