CompuCom Employee Reviews

Not happy
Service Experience 1 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2017
We had to ask for stat holidays off. They would mandate you to work them as we covered a US account.
1st they cut the attendance line then they stop using Microsoft Licenses, and then finally they started cutting staff. If the budget wasn't that well planned , why didn't they get rid of the financial officer first.
Pros
Free Tea
Cons
Long Hours
productive work opportunities
Storage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
very good experience and looking forward to join it again..
-we lost the contract
-Again I am willing to work for the same company
-very good management
It is good to be with the company, provided that we have the growth opportunities
Support Technician L1 (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2017

A typical day at work is good. It varies from client to clients.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Lacking Cohesive Vision
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 May 2017
CompuCom has had too many leadership changes and complete shakeups of their corporate structure. CompuCom does not practice effective change management internally. This is ironic, as they have a customer delivery practice that preaches the importance of change that is planned, structured and undertaken methodically.
Good workplace for starting IT career
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2017
3rd party support for several different companies. Learned Windows and administration support. Management was great. Only downfall was there was not great opportunists to advance career. Management was great and supportive. Culture was fun and had sources of entertainment such as gym room, ping pong tables and gaming.
Good place to start career
Voice support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2017
Its a good places to start a career and you can stick up for a few years.
Pay is quite less when compared to industry standards.
Work cultures is good.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
low on pay
various projects
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
Tough work with equipment removal as well as outside signage. Travel to various locations and used mobile computing to do most of work. High clearance required for computer removal from government ministries.
No 2 days were ever the same.
Senior Finance Specialist (Pricing) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
Worked hard on a flexible schedule. In responding to RFPs, effort to achieve fixed deadlines required weekend and after hours activity. Teamwork was the operative word. Worked with a group of dedicated and excellent solution developers to determine contract cost and pricing.
Pros
Excellent work relationships
Cons
Management not supportive of long hours
Avoid at all costs.
T1 Tech Support: GameStop / EB Games International (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2017
Was shown the door due to not being able to work wed-sun 6:30pm to 3:30am.

Not willing to compromise, or accommodate a home life in the slightest.

Avoid this place at all costs, leaving on bad terms will blackball you from recruiters that work with Compucom.
Pros
Its beside a convenience store?
Cons
Insane scheduling and inept management
Great Place to work
Asst. Onsite Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 March 2017
it is a great place to work and we get everything done that needs to be done everyday and all the other things that pop up in between.. Just like everyone else in the world
Great First Time Job
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
Great for recent graduates.
Bad if you are a seasoned skilled IT person.
If you like politics you belong here.
Company needs better direction.
Lots of favoritism.
Pros
some flex hours
Cons
very low pay
Productive and positive work
Desktop Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2017
Have learnt a tremendous amount of new skills, enjoy working with my peers as there is a lot of team work and support. Goals are challenging and achievable.
Beginner's start
Help Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2017
This company is truly a good place for graduates or students to work and gain their experience in many industries. You can learn a lot about applications, customer support, ticketing systems, learning to work in a call center environment.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management unqualified
Low growth opportunities
Service Experience II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2017
Management will give you more responsibilities compared to the rest of the team, but will not increase your pay. Hard to grow within the company, but the experience is great nonetheless. They understand the structure of letting go their good employees, as you are considered replaceable. You will also be micromanaged from what you do and when you come in, expect to miss a lot of breaks, and when you are late for two minutes, expect to have a reason.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Very low pay, no growth opportunities
No training deceptive management; good step stone
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
Worked there as a French/English bilingual service desk analyst and my experiences there were abysmal. The management was ineffectual, and lies to employees and clients. The facilities were good, with ample parking away from downtown Toronto. The pay was low compared to other companies, and the workload was extremely intense. Co-workers were often speaking in their native languages that were NOT english. I had some bad co-workers who tried to sabotage my work. The training was HORRENDOUS in that there was no structure. They basically simply put you on phones with other agents to see what they did on a day to day basis. Practically the other agents did not know what they were doing. I would stay clear of this company, except to learn a few things, then quit for a different company.
Pros
Good location
Cons
No training; bad deceptive management
Lots of expectations and no rewards of hard work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
To be fair, I thanked CompuCom that opened the door for me to learn many things and excel in delivering an exceptional customer experience.

I won the Service Excellence Award 2015. I have proven and exceeded the expectations. I worked for more than 3 years and based on my accomplishments, I am expecting to move to Tier 2 where I can collaborately work with the team as Knowledge Expert.

All those accomplishments ended up my relationship with the company without pay raise and promotion.

On the other hand, that experience opened up more than 3 job offers with a better pay and benefits and a very good company.

So go ahead if you are an entry level. This is the best place to gain experience and leave after 1 year. You will definitely get more salary as what my previous colleagues and I have.

Don't bother with a high turn over. Even top executives are saying goodbyes just this early January 2017.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, social politics, no career future
good place to work
A/v Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
to many middle managers
good compensation however no one received raises
good job culture
quite a bit of turnover but was good to keep high quality staff
The best place I've worked.
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2017
There is no comparison when it comes to working at Compucom. These were my best 10 years of my work career. I'd gladly say they are the best in their field.
Life Sucker
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 January 2017
If you want the life sucked out of you, then this job is for you. If you want to work hard, never get promoted, never get a raise, never get recognized, then this is also for you. Every year that I worked at this placed even with positive year end reviews; not once was a merit increase provided nor a bonus. Even being the ONLY reason why this company secured a large multi-million dollar contract with the provincial government, and promises of a raise and a promotion; I was instead met with - nothing. My boss actually hired over a dozen people all directly related to the project and hired a second-in-command who had no prior experience in this project, and tells me that there is no money left. The company pays far below company standards. The CEO makes promises and lies that protects top executives. The only "perk" of working here was working from home - which was great because I didn't have to see the faces of co-workers who were severely lacking social skills let alone proper education to form even one grammatically correct sentence...imagine using that kind of "knowledge" when dealing with clients. A truly terrible company to work for. I wish them nothing but failure.
Pros
Seriously - nothing positive to write about.
Cons
Everything, and the list is too long
Hard work with no real reward
IT Support Analyst /Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 December 2016
-client environment was good
-great coworker
- wages were below standard of living with no raise in 2 years
-did not have to deal with management directly
Pros
did not have to deal with management directly
Cons
wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8