CompuCom Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent Company
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Very Good company to work for. Benefits were good with Manulife. Most of my friends work or worked for CompuCom. I would gladly go to work for them again
a stepping stone, nothing more
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  mississaugaOctober 6, 2015
a stepping stone, nothing more. there was no pay raise in the 5 years i worked there. also no career advancement. got out with my sanity, i think. that place did a number on my mental well-being...
Pros
skillsoft training courses
Cons
no one cares if you do skillsoft training courses. do them and find a better job elsewhere.
great work environment great management
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2016
Working day at CompuCom consist of reviewing call and task to be done. Calling customers and setup appointments to make sure we meet the SLA. In addition we are oncall for any afterhours call.

My job as a field tech taught me how to manage my time, how to handle time sensitive tasks and stressful situations.

Great management, they appreciate their employees, they support and encourage individual development.

People that work for the organization (Co-workers) are very professional, they share their expertise and help each other to ensure the success of task.

The job is diverse. We deal with multitude of customers with unique work environments and contract requirements (time, type of work).

The most challenging part is trying to meet the SLA when the man power is not available. Best part of the job is the customers themselves, as interacting with them and solving their issues is most rewarding.
Pros
appreciation, and personal development
Amazing
Team Lead Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 5, 2016
working for a major oil and gas company
-great people to work with
-pay was really good
-depending on the department- work life balance was excellent
-the building has a gym, a big cafeteria with a lot of options (head office calgary)
-meeting other students from other provinces
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Gym
Cons
Cold, winter gets below 50. not able to leave site. same food every week.
Knowledgeable employees, clueless management
Several (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 25, 2015
I have many good friends that I have made through working here. The people I worked with are consistently knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and are more than willing to share. However most of us never received a raise in over 5 years of employment. Also most managers seems to have no idea who their employees are or what they do.
Pros
Many good people who are very knowledgeable in their fields.
Cons
Clueless management, who often don't know what their employees do.
Fun place to work
IT Field Technician (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2016
I spent about 4 months working as a IT field support contractor for CompuCom. I spent the majority of my time on client sites and travelling across Alberta on support calls. Management was great and co-workers were even better. Most enjoyable part of the job was the vast diversity in work. From 1 days jobs to 3 week gigs and never knowing what the week might bring.
Pros
Travel, freedom, trust they place in you
Cons
job security
Employee friendly
Problem & Incident Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2015
I have worked at the Incident/Problem/Change coordinator position at Suncor Energy with Compucom for 20 months.
Although I was a contractor, Compucom's partnership with Suncor made the work environment truly employee friendly. All my co-workers (Compucom & Suncor) were respectful and always ready to assist. The Compucom Management provided tools and knowledge which enabled employees to provide input in the Suncor directed processes.
Overall I had fun time working with Compucom at Suncor account.
Pros
Flexible hours to accommodate employee time-off
Cons
Unavailability of certification cost coverage
Nice place to work with decent knowledge to gather. Work mates are really friendly.
Configuration Tech (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
It's a nice place to start your career. You can gather technical skills which will help you in future prospective. Management are decent with lots of improvement still needed. Co-workers are really friendly and helpful. Daily basis performance review gives a clear idea about your strength. All in all quite enjoyable place to work.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
I have contracted with CompuCom for five months and found the work and life balance to be very well.

Learned how to write .bat file for installing software via command prompt.

Found management to be friendly and fair

Co-workers on my team were well educated

Most enjoyable part of the job was being left to take care of business without interference.
Pros
Management is well balanced
Cons
I wish the contracts were longer
An OK place to work. Coworkers are average
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 20, 2016
There is good flexibility working with Compucom in Scarborough, Ontario. But the pay is very cheap. I have been with the company for over 2 years and havent gotten a pay increase. There are guys in my department all of whom have 5-25 years with the company and they say pay increase is little next to nothing.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Wages
brutal pay with no raises for years
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  markham ontMay 21, 2016
just brutal company pay is barely above minimum with no chance for advancement, all profits stay at the top management. good thing though is you dont need to be A+ certified (even-though they sell this to there clients) they look other way lol
Pros
no certs needed
Cons
terrible pay and no raise
Great opportunity and good work environment.
Technical Support (Tier 2) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2016
Compucom is a solid experience for new tech's entering the IT industry and a good work environment with good communication. Opportunity is all I can ask for.
Pros
Good benefit options.
Cons
Slow pay increase's
Great learning place about technology
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 1, 2016
- Dealt with several computers a day cleaning, installing drivers and cataloging all computers given
- Repaired broken units by replacing and cleaning there parts
- Replaced batteries and other parts in large computing units such as Servers
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
only allowed small amount of jobs
pretty Good
System support technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Good team , learned a lot in new devices such as WISE , helpful management and seniors, great company and environment to work for
Pros
working for 6 hospitals
Cons
3 months contract only
Amazing job that I enjoy coming to every day.
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 21, 2016
This workplace is both fun and challenging. It makes me want to be the best that I can and I enjoy every moment I am here. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Terrible Company (Looking forward to quiting)
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 28, 2014
Management is not smart in the least employees know more then managers. Cannot even follow own baseline rules and guidelines and change them on a regular basis to benefit them. Managers constantly lie to your face and behind your back.American run company that only cares about how much money management can make.

Never get a raise or bonus unless you are a manager or sales person. Very manipulitive in many ways managers will tell you what you want to hear and than once you turn your back will stab you over and over.

This company is not a good company to work for in the least. Very high employee turnover due to the way they treat employees.
Cons
lousy pay no raise or bonus benefits suck
Nice to try for a start in Canada, Nice people and nice place
Bilingual Operation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
People are nice but no advancement in salaries and the work is not very challenging. Good environment to work in a routine basis...
Great Co-Workers
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONMay 8, 2016
I've seen many bad reviews about this company but my experience has been totally positive. I've advanced twice since I started. You need to have a positive attitude and work smart!
Unorganized and one too many bosses.
IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2016
Would prefer not to deal with the type of employees and employers here and one too many bosses means that certain orders are irrelevant to other bosses and they all want something done their own way.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many bosses
great place to work
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
Great management, good education programs, supportive staff,
great benefits , places to move up, corporate setting , good work environment

2.8