CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly but dangerous
RMA (Former Employee), Paulsboro, NJJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: everything else
The bad thing about this company is everyone is "temp to hire" which means at any time they can get rid of you without warning or justification. Most come from staffing agencies so check with them about benefits as you get none through CompuCom. Best thing about the place was the people, they were great to get along with. Management is stiff and sometimes – more... a little OCD and shady. You will have to work 1.5-2 years to be an actual hire until then there is no job security and that can be a major cause for worry.
Standing on your feet as most do for 8 hours is tiresome because the company is so concerned with productivity.

If you're considering this company always make sure you have a back up plan for every 1 temp there are 10 more waiting for you to mess up and take your position. Remember everyday is not a guarantee here. Keep your head down and productivity up or you're a goner. – less
Good Place to Work Overall
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, fair management, clear cut expectations
Cons: mileage reimbursement was a bit weak
I worked for Compucom for almost 7 yrs and enjoyed it most of the time.
They required personal car usage but reimbursed at a rate less than government deduction. Require 50 mile deduction daily.
Good work hours generally with little modification to work hours. Good communication with management and management would listen.
Co-workers were good and two – more... years after leaving I still speak with some.
Good place to work but not fault free. – less
Solid company to work for
Hardware Resource Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WaJanuary 24, 2014
Fun atmosphere, good people, vendor job with Microsoft. Great location, flexible schedule.
Life at CompuCom
Network Security Administration Team Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no advancement
8 hours is a typical day
A lot of information
Management has a lot of room for growing
Co-Workers are knowledgeable and are great supporters
Understanding client needs vs Contractual needs
Working collaboratively in a large scaled environment
SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER - Contract (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Working collaboratively in a large scaled environment to ensure the success of the ACA for the federal exchange in healthcare.

Meetings, scrums and planning

I learned about the the ACA

I have enjoyed working with the diverse group of individuals from all over the country.
Management Incompetent/Scope Creep Rampant
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2014
Please Refer to Summary as it states my overall opinion of the environment that I worked in.
Fun people to work with
DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST / IT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great customers to work for @ ge
Cons: could have better manageral direction
I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than 2 years
Pros – Solid work ,Good benefits and generous time off for full time employees
Hires anyone
Project Lead (Former Employee), Philadephia, PAJanuary 15, 2014
great company to work for. Can be a little stressful due to no job security or advancement.
Team oriented, challenging and fulfilling
Lan Administrator (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be resolving customer issues with networking, active directory, application support, and win 7 migration upgrades.

Over the past 18 years, I've learned the value of teamwork, time management, follow up, and extensive troubleshooting background.

My co-workers are such an integral part of the team, each one adding there years – more... of invaluable experience.

The hardest part of the job is trying to reach remote users.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the scoring of my services. – less
great
IT Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 12, 2014
I love working here. Everyone is very respectful. Everyday I wake up with a smile on my face, and go to sleep with it as well.
the people are great, but not the company
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2014
the local Management and people are great to work with, but the corporate level only cares about money.
I install and repair Apple and dell computers
CompuCom (formerly Getronics) was a great company to work for
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great local management. ability to work from home.
Cons: elimination of jobs to send overseas.
Local management appreciated their employees and their performance. This was a dream job. Unfortunately, jobs are being sent overseas of which caused a lot of lay-offs and eventually the closing of the Houston offices.
Great Company.
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: tech experience, ability to travel, good pay
Cons: n/a
What I most liked about CompuCom was the movement I had from project to project. One day I would be in the heart of Washington, D.C. and the next day I would be in Alexandria, VA. I never got too comfortable on one project (which is exactly what I wanted). I got to work with a variety of big company clients to help solve their technical needs. Whether – more... it was replacing computer hardware or help solving mind-numbing problems. It's something I was very proud of doing and I would recommend anyone to strive to work for a great company such as CompuCom. Management was always helpful, other fellow technicians were very friendly, and all of that just created a healthy work environment. – less
Fun and learning experience
Level 1 Computer Technician (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 8, 2014
every day there is always something to do great work enviroment.
Will Never Refer Someone To Work At CompuCom
CAS Temp (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: everything
Management is bad they lie to you and you dont get paid enough for what you deal with.
Good company that gave me my first opportunity
Deskside Support Technician (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, INJanuary 7, 2014
This company has been a very good company to work for and has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge base by allowing me to operate at two different sites.
Tough place to work especially on second shift hours
PC-Configuration Technician, Contractor (Current Employee), Paulsboro, NJDecember 30, 2013
Cons: only two fifteen minutes breaks, standing for 8 hours on hard floors
Co workers seem to be the only best part of the job, not learning much. Management not great. Hard part of the job is the standing for eights hours on hard floors with little breaks in the configuration department and its a warehouse envirement not a traditional technical job.

18ga810qg5ncg9q1 – February 8, 2014

Yes I agree I worked for this location too in Paulsboro, I quit because it was a horrible experience, management was horrible, working conditions were horrible. They bury work on you and management doesn't care about you just about themselves and they tend to verbally strong arm you and lie to you to work overtime and you only get two breaks isn't this against labor laws?. Chance for advancement is slim at best, there is a very high turnover rate of exployees. 7 left prior to me leaving during my 7 months there.

Great customer service builder
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2013
Pros: customer service
Cons: long hours
This job shows you a better way of customer service. You have to deal with a diverse culture.
Very Respected Company
Desktop Infrastructure Support (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 5, 2013
Pros: very well respected company, good compensation, longer term employment, competent personnel, notable clients
Cons: compucom often hard to reach, hires through staffing agencies, company doesn't respond to most applicants
CompuCom generally hires through staffing agencies like Sullivan & Cogliano. I have benefitted with good opportunities having worked with CompuCom in the past. The company seems well respected in the IT industry and employers often select former CompuCom applicants over others. Most IT professions report difficulty in getting hired by CompuCom as they – more... seldom ever receive a response upon application for posted open positions. (I consider myself a per diem employee) – less
Daily work
Field Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TxDecember 4, 2013
Pros: take lunch and breaks when you need too.
Cons: not many
As a CompuCom field Tech you are on the road all the time which is great because riding a desk can get boring. I was given many projects and different types of jobs. You are exposed to many company's really great experience.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos