QA Analyst FX
The primary purpose of this role is to provide expertise in QA testing across the FX Technology work streams.
The candidate will assist the QA lead to test new and existing software in order to ensure requirements are met. The position will be responsible for the creation and execution of test cases based on business requirements to ensure they are occuring according to the plan
The candidate will support incremental and iterative development using lean/agile techniques.
Key skills: .NET, WPF, GUI automation experience (building framework and scripts), manual testing, FX business knowledge, JIRA
- Act as a QA representative on complex application development or maintenance projects
- Participate in release meetings for maintenance and development projects ensuring all platform requirements are met
- Analyze project or requirement documents to identify test requirements
- Walkthrough the QA Test Cases and the QA Test Plan with the project team prior to execution
- Execute test cases
- Coordinate/Document actual test results and responsible for the end-to-end tracking of all issues found
- Walk through the QA Test Reults with the project team and communicate status to project leaders
- Use defined/new methodologies and software to test new technologies/system functionality of moderate to difficukl complexity to ensure business accpetance and system integration
- Automation and manual testing
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK
- Advises on key design and implementation decisions within FX Pricing, Trading and Risk Technology
- Supports and mentors more junior team members and offshore members
- Assist in determining and designing automated solutions
- Position reports to QA Manager
- Functional management of local / global development teams
- Partner with appropriate leads from the front office
- Development teams
EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience of GUI Automation in Financial organisations essential (framework design, implementation and scripting)
- Experience of technologies used within FX Trading
- Lean/Agile techniques
- Manual testing
- Experience of .NET and WPF technologies
- Degree educated
- FIX and Verifix
- High pressure, fast paced and demading enviroment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities effectively.
- Effectively function within a highly matrixed, global team (London, New York, Toronto)
- Flexibilty to quickly adjust to changes in a dynamic enviroment.
- Ability to meet client needs without sacrificing deadlines and quality
- Ability to break problems into well-defined and manageable tasks
- Ability to work effectively within global team
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to liaise with traders and IT
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to cope with changing priorities
- Takes accountability for own work
- Aligns immediate needs with long-term strategies
- Perform test analysis, test execution, defect tracking and reporting
- Different project methodologies: iterative methodologies like RUP and traditional waterfall approach
- Automated testing (QTP, Eggplant)
- Relevant Tools knowledge (Quality Centre, JIRA, Visio)
- IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM & audit requirements
Compu-Source has depth and experience in the recruitment industry. Our executive group has been successful in the recruitment business since...