CompuCom Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
Very Good company to work for. Benefits were good with Manulife. Most of my friends work or worked for CompuCom. I would gladly go to work for them again
Excellent tech solutions provider
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2016
Place where there's lots to do and much to grow in. Had the pleasure of working independently and in a team environment. Acquired new technical skills
Very good place to work
Storage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2016
It is a very good company with amazing clients.
Unfortunately lost contract with Suncor.

Management is very supportive.colleagues are good.
Pros
stress free
Cons
lost the contract
a stepping stone, nothing more
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  mississauga6 October 2015
a stepping stone, nothing more. there was no pay raise in the 5 years i worked there. also no career advancement. got out with my sanity, i think. that place did a number on my mental well-being...
Pros
skillsoft training courses
Cons
no one cares if you do skillsoft training courses. do them and find a better job elsewhere.
Summary
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2016
Good work environment.
Has lots of potential for beginners to grow in their field.
At times can be monotonous.
Enjoyed working with colleagues.
Competitive and fast paced
IT Support Analyst (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
- A typical day at work includes dealing with any and every issues that may and do arise
- Issues may include software, hardware, disaster recovery, projects, maintenance lifecycle
- Incredible experience working at the Toronto General Hospital, lots of fun people
- No one day is like the other
- Management does it's best
- Co-workers are very sociable
- The hardest part about the work is adjusting to unpredictable shifts
- The most enjoyable part about the work is solving users problem.
Technology consultant for a consulting firm.
Wintel Solution Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2015
Good place to work because they place you on client accounts. Each placement gives you an opportunity to learn, grow and interact with different people.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table, pool table, great view and free coffee.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2015
Very interesting place to work , with great co-worker and a good atmosphere.
Having the ability to work with cutting edge technology and learning from it is a great benefit.
Pros
pool table, free coffee, and very nice view facing the toronto island.
Cons
Very damanding and stress at times
Knowledgeable employees, clueless management
Several (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 May 2015
I have many good friends that I have made through working here. The people I worked with are consistently knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and are more than willing to share. However most of us never received a raise in over 5 years of employment. Also most managers seems to have no idea who their employees are or what they do.
Pros
Many good people who are very knowledgeable in their fields.
Cons
Clueless management, who often don't know what their employees do.
Horrible Managemnt High Turnover
ON SIte Tech (Former Employee) –  Mississauga24 June 2015
They use a bait switch Where they give you a contract for a short term 3 months then when you have done good work and get a contract for 1 year they drop your rate significantly even though you have done good work happy customers they drop your pay rate..

You also are required to use your own vehicle your own phone plan and they will nickel and dime you on the mileage and phone bill.

Always short change you

Poor management skills

it takes over a month before you get your first paycheck and EVERYTHING until then comes out of pocket

I would not recommend this company to anyone unless you are willing to get shortchanged or EXTREMELY DESPERATE ... Even then I would hesitate to send anyone to this pit of a company
FYI high turnover this place churns through people
Pros
NONE
Cons
Shady Management Out pofclet expenses LONG time to get reembursed
Great experience
CONFIGURATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 November 2015
I love working here but, i want to grow more in my career.Training and on-boarding new hires for various departments is great.
Great Company with Good Employees
Administrative Support & CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2015
I have an excellent experience working at Compucom
I enjoyed working with my team members
There are some challenges at the job which I have to manage professionally at the work.
Most part enjoyed at hydro one was that I interact with the managers of different departments. They are very approachable
prioritize and work under extreme work pressure, high work load and deadlines.
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga19 November 2014
Hard dedicated worker, efficient and get done work right away.
• Strong verbal and personal communication skills. Decision making, critical thinking.
• Interact with customer; always meet the deadlines, standards, operation support, and systems administration.
• Organization and prioritization skills. Self-confidence and a good work ethic.
• Follows all Customer Care processes and provides appropriate feedback and input on process improvement.
Pros
Department refreshment
Cons
Delay meeting
Compucom
incident management/client care (Current Employee) –  toronto, ont31 March 2015
I would prefer not to provide a review at this time. This was not a positive experience. I felt there was a lack of proper direction and many times I was pulled in multiple directions at the same time. I was a team player and did whatever was asked, but i did find this added a lot of stress
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Great flexible work environment
Manager - OPM/Contract Governance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2015
Not a clear direction in leadership, leaders are do as I say not as I do. Work environment is tough as you are usually involved with the client. Hard to keep separated from client.
A once in a life time job
Logistics administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2014
A typical day consisted of receiving products from HP such as computers, computer accessories, laptops and monitors. As well as having to use the Shell ticketing system. We also had a lot of Shell employee's come to use with minor difficulties with their hardware. Needing a new mouse, or keyboard or headset.

The best parts of the job were talking to the shell employee's and establishing an excellent report with them. Meeting new and exciting challenges daily and I enjoyed my co-workers as well
Pros
learning, working, team building, rewarded for hard work
Cons
did not allow for advancement, third party contactor, no freedom of creativity
Terrible Company (Looking forward to quiting)
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 May 2014
Management is not smart in the least employees know more then managers. Cannot even follow own baseline rules and guidelines and change them on a regular basis to benefit them. Managers constantly lie to your face and behind your back.American run company that only cares about how much money management can make.

Never get a raise or bonus unless you are a manager or sales person. Very manipulitive in many ways managers will tell you what you want to hear and than once you turn your back will stab you over and over.

This company is not a good company to work for in the least. Very high employee turnover due to the way they treat employees.
Pros
Cons
Lousy pay no raise or bonus benefits suck
Compucom - Sleezy Unprofessional management!
Suncor contract (Former Employee) –  calgary, ab26 October 2013
CompuCom has a horrible turn over rate. There is no credit to long lasting employees and very little recognition!.
The Calgary Suncor management degrade their employees and have made suggestive remarks and actions towards many of the female staff!
Very unprofessional with their behavior and actions.
Pay is also very low. Employees are in constant fear of losing their jobs. The demand is very high and the reward is very little.
Cons
bad management, low money, unprofessional, fast turnover, very little recognition
PC Support
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  CompuCom worker Based in the West Island2 May 2013
I work with a nice group of support technicians and can rely on them should I need their help in anyway. Being in the PC Support area, I greet people who come to see me with any type of computer issue and either resolve or direct them to the appropriate support group. I truly enjoy what I do on a daily basis especially when the user is up and running as quickly as possible. On the other hand should their computer system crash and no data is available to give back to them, this is the part of the job I dislike the most.
Pros
Pay is excellent and so are the benefits
Cons
Not having a manager in Canada. He is based in the U.S.
Interesting introduction into many new technologies.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2013
This is a good job to get your foot in the door and a little experience if you are beginning you IT career. I did have a bad experience with a few other employees litterally sleeping on the night shift, leaving me to do all the work which became very frustrating. After speaking with management, the issue was still not resolved, and I could not go back on day shift do to the fact I was the only bilingual French person available to work overnights. I eventually had to choose to leave due to the unfair way I was being treated.
Pros
Nice office building, free coffee
Cons
disorganised (disappointing because the job itself was interesting)

2.8