Compugen Inc

Compugen Inc Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and very friendly enviroment.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Richmond HillMarch 25, 2015
My experience with Compugen is very positive. It gave an opportunity to grow as a person and professional.
I got to work in different departments and dealt with different kind of people. The tech were very helpful with one another. The management was always available for us.
Honestly, the hardest thing for me was to loose my job at Compugen Inc. Since, I have spent a great deal of years working there.
As a field tech, I worked at different location in a variety of assignments, most of the them for government services. I enjoyed going to different locations and meeting new customers.
Poor Company to work for
Print Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond HillMarch 24, 2015
They don't like to give time off, most people don't have a true backup to cover them when off. Low pay, 2 raises given in 8 years of employment.

It seems as if they are trying to push out the full-time employees and replace them with contract employees.

their contract employees have no job security or benefits. I know contract employees who have gone to work not knowing if they would have a job the next day. That's no way to live or treat your employees.

They used to have lots of employee appreciation events, and bonuses. The last few years they have been eliminated. They don't appreciate when employess go above and beyond for them. They request overtime work, but its like pulling teeth when you want to get paid for it. A lot of times they would ask you to work OT, and when you expect to get paid for it they give you vacation time in lieu. Then they don't document that you worked X amount of hours. So when its time to use you accrued time in lieu hours. Its up to you to prove that you earned it.

No respect for employees time.
I have only good memories from my time working there.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great place to learn.
Cons: sometimes there was no work.
I had a memorable time at this company. I learned many new things and gained a lot of experience. The people I worked with were great and it was always a friendly environment.
I love what I do
Field Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: barely see/speak to your boss, flexible hours
Cons: meetings on weekends, no company cars
Its a nice job that requires lots of travel which I enjoy. Put on some tunes and just drive. Its a different office every day and I rarely get to see my office. I've learned lots about printers and servers and computer stuff. Working with co-workers is fun but most of the time your flying solo. Hardest part of the job is being stuck in traffic. Most enjoyable part of the job is peeling off the stickers on new equipment.
Great Canadian success story
ISR/Project Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 16, 2014
This is really where i cut my teeth and learn about I.T. There are lots of room for learning in this company, and job is not hard if you are a hard worker and willing to learn.
A great management structure and team is in place, teammates were super.
I worked at Compugen for more than a decade and was privileged to have a lot of professional mentors in my tenure at this company.
Senior Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, ONDecember 2, 2014
I worked for this company approx. 9 1/2 years full-time and also 2-3 years on contract when they called me to return to work there to help train and build a young team of Customer Service Reps when there was a higher amount of turnover than normal after I left. I loved working there as the people were very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was when servers crashed at a large company and penalties kicked in for the Senior Client Relations Team of which I was a member of for approx. 9 years.
Fun place to work. PAY SUCKS!
Feild tech (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free traning
Cons: everything
The pay SUCKS! The mileage SUCKS! they want you to use your own car to drive which sometimes be 700-800KM PER WEEK! and they pay only 0.32/KM they don't care at all about the cost of insurance and repairs. there are days you dont get work but if they call you even on weekends you have to jump and get to the job site.
the work is not IT at all its open boxes and connect a monitor which a kid can do.
DONT WORK HERE!
I believe my training, experience, and proven ability as a Technical Support will allow me to significantly contribute to your company's IT .
Sr.Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 2, 2014
My Company is the Top best IT Professional Company and we provide support for Ontario Government and Ontario Police and 50 other companies in the Ontario and i am a Team Lead for 5 Project and I am also a best team Player and only the hardest part of my job i have to travel a lot in all over the Ontario and that's way i want a job where i can support in a office or in the same city and most enjoyable part of my job i have opportunity to work with different domain and with different professionals
Challenging job by moments
Migration and service technician (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: work time table is very variable and depends on number of contracts
Get to end user premises, read the documentation procedure.
Execute the migration procedure in a timely manner.
Good at first glance, but disappointing at the end
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond HillJuly 22, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: pointing finger culture to find a responsible person to blame.
The job environment was good in terms of people helping each as a real team, the atmosphere was laid back and friendly.

What I didn't like is the fact that they increase your work load without letting you know in advance, no memos or monthly meetings to let us know what new projects were coming to the table, and the salary remained the same although the work load got greater.
Very good environment to work in.
Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work life balance
The environment was such that you were able to work well with your co-workers. Always a happy and fun place to work. All staff worked together to complete the daily needs for the service desk. This included taking calls, managing emails, and handling any and all customer escalations. Worked closely with Incident Managers to identify and address any customer outages in a timely fashion.
Great team environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: working with a very knowledgeable team
Cons: not having the best knowledge base
My typical day at Compugen consisted of providing phone and email support to over thirty different clients. I worked with an excellent group of support analysts who were always willing to help when needed. I learned extensive trouble shooting skills to help resolve clients computer related issues ranging from application issues to account problems to hardware issues. The best part of my job was getting to work on many different types of problem tickets and the satisfaction I felt when I helped resolve a clients problem. The hardest part about this type of position was not having advanced notice about some issues that I had never encountered and not being to do any research before trying to resolve the issue at hand.
Deskside Analyst Position Review
Team Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2014
Pros: high salary
Cons: old office space
Excellent training provided. The job requires self-motivation as you are in an unsupervised environment. Management is always at your disposal. Very good team structure that allows you to troubleshoot as a group.
Productive with a wide range of accounts.
FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioApril 30, 2014
Pros: parking and mileage expensed
Cons: no advisements on taking in new accounts
A typical day would be traveling around to various sites to either diagnose or repair computer or printer equipment. Picking up and returning parts from a warehouse.
Great Exsperience
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR TEMP (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: driving heanday early morn traffic lol
I had a wonderful time working at this company they opened me up to their company and what they do i have learnt a lot from them and look forward to maybe becoming a team member in the future
Moving on...
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 27, 2014
Company sees you more like a number than a person. Not the kind of environment I like. Not a rewarding experience.
Ok place to work
Deployment Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 27, 2014
From a Deployment Technician perspective, Compugen should place more emphasis on rewarding it's top technicians who are the face of the business on a daily basis.
Fun Work Enviornment
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
People at the south end office are all amazing thanks for a great time there!
Great team to work with
Windows 7 Regional Technician/Coordinator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: inadaquit management
Excellent team leaders, all though poor management skills and unable to dedicate proper business practices in the work force because of remote operations.
Very straight forward
PC Deployment and Support (Former Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONOctober 24, 2013
Learned tips of volume deployment and inventory tracking techniques.
- enjoyed meeting a lot of people

About Compugen Inc

From a small operation in Toronto to one of Canada's largest IT service providers, we've come a long way. We've spent 30 years – Read more