CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Systems Intergration Engineer III (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2014
Great location full of young people with great ideas. Good technology, full of potential
Fun, productive, professional and Enjoyable
HyperCare & Windows 7 Tech (Former Employee), New brunswick, New JerseyMay 8, 2014
8:30am - 5:30pm

I learned a lot about working with bigger teams and in a more professional environment. The management was very laid back but professional. They let us focus on our work and asked us to come up with plans and ideas to better the system we worked with.
Hardest part of my job was to effectively keep the clients happy and to be accurate – more... with our decision making and fixing problems.

Most enjoyable part was the challenges that came with the job. – less
Productive and very relaxing enviroment
Service Desk Technician/ Mainframe admin/ AD (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunched, 1hr lunch, 4 day weeks
Cons: mid day hours
Working in Mainframe, Active directory, editing Knowledge articles, and helping agents with service calls. Management is really relaxing never putting to much pressure on employees.Coworkers really respectful. There is nothing hard about this job.
Daily service calls pr replacement shipping inventory
Field Service Technician/Three month contractor (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 30, 2014
Pros: working from home co. car
Cons: always on call
Daily service calls parts replacement shipping inventory.Use of company car - alway on call
Not a good working emvironment
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2014
Run calls 5 to 100 miles away...
Learned how little management cares for employee well being...
Bad management...
Co workers do their best
No recognition
Quitting
Great place with great flexibility.
Field Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FlApril 24, 2014
Pros: schedule, freedom, trainining for certs, company laptop and cellphone.
Cons: pay rate could be hire.
If you like working independent with little supervision, this is a great job, very hands on with all kinds of job environments to work in.
Good company
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Paulsboro, NJApril 21, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the work I was doing.
Better Compensation
Webex Admin / iProcurement Admin (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 17, 2014
I've worked for this company years and has only received one pay increase. STS and Compucom GTRC US workers are overworked , under paid , and consistently on edge with most of our job being sent to India.
Decent company to get your foot in the door
Network Analyst III (Former Employee), MidlandApril 16, 2014
Pros: great customer
Cons: pay, benefits, management
I never expected to stay in the position I was in long term. I heard nothing but disgruntled rumblings from my coworkers and tried to stay out of it. But it was obvious during the conference meetings that not many were happy with the compensation and benefits. They basically trained and gave me the experience to go on to bigger and better things. I – more... dont know what their plan is for retention of qualified tech, but I know the current standard isnt working. – less
Compucom
Field Tech II (Current Employee), OKCApril 6, 2014
For the most part I enjoy my job, but they keep wanting you to do more and compensate for it. Also lately I can't even get 40 hours and no one seems to care. As of now I would not recommend this as a place of work, unless just starting in the IT field to get experience.
Great Stepping Stone
Desktop Support Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 23, 2014
It all depends on the company you are contracting to and your manager. My current experience wasn't great.
Learned most of my job skills on the job.
Communication Installation (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: working in an unsafe environment such as the refinery.
My work day started at 7am. We had a morning team meeting to discuss any projects someone had coming up. How to distribute the man power. I loved being in charge of projects such as a big move. I loved putting the spreadsheets together and gathering up all the information and making it easy for my co-workers to follow. The hardest part of the job to – more... me was having to go behind some and read their notes. We were all trained the was horrible. Sometimes it made you have to go back and re-do the same work over again.
All the information I have learned about wiring came from someone who took the time to teach me. I have no proof that I actually have the knowledge to do all these things unless someone gives me a chance. – less
A good place to work
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaMarch 21, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: salary
Everyday IT company, much more relaxed atmosphere than most companies. co-workers are fun and human, Plenty of opportunity to achieve Certifications and learn new technologies.
Great Entry Level Company
Team Lead / Level 2 Support Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2014
Great place to get your foot in the door, but expect to move after a year.

Very little transparency with a low ceiling.

Focused on quantity over quality.

Competitive pay and benefits.
Low Compensation
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014
Just a temporary job.
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 7, 2014
It was great traveling for this company. But sadly it only lasted for three months. It was only a three month contract job.
Productive and a good place to work
Responsible for Executive (Former Employee), New Jersey and OhioMarch 2, 2014
Compucom was a great place to work. Learned a lot while i was there. Co-workers were great to work with and very helpful at times.Learned to be very proactive and customer service being a top priority. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people.
Good place to work initially
Help Desk Analyst/Service Order Management (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: location, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: pay was not up to standard
As a Help Desk Analyst I was answering service calls most of the day, and determining if the issue could be resolved over the telephone or if the ticket should be assigned to another service group. During my stay there I supported a number of different contracts and so I am familiar with different systems and company policies. I was also responsible – more... for following up on all of my unresolved tickets to insure that all issues were resolved.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with clients who did not want to follow my instructions or who wanted me to do something that was against company policy, i.e. resetting a password without proper verification, but most of the clients were pleasant and cooperative and I enjoyed being able to help them.
For the last year(approximately) I was on the Service Order Management team, reviewing the service orders written up by the help desk analysts to ensure that they were correct, complete and assigned to the correct service group.
I had a good rapport with the local management team and with my co-workers. Upper management was located in Dallas and I had little contact with them. – less
Good Company
Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Paulsboro, NJFebruary 18, 2014
Positive workplace
Analyst (Current Employee), Bothell, WAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: reliable work hours & benefits
Cons: pay rate
Great work environment. Pretty good benefits. Steady employment. Hardware and software support for Windows based computers.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more