CompuCom Employee Reviews

brutal pay with no raises for years
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  markham ont21 May 2016
just brutal company pay is barely above minimum with no chance for advancement, all profits stay at the top management. good thing though is you dont need to be A+ certified (even-though they sell this to there clients) they look other way lol
Pros
no certs needed
Cons
terrible pay and no raise
OK starting point
Field Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2016
OK to start but no real incentive to stay, no loyalty.
Increases after 8 years were 1 or 1.5 percent.
Treat you as if you are fortunate to have a job and are always harping on certification advancement and upkeep.
No management communication from immediate superiors, try to placate employees with continued upper management mission statements.
Pros
temporary job
Cons
little opportunity to grow
Fun place to work
IT Field Technician (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
I spent about 4 months working as a IT field support contractor for CompuCom. I spent the majority of my time on client sites and travelling across Alberta on support calls. Management was great and co-workers were even better. Most enjoyable part of the job was the vast diversity in work. From 1 days jobs to 3 week gigs and never knowing what the week might bring.
Pros
Travel, freedom, trust they place in you
Cons
job security
great work environment great management
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 July 2016
Working day at CompuCom consist of reviewing call and task to be done. Calling customers and setup appointments to make sure we meet the SLA. In addition we are oncall for any afterhours call.

My job as a field tech taught me how to manage my time, how to handle time sensitive tasks and stressful situations.

Great management, they appreciate their employees, they support and encourage individual development.

People that work for the organization (Co-workers) are very professional, they share their expertise and help each other to ensure the success of task.

The job is diverse. We deal with multitude of customers with unique work environments and contract requirements (time, type of work).

The most challenging part is trying to meet the SLA when the man power is not available. Best part of the job is the customers themselves, as interacting with them and solving their issues is most rewarding.
Pros
appreciation, and personal development
Excellent Company
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
Very Good company to work for. Benefits were good with Manulife. Most of my friends work or worked for CompuCom. I would gladly go to work for them again
Nice place to work with decent knowledge to gather. Work mates are really friendly.
Configuration Tech (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
It's a nice place to start your career. You can gather technical skills which will help you in future prospective. Management are decent with lots of improvement still needed. Co-workers are really friendly and helpful. Daily basis performance review gives a clear idea about your strength. All in all quite enjoyable place to work.
Only dealt with meeting rooms
Customer Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2016
The team consisted of seven people, three sat on the desk taking calls and the other four went to the meeting rooms. There was a different team that actually supported the IT needs of the company and there was no intermixing between the teams, nor room for any sort of movement. The job was eventually transferred to a different Compucom office in Mississauga.
Pros
Small close nit team
Cons
Job moved to Mississauga
An OK place to work. Coworkers are average
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 May 2016
There is good flexibility working with Compucom in Scarborough, Ontario. But the pay is very cheap. I have been with the company for over 2 years and havent gotten a pay increase. There are guys in my department all of whom have 5-25 years with the company and they say pay increase is little next to nothing.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Wages
a stepping stone, nothing more
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  mississauga6 October 2015
a stepping stone, nothing more. there was no pay raise in the 5 years i worked there. also no career advancement. got out with my sanity, i think. that place did a number on my mental well-being...
Pros
skillsoft training courses
Cons
no one cares if you do skillsoft training courses. do them and find a better job elsewhere.
Amazing
Team Lead Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2016
working for a major oil and gas company
-great people to work with
-pay was really good
-depending on the department- work life balance was excellent
-the building has a gym, a big cafeteria with a lot of options (head office calgary)
-meeting other students from other provinces
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Gym
Cons
Cold, winter gets below 50. not able to leave site. same food every week.
Knowledgeable employees, clueless management
Several (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 May 2015
I have many good friends that I have made through working here. The people I worked with are consistently knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and are more than willing to share. However most of us never received a raise in over 5 years of employment. Also most managers seems to have no idea who their employees are or what they do.
Pros
Many good people who are very knowledgeable in their fields.
Cons
Clueless management, who often don't know what their employees do.
Terrible Company (Looking forward to quiting)
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 May 2014
Management is not smart in the least employees know more then managers. Cannot even follow own baseline rules and guidelines and change them on a regular basis to benefit them. Managers constantly lie to your face and behind your back.American run company that only cares about how much money management can make.

Never get a raise or bonus unless you are a manager or sales person. Very manipulitive in many ways managers will tell you what you want to hear and than once you turn your back will stab you over and over.

This company is not a good company to work for in the least. Very high employee turnover due to the way they treat employees.
Pros
Cons
Lousy pay no raise or bonus benefits suck
Great opportunity and good work environment.
Technical Support (Tier 2) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2016
Compucom is a solid experience for new tech's entering the IT industry and a good work environment with good communication. Opportunity is all I can ask for.
Pros
Good benefit options.
Cons
Slow pay increase's
Nice to try for a start in Canada, Nice people and nice place
Bilingual Operation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
People are nice but no advancement in salaries and the work is not very challenging. Good environment to work in a routine basis...
Not a great company to work with
Status Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
It was difficult to get any support from this company. Long hours with little to no reward was pretty what ended my relationship with them.
Amazing job that I enjoy coming to every day.
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
This workplace is both fun and challenging. It makes me want to be the best that I can and I enjoy every moment I am here. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Employee friendly
Problem & Incident Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2015
I have worked at the Incident/Problem/Change coordinator position at Suncor Energy with Compucom for 20 months.
Although I was a contractor, Compucom's partnership with Suncor made the work environment truly employee friendly. All my co-workers (Compucom & Suncor) were respectful and always ready to assist. The Compucom Management provided tools and knowledge which enabled employees to provide input in the Suncor directed processes.
Overall I had fun time working with Compucom at Suncor account.
Pros
Flexible hours to accommodate employee time-off
Cons
Unavailability of certification cost coverage
PC Support
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  CompuCom worker Based in the West Island2 May 2013
I work with a nice group of support technicians and can rely on them should I need their help in anyway. Being in the PC Support area, I greet people who come to see me with any type of computer issue and either resolve or direct them to the appropriate support group. I truly enjoy what I do on a daily basis especially when the user is up and running as quickly as possible. On the other hand should their computer system crash and no data is available to give back to them, this is the part of the job I dislike the most.
Pros
Pay is excellent and so are the benefits
Cons
Not having a manager in Canada. He is based in the U.S.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
I have contracted with CompuCom for five months and found the work and life balance to be very well.

Learned how to write .bat file for installing software via command prompt.

Found management to be friendly and fair

Co-workers on my team were well educated

Most enjoyable part of the job was being left to take care of business without interference.
Pros
Management is well balanced
Cons
I wish the contracts were longer
Great Co-Workers
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON8 May 2016
I've seen many bad reviews about this company but my experience has been totally positive. I've advanced twice since I started. You need to have a positive attitude and work smart!

2.8