What does working at CompuVision mean?
Employees at CompuVision are valued for their creative initiative. Our work culture is embedded with a cohesive and collaborative approach, where employees are encouraged to use their talents to assist clients, plan strategy, and work together to create successful end products. We value autonomy and freedom and always take the time to celebrate and reward great work.
Why work for CompuVision?
Our employees are what make CompuVision so successful. We are innovative, creative, and strategic professionals who believe that work and life should be balanced. The work we do is complex, creative, and rewarding, with endless opportunities for growth within the company. With offices in different locations, those with the desire to travel and work in a different city have that opportunity with CompuVision.
CompuVision wants to acquire and retain the best talent in the field. To do this, we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and generous vacation entitlements. We also make your work-life balance a priority. We entrust our employees to set their own goals and work independently and this trust lends to a friendly, respectful, and strong corporate culture where like-minded team members come together to work collaboratively.
CompuVision attracts those with the desire and drive to become the best in their field; our staff like what they do, and who they do it with.
CompuVision is currently looking for a full-time Financial Controller to be responsible for managing the activities and responsibilities of the finance and accounting team. The Controller is also responsible for overseeing general accounting, A/R, A/P, month/year end, forecasting, reporting, payroll and assisting with strategic planning.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Ensure credibility of the Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, daily activities and forecasts
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive accounting system
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provide accurate reports and metrics to management on the status and performance of customer accounts
- Manage and maintain processes and systems for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Manage the general ledger accounts
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Manage the accounting system to ensure consistency, accurate entry, and accurate reporting of all accounts
- Review all accounts payable batches and monthly reports for validity, accuracy, and completeness and releasing the batches for payment
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
- Process payroll, employee time and expense reports
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Ensure consistency of existing accounting systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries with billing and invoicing
- Investigate and resolve issues with payroll
- Communicate escalated issues to customers: keeping them informed of their account in regards to billing and invoicing
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor those with less experience
- Develop training programs to develop and refine the skills of the finance and accounting team
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- At least 3-5 years previous work experience working for a mid-sized, international company in a similar capacity
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent area
- CA, CPA or equivalent
- Strong understanding of IT
- Firm understanding of GAAP
- Proficient working with QuickBooks accounting software
- The ability and desire to learn technology
- Excellent oral and written communication: ability to communicate information and ideas in speech and writing so that others will understand
- Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to actively listen: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to follow directions well
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to relate to clients in a meaningful way – “having a unique personal touch”
- Commitment to company values
Apply directly at: www.compuvision.biz/careers
CompuVision is the leading IT firm in the Tri-Counties. We provide a wealth of IT and Voice solutions for the SMB to Enterprise market. Our...