CompuCom Employee Reviews

It is a serious environment and Suncor is one of the most dificult client.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2014
I worked for this company for few months. Good experience with management and job duties.
A typical day at work was to make daily updates, set up, edit, maintain, and close projects.
Great people and a great company to work for.
present work place
Computer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton20 January 2014
my Job at Compucom consist of providing an IT service for a number of high profile Customers, I'm presently at CNR in the capacity of AGS Technician
Suncor interesting, Compucom dumb
Senior UNIX Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2014
Suncor loves complexity in their IT environment, which makes for an interesting and stimulating environment. Unfortunately they chose to outsource their IT to Compucom, who focus only on ensuring the continued flow of money.
productive and friendly co-worker
Tech Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 December 2013
Well management and helpful co-workers. Self-supervision work environment. The most fun part is meeting various people everyday.
Compucom - Sleezy Unprofessional management!
Suncor contract (Former Employee) –  calgary, ab26 October 2013
CompuCom has a horrible turn over rate. There is no credit to long lasting employees and very little recognition!.
The Calgary Suncor management degrade their employees and have made suggestive remarks and actions towards many of the female staff!
Very unprofessional with their behavior and actions.
Pay is also very low. Employees are in constant fear of losing their jobs. The demand is very high and the reward is very little.
Cons
bad management, low money, unprofessional, fast turnover, very little recognition
very professional place to work
Onsite Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 October 2013
great atmosphere but lawyers can be very demanding at times.
Pros
great responsibility
Cons
can stressful at times due to demands
Great place to work!
Accounting Assistant II, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2013
Enjoyed working there doing contract work. I worked in several departments and my co-workers and supervisors were great to work with.
Very good workspace
Bilingual Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2013
Management was great. Very good place to work.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with clients.
IT Field Specialist
IT Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2013
Warranty Services: Commercial SMB, problem determination, onsite support, parts logistics and exchange
 Working with ticketing application I had to troubleshoot IT equipment in schools
 Dispatch Break/Fix Services for desktops, laptops, netbooks and peripherals
 In charge with IMACs (installs, moves, adds and changes) on a daily basis. New Equipment preparation,
hardware setup & installation, disk formatting & cleaning, install boards, memory & peripherals, network setup
& connections, disassembly & reconfiguration
 Installed new OS, software & drivers which were usually predefined images
 Upgrading hardware or software and scaling systems for expansion
 Backups and Recovery – Including strategies that fit the realities of the business and help maximize uptime
and protect data
Take care
Computer technician(intern) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough18 July 2013
Salary is pathetic. Management just want more profile, do not care about his employee. Most important, this company do not value his employee. They have very good strategy, especially in rush season, they take good advantage of CO-OP students, when CO-OP ends, they just kick them out.
Interesting introduction into many new technologies.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2013
This is a good job to get your foot in the door and a little experience if you are beginning you IT career. I did have a bad experience with a few other employees litterally sleeping on the night shift, leaving me to do all the work which became very frustrating. After speaking with management, the issue was still not resolved, and I could not go back on day shift do to the fact I was the only bilingual French person available to work overnights. I eventually had to choose to leave due to the unfair way I was being treated.
Pros
Nice office building, free coffee
Cons
disorganised (disappointing because the job itself was interesting)
PC Support
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  CompuCom worker Based in the West Island2 May 2013
I work with a nice group of support technicians and can rely on them should I need their help in anyway. Being in the PC Support area, I greet people who come to see me with any type of computer issue and either resolve or direct them to the appropriate support group. I truly enjoy what I do on a daily basis especially when the user is up and running as quickly as possible. On the other hand should their computer system crash and no data is available to give back to them, this is the part of the job I dislike the most.
Pros
Pay is excellent and so are the benefits
Cons
Not having a manager in Canada. He is based in the U.S.
Environement de travail agréable
Support Technique en TI (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2013
Une journée de travail était monotone et prévisible.
C'était un travail obtenu sous contrat par agence, donc aucune possibilité d'avancement ou d'évolution.

L'équipe avec laquelle je travaillais m'aidait beaucoup à apprécier mon travail car on avait du plaisir à se côtoyer et discuter entre nous lors de nos temps libres.

Le plus difficile fut le côté prévisible et redondant de ce poste et surtout c'était du travail de base. (80% de reset password)

Ce que j'ai le plus aimé, on avait une excellente relation avec notre superviseur (responsable) et il était très ouvert aux suggestions d'améliorations.
Pros
très souvent café offert par notre superviseur
Cons
travail basique et redondant.
Not too bad of a working environment. Somewhat vauge in business structure. High turnover rate makes the business demanding and stressful.
HelpDesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2013
Completed all of the training and gave it the best shot I could as a Certified and Advanced Technical Support Representative.

I also worked at various different desks and the management kept changing constantly which made the policies and everything mixed up because it was confusing having to try different things to get a simple thing fixed.

The rate of Pay was low for the ammount of work and the turnover rate was high for this type of Business.

I had a lot of on the job training and received a lot of learning skills which allowed me to excel and learn new skills.

Very open office environment no room for personal growth. However I did learn to work colaberatively and in a team atmospehere.
Pros
cable tv and games in the lunch room.
Cons
high turn over rate.
Horrible place to work
Incident Problem Change Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2013
Very low pay.
Senior management grinds the work out of each employee by under-staffing projects. They compensate for this by intimidating staff to work through breaks and to stay after their scheduled shifts end. Anyone that spoke up was reassigned and let go within weeks of voicing an opinion held by everyone. I personally witnessed this happen multiple times.
Pros
large learning library
Cons
horrible management.
CompuCom is bad.
Deskside technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2013
CompuCom is a terrible company to work for. The management thinks it's funny to come down and threaten someone's job on a nearly daily basis, there's a constant threat of being terminated, the pay is poor for how much work you have to do and, even if the people who work there are fantastic, there's an oppressive air of fear and hatred.
Though SunCor is far better, using CompuCom as an in for them isn't a bad idea. If you can tolerate the place.
Compucom is a growing IT company
ClientCare Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB3 January 2013
CompuCom is a growing IT outsourcing company; it is headed to the right direction. Working at CompuCom for over 5 years I got to meet lot of talented people and work with daily escalations and provide customer solution.
Pros
flexable working hrs.
Cons
lot of travel time to work.
Great company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2012
A great frendly company, flexible hours. and good pay with benifits.
A place where different types of people worked together for one goal, mission and vision.
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2012
One of the top IT company in North America.
Gained valuable ways to improve career advancement
Ability to mingled to multi cultural environment
The best place to practice accounting knowledge
Communications within the organization is very effective
Adaptable to various customer requirements
Not fun place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2012
Compucom is not a nice place to work. There management is very bad keeps employees in dark never treats them equally and properly.
Pros
nice and clean place
Cons
management very bad company does not pay good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8