CompuCom

Low Compensation
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014
Just a temporary job.
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 7, 2014
It was great traveling for this company. But sadly it only lasted for three months. It was only a three month contract job.
Productive and a good place to work
Responsible for Executive (Former Employee), New Jersey and OhioMarch 2, 2014
Compucom was a great place to work. Learned a lot while i was there. Co-workers were great to work with and very helpful at times.Learned to be very proactive and customer service being a top priority. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people.
Good place to work initially
Help Desk Analyst/Service Order Management (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: location, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: pay was not up to standard
As a Help Desk Analyst I was answering service calls most of the day, and determining if the issue could be resolved over the telephone or if the ticket should be assigned to another service group. During my stay there I supported a number of different contracts and so I am familiar with different systems and company policies. I was also responsible – more... for following up on all of my unresolved tickets to insure that all issues were resolved.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with clients who did not want to follow my instructions or who wanted me to do something that was against company policy, i.e. resetting a password without proper verification, but most of the clients were pleasant and cooperative and I enjoyed being able to help them.
For the last year(approximately) I was on the Service Order Management team, reviewing the service orders written up by the help desk analysts to ensure that they were correct, complete and assigned to the correct service group.
I had a good rapport with the local management team and with my co-workers. Upper management was located in Dallas and I had little contact with them. – less
Good Company
Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Paulsboro, NJFebruary 18, 2014
Positive workplace
Analyst (Current Employee), Bothell, WAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: reliable work hours & benefits
Cons: pay rate
Great work environment. Pretty good benefits. Steady employment. Hardware and software support for Windows based computers.
Great people to work with!
Project Support Analyst (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 12, 2014
This job can be challenging at times. The team i work with makes this job fun and educational. I am a team player and do appreciate a sense of humor. I have learned to much here to list here. The hardest part of my job is the multitasking, juggling 3 sometimes 4 projects at a time. However i like a challenge keeps the job from being boring and as a – more... result i have learned a new skill. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things. I love to learn and learn fast. – less
8+yrs in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting,Data Warehouse, ETL
Data Warehouse/ Database Developer (Current Employee), PUNE, INDIAFebruary 9, 2014
Extensively work experience in Oracle 11g SQL, PLSQL programming, Data Warehousing Development
Writing SQL, PLSQL procedures, Functions, Triggers, REF Cursor and Packages as per business requirements.
Good understanding of ETL process dimensions (Star and Snow-flake Schemas), OLAP and Data modeling hierarchy data.
Writing Unix Shell Scripting firing – more... SQL/PLSQL, ETL for flat files uploads(SQL*loader) from various source system
Certify all queries written by software developers(Java team) to ensure optimal execution of the queries
Packaging up codes for release into production and maintains DB version controlling
Diagnosis and resolution of defects found during QA and UAT test phases
Direct Interactions with Clients and Handling ad hoc Issues on the implemented Modules.
Gathering and documentation of customer’s requirements
Drafting various technical specification documents like operation manuals.
Involved in the design, documentation, and development, testing, cleansing data and loading it at client locations.
Performed DBA activities like (Restore/Backup of databases (Import/Export), Granting privileges roles to the concerned users. Database Performance issue on the server and enhancing the same).
Understanding Functional requirements and ability to translate the same into workable solution.
Co-ordination with product management / development for product enhancements and bug fixes. – less
Time well spent
Executive & Hardware Support Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good people - both support staff and end users
Cons: due to agreements in place unable to accept job offer from client.
Overall great learning experience and client environment offered a great place to work. During time spent as hardware technician support staff was helpful in assisting with resolving hardware issues that would occur in the trading division. The only really draw back was the amount of coverage for the number of users required to support but luckily this – more... was not a daily occurrence. In the executive and critical support role this was in a different division (E&P) the number of clients to support was less but the level of expectations was much higher. Overall across both divisions the people were enjoyable to support which made the days pass quickly. – less
Executive Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Burbank, CaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great service
Great people and a great company to work for. they offer great benefits at a low cost. they have a great school incentive. i've learned so much doing on the job trainning and am current working on getting apple certified.
A very hands on job
IT Technician - Contractor (Former Employee), FLJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work would be go into the Walgreen's store
Late at night and start dismantling the registers to make space
For the new ones, after that we would move to the back office and
Assembling the cabinet to install the servers/firewall and switches.

I learned a lot about servers,firewalls and switches and also about the different types of – more... networks (ring and star).

The hardest part about this job was that most of the stores were set up in the old ring network set up, so the minute one register was disconnected from the network all the registers would go down and affect productivity.

The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting a new city every week. – less
Friendly but dangerous
RMA (Former Employee), Paulsboro, NJJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: everything else
The bad thing about this company is everyone is "temp to hire" which means at any time they can get rid of you without warning or justification. Most come from staffing agencies so check with them about benefits as you get none through CompuCom. Best thing about the place was the people, they were great to get along with. Management is stiff and sometimes – more... a little OCD and shady. You will have to work 1.5-2 years to be an actual hire until then there is no job security and that can be a major cause for worry.
Standing on your feet as most do for 8 hours is tiresome because the company is so concerned with productivity.

If you're considering this company always make sure you have a back up plan for every 1 temp there are 10 more waiting for you to mess up and take your position. Remember everyday is not a guarantee here. Keep your head down and productivity up or you're a goner. – less
Good Place to Work Overall
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, fair management, clear cut expectations
Cons: mileage reimbursement was a bit weak
I worked for Compucom for almost 7 yrs and enjoyed it most of the time.
They required personal car usage but reimbursed at a rate less than government deduction. Require 50 mile deduction daily.
Good work hours generally with little modification to work hours. Good communication with management and management would listen.
Co-workers were good and two – more... years after leaving I still speak with some.
Good place to work but not fault free. – less
Solid company to work for
Hardware Resource Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WaJanuary 24, 2014
Fun atmosphere, good people, vendor job with Microsoft. Great location, flexible schedule.
Life at CompuCom
Network Security Administration Team Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no advancement
8 hours is a typical day
A lot of information
Management has a lot of room for growing
Co-Workers are knowledgeable and are great supporters
Understanding client needs vs Contractual needs
Working collaboratively in a large scaled environment
SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER - Contract (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Working collaboratively in a large scaled environment to ensure the success of the ACA for the federal exchange in healthcare.

Meetings, scrums and planning

I learned about the the ACA

I have enjoyed working with the diverse group of individuals from all over the country.
Management Incompetent/Scope Creep Rampant
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2014
Please Refer to Summary as it states my overall opinion of the environment that I worked in.
Fun people to work with
DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST / IT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great customers to work for @ ge
Cons: could have better manageral direction
I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than 2 years
Pros – Solid work ,Good benefits and generous time off for full time employees
Hires anyone
Project Lead (Former Employee), Philadephia, PAJanuary 15, 2014
great company to work for. Can be a little stressful due to no job security or advancement.
Team oriented, challenging and fulfilling
Lan Administrator (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be resolving customer issues with networking, active directory, application support, and win 7 migration upgrades.

Over the past 18 years, I've learned the value of teamwork, time management, follow up, and extensive troubleshooting background.

My co-workers are such an integral part of the team, each one adding there years – more... of invaluable experience.

The hardest part of the job is trying to reach remote users.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the scoring of my services. – less

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos