CompuCom Employee Reviews

Not a great company to work with
Status Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
It was difficult to get any support from this company. Long hours with little to no reward was pretty what ended my relationship with them.
Unorganized and one too many bosses.
IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2016
Would prefer not to deal with the type of employees and employers here and one too many bosses means that certain orders are irrelevant to other bosses and they all want something done their own way.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many bosses
Horrible Managemnt High Turnover
ON SIte Tech (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 24, 2015
They use a bait switch Where they give you a contract for a short term 3 months then when you have done good work and get a contract for 1 year they drop your rate significantly even though you have done good work happy customers they drop your pay rate..

You also are required to use your own vehicle your own phone plan and they will nickel and dime you on the mileage and phone bill.

Always short change you

Poor management skills

it takes over a month before you get your first paycheck and EVERYTHING until then comes out of pocket

I would not recommend this company to anyone unless you are willing to get shortchanged or EXTREMELY DESPERATE ... Even then I would hesitate to send anyone to this pit of a company
FYI high turnover this place churns through people
Pros
NONE
Cons
Shady Management Out pofclet expenses LONG time to get reembursed
same as a above
Technical Support Analyst- UHN and LHIN (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Productive, Team Player, Self Learner, Help Others, Technical Knowledge etc

Is a Fortunate to work with a company was able to learn many thing from Company and fellow Co-worker.
Great experience
CONFIGURATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 24, 2015
I love working here but, i want to grow more in my career.Training and on-boarding new hires for various departments is great.
Excellent tech solutions provider
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Place where there's lots to do and much to grow in. Had the pleasure of working independently and in a team environment. Acquired new technical skills
Summary
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Good work environment.
Has lots of potential for beginners to grow in their field.
At times can be monotonous.
Enjoyed working with colleagues.
Competitive and fast paced
IT Support Analyst (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
- A typical day at work includes dealing with any and every issues that may and do arise
- Issues may include software, hardware, disaster recovery, projects, maintenance lifecycle
- Incredible experience working at the Toronto General Hospital, lots of fun people
- No one day is like the other
- Management does it's best
- Co-workers are very sociable
- The hardest part about the work is adjusting to unpredictable shifts
- The most enjoyable part about the work is solving users problem.
Interesting introduction into many new technologies.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2013
This is a good job to get your foot in the door and a little experience if you are beginning you IT career. I did have a bad experience with a few other employees litterally sleeping on the night shift, leaving me to do all the work which became very frustrating. After speaking with management, the issue was still not resolved, and I could not go back on day shift do to the fact I was the only bilingual French person available to work overnights. I eventually had to choose to leave due to the unfair way I was being treated.
Pros
nice office building, free coffee
Cons
disorganised (disappointing because the job itself was interesting)
Excellent Opportunity
IMACD Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Great place to work, positive learning envrionment. The most enjoyable part of my job was collebrating with other groups and expressing options on process and procedures, and having the priviledge of managing myself and the service I provided. The job became a bit more intense during an RFP, which unfortunately we did not win.
Pros
Corportate Card, Freedome to work from home.
Cons
Red Tape
great place to work
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
Great management, good education programs, supportive staff,
great benefits , places to move up, corporate setting , good work environment
average company
Senior Break Fix/Server Tech - Exxon Mobil Account (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
average company
no real room for advancement
no raises even after several years of employment
no cost of living increases

they want top tier talent for minimum wage prices
Compucom Review
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 5, 2015
- Worked for a 3-months contract
- Enjoyed the time while working in the TDSB project
- IT manager (Rabia) was awesome and supportive
Pros
excellent management
Cons
-low salary.was hoping to get hired, but that happens sometimes after spending 6 months in the company.
worse comapny to work for
First Student Canada/Greyhound Canada (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 26, 2014
I worked there for four years and no apprciation at all from management, no raises at all. no bonuses at all. awfull company to work for.
Technology consultant for a consulting firm.
Wintel Solution Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2015
Good place to work because they place you on client accounts. Each placement gives you an opportunity to learn, grow and interact with different people.
Not too bad of a working environment. Somewhat vauge in business structure. High turnover rate makes the business demanding and stressful.
HelpDesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2013
Completed all of the training and gave it the best shot I could as a Certified and Advanced Technical Support Representative.

I also worked at various different desks and the management kept changing constantly which made the policies and everything mixed up because it was confusing having to try different things to get a simple thing fixed.

The rate of Pay was low for the ammount of work and the turnover rate was high for this type of Business.

I had a lot of on the job training and received a lot of learning skills which allowed me to excel and learn new skills.

Very open office environment no room for personal growth. However I did learn to work colaberatively and in a team atmospehere.
Pros
cable tv and games in the lunch room.
Cons
high turn over rate.
nice place
Network support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJuly 4, 2015
This is nice work place. very friendly environment.
Lots of learning and support from seniors management to grow and excel.
Take care
Computer technician(intern) (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughJuly 18, 2013
Salary is pathetic. Management just want more profile, do not care about his employee. Most important, this company do not value his employee. They have very good strategy, especially in rush season, they take good advantage of CO-OP students, when CO-OP ends, they just kick them out.
A once in a life time job
Logistics administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2014
A typical day consisted of receiving products from HP such as computers, computer accessories, laptops and monitors. As well as having to use the Shell ticketing system. We also had a lot of Shell employee's come to use with minor difficulties with their hardware. Needing a new mouse, or keyboard or headset.

The best parts of the job were talking to the shell employee's and establishing an excellent report with them. Meeting new and exciting challenges daily and I enjoyed my co-workers as well
Pros
learning, working, team building, rewarded for hard work
Cons
did not allow for advancement, third party contactor, no freedom of creativity
PC Support
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  CompuCom worker Based in the West IslandMay 2, 2013
I work with a nice group of support technicians and can rely on them should I need their help in anyway. Being in the PC Support area, I greet people who come to see me with any type of computer issue and either resolve or direct them to the appropriate support group. I truly enjoy what I do on a daily basis especially when the user is up and running as quickly as possible. On the other hand should their computer system crash and no data is available to give back to them, this is the part of the job I dislike the most.
Pros
pay is excellent and so are the benefits
Cons
not having a manager in canada. he is based in the u.s.

2.8