CompuCom Employee Reviews

No training deceptive management; good step stone
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
Worked there as a French/English bilingual service desk analyst and my experiences there were abysmal. The management was ineffectual, and lies to employees and clients. The facilities were good, with ample parking away from downtown Toronto. The pay was low compared to other companies, and the workload was extremely intense. Co-workers were often speaking in their native languages that were NOT english. I had some bad co-workers who tried to sabotage my work. The training was HORRENDOUS in that there was no structure. They basically simply put you on phones with other agents to see what they did on a day to day basis. Practically the other agents did not know what they were doing. I would stay clear of this company, except to learn a few things, then quit for a different company.
Pros
Good location
Cons
No training; bad deceptive management
Lots of expectations and no rewards of hard work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
To be fair, I thanked CompuCom that opened the door for me to learn many things and excel in delivering an exceptional customer experience.

I won the Service Excellence Award 2015. I have proven and exceeded the expectations. I worked for more than 3 years and based on my accomplishments, I am expecting to move to Tier 2 where I can collaborately work with the team as Knowledge Expert.

All those accomplishments ended up my relationship with the company without pay raise and promotion.

On the other hand, that experience opened up more than 3 job offers with a better pay and benefits and a very good company.

So go ahead if you are an entry level. This is the best place to gain experience and leave after 1 year. You will definitely get more salary as what my previous colleagues and I have.

Don't bother with a high turn over. Even top executives are saying goodbyes just this early January 2017.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, social politics, no career future
good place to work
A/v Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
to many middle managers
good compensation however no one received raises
good job culture
quite a bit of turnover but was good to keep high quality staff
The best place I've worked.
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2017
There is no comparison when it comes to working at Compucom. These were my best 10 years of my work career. I'd gladly say they are the best in their field.
Life Sucker
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 January 2017
If you want the life sucked out of you, then this job is for you. If you want to work hard, never get promoted, never get a raise, never get recognized, then this is also for you. Every year that I worked at this placed even with positive year end reviews; not once was a merit increase provided nor a bonus. Even being the ONLY reason why this company secured a large multi-million dollar contract with the provincial government, and promises of a raise and a promotion; I was instead met with - nothing. My boss actually hired over a dozen people all directly related to the project and hired a second-in-command who had no prior experience in this project, and tells me that there is no money left. The company pays far below company standards. The CEO makes promises and lies that protects top executives. The only "perk" of working here was working from home - which was great because I didn't have to see the faces of co-workers who were severely lacking social skills let alone proper education to form even one grammatically correct sentence...imagine using that kind of "knowledge" when dealing with clients. A truly terrible company to work for. I wish them nothing but failure.
Pros
Seriously - nothing positive to write about.
Cons
Everything, and the list is too long
Hard work with no real reward
IT Support Analyst /Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 December 2016
-client environment was good
-great coworker
- wages were below standard of living with no raise in 2 years
-did not have to deal with management directly
Pros
did not have to deal with management directly
Cons
wages
It is best and fast growing company in Canada
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2016
CompuCom have a purpose — a mission — that everyone understands. Even better, every employee can tell you the role he or she plays in achieving that purpose.
Great workplace to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
-Shown up on time, Prepared for constant meeting.
-Learn new technologies.
-Great management and easy to deal with and understanding.
-Excellent co-workers were able to share knowledge.
-Misunderstanding.
-To work with great company and able to provide my knowledge.
Only dealt with meeting rooms
Customer Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2016
The team consisted of seven people, three sat on the desk taking calls and the other four went to the meeting rooms. There was a different team that actually supported the IT needs of the company and there was no intermixing between the teams, nor room for any sort of movement. The job was eventually transferred to a different Compucom office in Mississauga.
Pros
Small close nit team
Cons
Job moved to Mississauga
OK starting point
Field Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2016
OK to start but no real incentive to stay, no loyalty.
Increases after 8 years were 1 or 1.5 percent.
Treat you as if you are fortunate to have a job and are always harping on certification advancement and upkeep.
No management communication from immediate superiors, try to placate employees with continued upper management mission statements.
Pros
temporary job
Cons
little opportunity to grow
great work environment great management
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 July 2016
Working day at CompuCom consist of reviewing call and task to be done. Calling customers and setup appointments to make sure we meet the SLA. In addition we are oncall for any afterhours call.

My job as a field tech taught me how to manage my time, how to handle time sensitive tasks and stressful situations.

Great management, they appreciate their employees, they support and encourage individual development.

People that work for the organization (Co-workers) are very professional, they share their expertise and help each other to ensure the success of task.

The job is diverse. We deal with multitude of customers with unique work environments and contract requirements (time, type of work).

The most challenging part is trying to meet the SLA when the man power is not available. Best part of the job is the customers themselves, as interacting with them and solving their issues is most rewarding.
Pros
appreciation, and personal development
Fun place to work
IT Field Technician (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
I spent about 4 months working as a IT field support contractor for CompuCom. I spent the majority of my time on client sites and travelling across Alberta on support calls. Management was great and co-workers were even better. Most enjoyable part of the job was the vast diversity in work. From 1 days jobs to 3 week gigs and never knowing what the week might bring.
Pros
Travel, freedom, trust they place in you
Cons
job security
Great opportunity and good work environment.
Technical Support (Tier 2) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2016
Compucom is a solid experience for new tech's entering the IT industry and a good work environment with good communication. Opportunity is all I can ask for.
Pros
Good benefit options.
Cons
Slow pay increase's
Amazing job that I enjoy coming to every day.
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
This workplace is both fun and challenging. It makes me want to be the best that I can and I enjoy every moment I am here. I would recommend this job to anyone.
brutal pay with no raises for years
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  markham ont21 May 2016
just brutal company pay is barely above minimum with no chance for advancement, all profits stay at the top management. good thing though is you dont need to be A+ certified (even-though they sell this to there clients) they look other way lol
Pros
no certs needed
Cons
terrible pay and no raise
An OK place to work. Coworkers are average
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 May 2016
There is good flexibility working with Compucom in Scarborough, Ontario. But the pay is very cheap. I have been with the company for over 2 years and havent gotten a pay increase. There are guys in my department all of whom have 5-25 years with the company and they say pay increase is little next to nothing.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Wages
Nice place to work with decent knowledge to gather. Work mates are really friendly.
Configuration Tech (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
It's a nice place to start your career. You can gather technical skills which will help you in future prospective. Management are decent with lots of improvement still needed. Co-workers are really friendly and helpful. Daily basis performance review gives a clear idea about your strength. All in all quite enjoyable place to work.
Great Co-Workers
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON8 May 2016
I've seen many bad reviews about this company but my experience has been totally positive. I've advanced twice since I started. You need to have a positive attitude and work smart!
Nice to try for a start in Canada, Nice people and nice place
Bilingual Operation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
People are nice but no advancement in salaries and the work is not very challenging. Good environment to work in a routine basis...
Not a great company to work with
Status Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
It was difficult to get any support from this company. Long hours with little to no reward was pretty what ended my relationship with them.

2.8