CompuCom

CompuCom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Got to learn alot about new things in my field
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2015
• Managed Incoming emails from staff, followed up with staff and fixed their any issues or concerns.
• Provided support to CAMH staff through phone, assisted them with their issues through the help of knowledge base articles.
• Responsible for managing and creating AD accounts through active directory, Email accounts through exchange for staff at CAMH.
• Managed Shared folder permissions on Network Shared drive for staff at CAMH
• Supported Health related applications such as Cerner, Power chart. Support included first level troubleshooting and resolution.
• Responsible for Mobile Devices Activations through BES5, BES10 and ActiveSync
• Ensured that all calls are logged and updated with clear concise information in Service now ticketing System, aiming for first call resolution at first point of contact
• Assisting staff MS outlook issues. Experienced in dealing with issues related with MS outlook 2003-2013.
• Contributed fixes and solutions for issues and problems to knowledge base.
Not too bad of a working environment. Somewhat vauge in business structure. High turnover rate makes the business demanding and stressful.
HelpDesk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: cable tv and games in the lunch room.
Cons: high turn over rate.
Completed all of the training and gave it the best shot I could as a Certified and Advanced Technical Support Representative.

I also worked at various different desks and the management kept changing constantly which made the policies and everything mixed up because it was confusing having to try different things to get a simple thing fixed.

The rate of Pay was low for the ammount of work and the turnover rate was high for this type of Business.

I had a lot of on the job training and received a lot of learning skills which allowed me to excel and learn new skills.

Very open office environment no room for personal growth. However I did learn to work colaberatively and in a team atmospehere.
Horrible Managemnt High Turnover
ON SIte Tech (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 24, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Shady Management Out pofclet expenses LONG time to get reembursed
They use a bait switch Where they give you a contract for a short term 3 months then when you have done good work and get a contract for 1 year they drop your rate significantly even though you have done good work happy customers they drop your pay rate..

You also are required to use your own vehicle your own phone plan and they will nickel and dime you on the mileage and phone bill.

Always short change you

Poor management skills

it takes over a month before you get your first paycheck and EVERYTHING until then comes out of pocket

I would not recommend this company to anyone unless you are willing to get shortchanged or EXTREMELY DESPERATE ... Even then I would hesitate to send anyone to this pit of a company
FYI high turnover this place churns through people
Terrible Company (Looking forward to quiting)
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 28, 2014
Cons: lousy pay no raise or bonus benefits suck
Management is not smart in the least employees know more then managers. Cannot even follow own baseline rules and guidelines and change them on a regular basis to benefit them. Managers constantly lie to your face and behind your back.American run company that only cares about how much money management can make.

Never get a raise or bonus unless you are a manager or sales person. Very manipulitive in many ways managers will tell you what you want to hear and than once you turn your back will stab you over and over.

This company is not a good company to work for in the least. Very high employee turnover due to the way they treat employees.
IT Field Specialist
IT Field Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
Warranty Services: Commercial SMB, problem determination, onsite support, parts logistics and exchange
 Working with ticketing application I had to troubleshoot IT equipment in schools
 Dispatch Break/Fix Services for desktops, laptops, netbooks and peripherals
 In charge with IMACs (installs, moves, adds and changes) on a daily basis. New Equipment preparation,
hardware setup & installation, disk formatting & cleaning, install boards, memory & peripherals, network setup
& connections, disassembly & reconfiguration
 Installed new OS, software & drivers which were usually predefined images
 Upgrading hardware or software and scaling systems for expansion
 Backups and Recovery – Including strategies that fit the realities of the business and help maximize uptime
and protect data
Interesting introduction into many new technologies.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2013
Pros: nice office building, free coffee
Cons: disorganised (disappointing because the job itself was interesting)
This is a good job to get your foot in the door and a little experience if you are beginning you IT career. I did have a bad experience with a few other employees litterally sleeping on the night shift, leaving me to do all the work which became very frustrating. After speaking with management, the issue was still not resolved, and I could not go back on day shift do to the fact I was the only bilingual French person available to work overnights. I eventually had to choose to leave due to the unfair way I was being treated.
PC Support
Client Specialist (Former Employee), CompuCom worker Based in the West IslandMay 2, 2013
Pros: pay is excellent and so are the benefits
Cons: not having a manager in canada. he is based in the u.s.
I work with a nice group of support technicians and can rely on them should I need their help in anyway. Being in the PC Support area, I greet people who come to see me with any type of computer issue and either resolve or direct them to the appropriate support group. I truly enjoy what I do on a daily basis especially when the user is up and running as quickly as possible. On the other hand should their computer system crash and no data is available to give back to them, this is the part of the job I dislike the most.
Competitive and fast paced
IT Support Analyst (Full-Time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
- A typical day at work includes dealing with any and every issues that may and do arise
- Issues may include software, hardware, disaster recovery, projects, maintenance lifecycle
- Incredible experience working at the Toronto General Hospital, lots of fun people
- No one day is like the other
- Management does it's best
- Co-workers are very sociable
- The hardest part about the work is adjusting to unpredictable shifts
- The most enjoyable part about the work is solving users problem.
CompuCom is bad.
Deskside technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
CompuCom is a terrible company to work for. The management thinks it's funny to come down and threaten someone's job on a nearly daily basis, there's a constant threat of being terminated, the pay is poor for how much work you have to do and, even if the people who work there are fantastic, there's an oppressive air of fear and hatred.
Though SunCor is far better, using CompuCom as an in for them isn't a bad idea. If you can tolerate the place.
prioritize and work under extreme work pressure, high work load and deadlines.
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), MississaugaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: department refreshment
Cons: delay meeting
Hard dedicated worker, efficient and get done work right away.
• Strong verbal and personal communication skills. Decision making, critical thinking.
• Interact with customer; always meet the deadlines, standards, operation support, and systems administration.
• Organization and prioritization skills. Self-confidence and a good work ethic.
• Follows all Customer Care processes and provides appropriate feedback and input on process improvement.
Horrible place to work
Incident Problem Change Management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 4, 2013
Pros: large learning library
Cons: horrible management.
Very low pay.
Senior management grinds the work out of each employee by under-staffing projects. They compensate for this by intimidating staff to work through breaks and to stay after their scheduled shifts end. Anyone that spoke up was reassigned and let go within weeks of voicing an opinion held by everyone. I personally witnessed this happen multiple times.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Management is well balanced
Cons: I wish the contracts were longer
I have contracted with CompuCom for five months and found the work and life balance to be very well.

Learned how to write .bat file for installing software via command prompt.

Found management to be friendly and fair

Co-workers on my team were well educated

Most enjoyable part of the job was being left to take care of business without interference.
Knowledgeable employees, clueless management
Several (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 25, 2015
Pros: Many good people who are very knowledgeable in their fields.
Cons: Clueless management, who often don't know what their employees do.
I have many good friends that I have made through working here. The people I worked with are consistently knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and are more than willing to share. However most of us never received a raise in over 5 years of employment. Also most managers seems to have no idea who their employees are or what they do.
Excellent Opportunity
IMACD Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Corportate Card, Freedome to work from home.
Cons: Red Tape
Great place to work, positive learning envrionment. The most enjoyable part of my job was collebrating with other groups and expressing options on process and procedures, and having the priviledge of managing myself and the service I provided. The job became a bit more intense during an RFP, which unfortunately we did not win.
Compucom - Sleezy Unprofessional management!
Suncor contract (Former Employee), calgary, abOctober 26, 2013
Cons: bad management, low money, unprofessional, fast turnover, very little recognition
CompuCom has a horrible turn over rate. There is no credit to long lasting employees and very little recognition!.
The Calgary Suncor management degrade their employees and have made suggestive remarks and actions towards many of the female staff!
Very unprofessional with their behavior and actions.
Pay is also very low. Employees are in constant fear of losing their jobs. The demand is very high and the reward is very little.
Surreal,different Technologies,diversity and versatility.
Level 1 Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga CanadaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: work reviews that keeps people on toes hence productivity
Cons: too many teams under one roof
Surreal productive with diversity and fun workplace.
Very understanding management and sensitive to employees needs
Incredible team ready to help whenever need arises
Is when am leaving for the day
Using different Technologies
a stepping stone, nothing more
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee), mississaugaOctober 6, 2015
Pros: skillsoft training courses
Cons: no one cares if you do skillsoft training courses. do them and find a better job elsewhere.
a stepping stone, nothing more. there was no pay raise in the 5 years i worked there. also no career advancement. got out with my sanity, i think. that place did a number on my mental well-being...
Compucom
incident management/client care (Current Employee), toronto, ontMarch 31, 2015
Pros: not applicable
Cons: not applicable
I would prefer not to provide a review at this time. This was not a positive experience. I felt there was a lack of proper direction and many times I was pulled in multiple directions at the same time. I was a team player and did whatever was asked, but i did find this added a lot of stress
It is a serious environment and Suncor is one of the most dificult client.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2014
I worked for this company for few months. Good experience with management and job duties.
A typical day at work was to make daily updates, set up, edit, maintain, and close projects.
Great people and a great company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table, pool table, great view and free coffee.
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: pool table, free coffee, and very nice view facing the toronto island.
Cons: Very damanding and stress at times
Very interesting place to work , with great co-worker and a good atmosphere.
Having the ability to work with cutting edge technology and learning from it is a great benefit.
Headquarters