CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work enviroment
desktop support technician (Former Employee), Sharonville, OHJuly 13, 2014
Pros: users were very friendly
Cons: wish i had more notice, and maybe have started the project
This project was classified as a migration project. Once I assumed the project, there were other issues to be corrected.
After updating the manager of the project issues, I was directed on how to proceed with the continuation of the project. I had to start troubleshooting problems with user accounts and data verification. Once issues were corrected – more... and verified with the user, I started on the migration of the remaining laptops.After each user migration and the data and function,verified with user, project continued. During and after the project, I maintained an update check to manager as needed. – less
Productive and professional company
Network Special Delivery-EX (Current Employee), Virtual Office - Atlanta GA.July 11, 2014
Pros: full benefits
Great place to work. Professionals with passion/care for both their customers and employees
Lots of work, steady
CONTRACT WORK TEMPORARY (Current Employee), Plano, TX.July 10, 2014
Pros: continue to learn on job
Cons: short term - temp
Fixed issues and solved problems for Tech support, couldn't slow to learn new things, enjoyed working with group
Great opportunity and good work environment.
IT Technician (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good pay.
So far its been a good work environment with good communication. Opportunity is all I can ask for.
Excellent
Technical Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: professional environment
Cons: long distance to travel
Good work environment, good pay. new technologies to learn.
My internship was great
Network Security - IT Technician - Intern (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: nice staff, informative staff, great management
I learned a lot from this internship, I had a great time with the staff as they were very helpful and very informative and accepted questions. Management was great and there really wasn't a hard part of the job, it was great. I enjoyed working on the telepresence units inside the Cisco buildings.
Bad people
Help Desk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 25, 2014
Bad management was the problem. Answer call's and e-mail people how to fix problems.
Clean friendly enviorment
Client Assistance Admin/Software procurement/Data (Current Employee), New Berlin, WIJune 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: less parking
A typical work day consists of high volume calls and emails, resolving issues.
Excellent Work Environment
AV Team Lead, Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
GE is an incredible place to work, from the people, to the processes, and even the unexpected in-betweens.
Onsite support
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Salem, VAJune 9, 2014
Ansering calls onsite for GE engineers and staff.
Learned advanced software support.
Mangement is standard.
Co-workers were enjoyable.
Sometimes repetitive.
Finding and fixing new problems.
Easy Work but Low Pay
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 2, 2014
Pros: easy work, freedom to create your own schedule, company phone and laptop
Cons: low pay, long drives, i'm still upset about not getting any workloads when i put in my notice that i was quitting
I took this job as a "jobby job" when I left the military until I found a place that I could start a career. I needed money and they were FAST to hire (within a few hours). The job was very easy. I would drive out to my site (which could be 50mi away sometimes), find my parts and make the repair.

I learned a lot about laser printers, point of sales – more... terminals, and other retail based information technology.

Compucom provided me with all the tools that I needed for my jobs as well as a company smartphone (Galaxy S-4) and a laptop (IBM thinkpad).

I was quite upset when I did not receive any more workloads once I put in my notice that I was quitting. I wish I would have told them on my last day that I was quitting. So when you quit this place I recommend giving them notice the same day you quit!

In a nutshell, the field service job is low stress and easy. However, the pay isn't very good and you can find yourself driving quite a bit. – less
Great immediate management structure and operations
Field Technician (Current Employee), Remote Services in Southwest MisouriMay 28, 2014
Pros: personal freedom and schedule.
Cons: personal freedom and schedule, if you are not vigilant you will get lazy and get yourself in trouble
Good communications with immediate team leads and fellow remote technicians. Work load is balanced and time off is usually attainable compared to most on-call remote operations. Overtime is willingly paid without issue when necessary to achieve goals.

Current company structure is in a constant state of flux over the last few years, pay rates have been – more... cut and benefits reduced. However, company does provide a path toward advancement from within environment if that is what you are seeking, and does it's best to keep people if possible I will grant them that.

The job is not for everyone. If you are able to self-manage your time, and keep yourself motivated, then it cannot be beat. Team leads are helpful, but would rather you do your job. The better you are at keeping your notes updated and making your ETAs onsite, getting the job done, and moving on... the better for everyone.
The relationships you form with your fellow technicians and your customers will grant you a freedom unlike any other job. Start your day when you want, get your Dr appointments and errands done that you need, and get your job done in an efficient and productive manner all at the same time. – less
Terrible Temp to Perm Scam
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Foxboro Ma.May 24, 2014
Cons: use and abuse company avoid at all costs!
I started with Insite Global Temp to Perm Company that is a total scam! I Learned that they had no intention to make me a Permanent employee! They just strung me along for as long as they could. Management would just keep making excuses about why he could not make me perm. They would use intimidation,coercion,abuse, to the point of bulling to make you – more... do what they want. – less
decent
Site IT Technician (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJMay 23, 2014
decent. routed their printer to the computer at the desk. was a pretty simple task for the job. other than that, I remained on site in case of a technical issue, which never happened.
CompuCom- Promises Made that never happen.
Field Service Technician - Bayfront Medical Center (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: i did get experience in a health care environment
Cons: did not live up to expectations
CompuCom Management told me with a good work record that my contract work go permanent with in 3 months with CompuCom. Never happened. Was not given any alternatives if current contract with customer was to end.
Fast paced
Systems Intergration Engineer III (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2014
Great location full of young people with great ideas. Good technology, full of potential
Fun, productive, professional and Enjoyable
HyperCare & Windows 7 Tech (Former Employee), New brunswick, New JerseyMay 8, 2014
8:30am - 5:30pm

I learned a lot about working with bigger teams and in a more professional environment. The management was very laid back but professional. They let us focus on our work and asked us to come up with plans and ideas to better the system we worked with.
Hardest part of my job was to effectively keep the clients happy and to be accurate – more... with our decision making and fixing problems.

Most enjoyable part was the challenges that came with the job. – less
Productive and very relaxing enviroment
Service Desk Technician/ Mainframe admin/ AD (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunched, 1hr lunch, 4 day weeks
Cons: mid day hours
Working in Mainframe, Active directory, editing Knowledge articles, and helping agents with service calls. Management is really relaxing never putting to much pressure on employees.Coworkers really respectful. There is nothing hard about this job.
Daily service calls pr replacement shipping inventory
Field Service Technician/Three month contractor (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 30, 2014
Pros: working from home co. car
Cons: always on call
Daily service calls parts replacement shipping inventory.Use of company car - alway on call
Not a good working emvironment
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2014
Run calls 5 to 100 miles away...
Learned how little management cares for employee well being...
Bad management...
Co workers do their best
No recognition
Quitting

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos