CompuCom

CompuCom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
CompuCom is bad.
Deskside technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
CompuCom is a terrible company to work for. The management thinks it's funny to come down and threaten someone's job on a nearly daily basis, there's a constant threat of being terminated, the pay is poor for how much work you have to do and, even if the people who work there are fantastic, there's an oppressive air of fear and hatred.
Though SunCor – more... is far better, using CompuCom as an in for them isn't a bad idea. If you can tolerate the place. – less
Compucom is a growing IT company
ClientCare Support Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: flexable working hrs.
Cons: lot of travel time to work.
CompuCom is a growing IT outsourcing company; it is headed to the right direction. Working at CompuCom for over 5 years I got to meet lot of talented people and work with daily escalations and provide customer solution.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2012
Not fun place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: nice and clean place
Cons: management very bad company does not pay good.
Compucom is not a nice place to work. There management is very bad keeps employees in dark never treats them equally and properly.
Good work, wide variety of equipment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 16, 2014
Hard work goes very much unappreciated with this company. Worked hard to promote the company to clients and to make the company look good with my work performance, only to get no support when a problem arose.
A very pleseant experience
Shipping Manager / IT Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: a very professional environment.
Cons: not providing opportunity for a potential next assignment
A very unique experience, professional team and environment, willing to share and contribute with knowledge. Management always shown an excellent attitude towards the project and team members.
Good company- contracts expire without adequate notice
Desktop Support Analyst (L2 Support) (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 14, 2014
My position is being eliminated 12/31/2014. Available to relocate immediatly.
COMPANY IS NOT WATCHING YOU CLOSELY
Lead Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Billerica, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: no raises
Co-works are fun to be around -
management will get together one a week with employees.
Hours are great.
The biggest mistake one could make in life
J&J IT Level 2 Deskside Support (Current Employee), Skillman, NJDecember 10, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: will make see the finer side of actually considering to become a garbage man
Started working for them through a staffing firm with an expiring 6 month contract and at the end of contract, was offered to join compucom for "a couple of bucks extra per hour"and continue working my job. Took the offer and have been beating my head in everyday since from regret. Was told if I could prove myself and bring something to the table to – more... the existing team of techs(all full time compucom employees) then we could talk about getting me on board as a full-time compucom employee like the rest. The guy hired before me only waited 6 months to get full compucom status with benefits. I've been there over 3 years and still labeled a "temp" contractor with no paid time off, no paid holidays, no paid sickdays, no paid vacation. The compucom person assigned to me that Ican reach out to with questions told me "the type of assignment you are on does not provide any paid time off for vacations, sick days, and holidays. When told that to the supervisor that gave me this offer, he was oddly surprised like he didn't know this already. Years later since then, despite multiple talks, he seems very well informed of exactly everything that I'm not allowed to receive as a benefit and pretty knowledgeable about precisely what I do not get as a temp contractor. I held up my end of the deal and delivered bringing quiet a lot to the table. So much so that even Elizabeth Candelario-Carrera, the Senior Program Executive for CompuCom reached out to email me personally to thank me for all my hard work and dedication I've made to compucom after someone I helped support had sent out an email to all my highest level managers with extreme gratitude and detailed levels of explanation of her entire experience of being provided IT support by me like she's never experienced before in any country she's been in. I also have similar letters from a few other high level people I supported and rescued from catastrophic PC failures . My supervisor even began to remind me how good of a job I'm doing and how much he appreciates how much effort I'm putting in to do my job. After a year passed by, I asked if he can get me onboard as a full-time employee after all this hardwork I put in to prove myself. He replied by debating how there's really not much more benefits or anything far more beneficial between being a full-time employee as opposed to where I already was. Tried to downplay the idea of becoming full-time like it's almost pointless and nothing much more comes out of it than just being a temp contractor with a laugh undertone almost sso Iget the idea from my mind and forget. Then a few months later, it was because of some restrictions that were being set by upper management, he couldn't bring anybody onboard as full-time employee. He offered to pay me for 1 week vacation. Since I don't get paid for holidays, I used those vacation days to cover 5 holidays instead. I came in during severe snow days, even during the floods when cars were floating on Route 1 and it took me over 4 hours driving home. When the regular compucom employees are out on vacation or taking day off, their work got dumped on me. I always get volunteered to do anything that comes up that requires dropping everything I'm doing just to stand somewhere for atleast an hour everyday. Constant emails about status updates, ticket updates, getting training done, performing some task that got dumped on me, making sure i attached a document to some task and it never ends. Still get nothing but stories and the old run around of just never ending nonsense. Everything has been a lie and the workload keeps growing consistently. It's been over 3 years, I'm doing so much work everyday that I forget to even use the bathroom throughout the day. Not even once have I taken a 30 minute lunch break where I went to the cafeteria to just eat instead of trying to find time to eat while working at some point in the day if I'm lucky. I had a few years experience prior to this job and this was going to add to my experience as well as help me progress my career. But turned out to be the worst mistake I ever made. The workload is astronomical with deadlines tighter than shrunk spandex. I love the job and helping people solve problems.The team of techs I work with are solid techs, well experienced and function great as a team. Don't make the same mistake to fall into limbo to have to deal with the same, save yourself the headache and continue looking past this company's job listings, nothing will get sorted out within this company that will make them treat their techs with respect. – less
A great company with lots of training offered
Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: own boss
Cons: travel
The company managers work with you continuously to improve your performance in the field. There's one downside to the company, and that is the travel.
long term employees will get you fired
Computer Hardware & Networking Engineer (Former Employee), Milford, MIDecember 6, 2014
Pros: quick hire
Cons: they are a cancer to anyone not in the cirlcle
they will keep long term employees close and use new ones to fill gaps. they rip the company they work for specially General motors they don't share information to keep companies from canceling contracts they are a cancer to any organisation and the work force of america.
Miserable work environment with no chance of promotion...
Certified Computer Technician (Former Employee), Paulsboro, NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: certifications
Cons: no lunch breaks, warehouse atmosphere with micro-managers
Nothing exciting. I was working on desktops and laptops then was moved to Scan Coin where I was doing total mechanical work on the machines instead of computer troubleshooting. Management never mentioned cleaning coin machines in the interview. Management doesn't care for employees who have any type of opinion but yet they pride themselves on having – more... an open-door policy and an ear for new ideas. Management will trick you into wanting to work for them and make you feel that you can really climb the corporate latter. – less
It's a good place to work. Salary could be better.
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2014
It's a good place to work, if you are permanent. Salary could be better.Out sourcing most jobs.
Low head count work harder faster.
Not loyal to people/ bottom line all that matters.
Co-workers great
Hardest part getting all done because of low head count
Nothing enjoyable in quite a few years.
More like a Ping Pong
Field Service Tech (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free courses and certifications
Cons: no job security
A typical day is a day started with a conference call to know the pros and cons of the last day, future projects and resolve any issue. I learned a lot with this job. how to work and update SLA and ETA, fix any issue with a time manner. Investigate and diagnostic the problem, understand and identify the problem, Request for specific parts if that was – more... the case. Keep good communication with other management and tech, to help other tech with issues that I have been familiar with. – less
CompuCom
Workspace / CAR Tech (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, easy work environment
Cons: job security was not a guarantee
Typical work day on the Shell Project was checking break / fix tickets, contacting users, going to user locations to troubleshoot issues, PC repair, ticket updates. Morning safety meeting on Mon,Tue,Thu, Fri. Plant wide safety Wed afternoons. CompuCom offered free online training for job related certifications, including vouchers for the test. Management – more... was easy to talk to and mostly unseen as long as the work was done. – less
Technician
Onsite Technician (Current Employee), Portage, MINovember 16, 2014
Fast paced work environment. Daily tickets and customer service.
Great company to work for
Supervisor - Desktop Lead Analyst (Current Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 27, 2014
Manage 20 techs and depot staff across the country assisting them with escalations, technical problems, and procedure process. Interview and train new users, interface with clients and managements regarding processes, escalations, issues, and create reports for upper management.
I am a hard worker and Faithful to the Job
Billing Administrative (Current Employee), Londonderry N.H.October 27, 2014
I review calls for Home Depot and Walmart to see if they are billable, I get along with all my Co-Workers. I have to finish calls in a timely manner and love to be busy.
PC technician
TD Bank Server (Former Employee), fort mill, SCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: all jobs were contract basis and short term
• Installed scanners
• Server / Desktop Deployment
• Laptop Refreshes
• Performed PC Moves
• Assisted in new PC hardware installs
• Assisted in imaging PC’s for users
A learning environment with teamplayers.
Network Analyst/Engineer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: team meeting, lunch
Monitoring the network.
Troubleshooting network issues
Management is perfect.
Coworkers are best and fun to work with.
Working on issues blindly.
Teamworking

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more