Compressor Controls Corporation

Compressor Controls Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse employees and clients
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: very much a team culture.
Cons: supporting so many different execs.
This company is an international company so has many different cultural aspects. A typical day included maintaining executive calendars, updating projects, research and making travel arrangements. The hardest part of the job was supporting the president and several VPs. The most interesting part was communicating with so many different countries and cultures.
Great small company atmosphere
Final Test Technician (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 3, 2015
Typical day was spent testing, building, and repairing circuit cards for compressor controls. Co-workers were very supportive, and upward mobility was excellent.
Great company to work for!
Product Manager (Current Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 23, 2014
Very professional and intelligence people. International, stable company with good reputation. Pleasure to work here!
Challenging and interesting work enviornment
Global Communications Leader (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2013
Pros: diverse culture, encourages professional development, flexible work hours, great benefits
Cons: high turnover rate, disjointed between offices
CCC was an interesting place to work. With our headquarters in Des Moines, IA and the core of our business in the Houston office, we faced a bit of tension between the two offices. As we established new – more... procedures, new branding, messaging and culture, resistance to change was a challenge that we faced often. This did enable me to practice and further improve upon my conflict resolution and people skills in order to get things completed.

I enjoyed the very diverse culture at CCC. I had the pleasure of working with teams across the globe, develop marketing strategies that would resonate with clients in their specific area. Learning the nuances of different business customs in each region, and the various personalities of the sales team, engineers or subject matter experts that I worked with was challenging, enjoyable and very rewarding.

During my time at here, I was fortunate to have a manager and a Leadership team that valued employees as professionals. Resources were made available and employees were encouraged to develop new skills in our careers as well as developing personal skills as well. I was able to develop graphic design skills and design marketing brochures and tradeshow graphics.

I was able to be both analytical and creative within this position, work with a wide variety of cultures and people and challenge myself daily. The hardest part of this position was encountering the underlying resistance to change. It was also my biggest opportunity for growth within this position. Repeatedly encountering resistance to changing procedures enabled me to develop a better negotiating style, utilize my background in psychology to understand the root of the resistance and work with all parties involved to achieve the goal at hand. – less
Part time-Great Start
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAApril 28, 2013
This was just a part time employment. Great company. Good culture. Learned a lot. Variety of ethnicity.
Interesting global work but company lacks strong management fundamentals
Former Employee (Former Employee), Des MoinesNovember 5, 2012
Pros: employees passionate about the work they are doing, many fun & interesting people work here, global opportunities
Cons: leadership team is not cohesive, results matter far more than "how" something is accomplished, too many ego's
Work is interesting, global environment is exciting, financial growth is a focus. CCC also has a strong focus on technical competencies and values engineering experience. However, many managers lack foundational – more... leadership skills because for much of its history CCC solely promoted the strongest technical worker rather than an individual who had both technical and leadership skills. Departments tend to operate in silos rather than across boundaries.

During 2012 many new leaders were hired that do have strong leadership skills and the company is in a cultural transition. HR staff is helpful but strong leadership skills and vision for the future are lacking at the top of that department. There is a lack of transperancy in many decisions and process. Things are not always done fairly so some employees receive great advantages while others are not for no apparent reason.

The global offices are managed differently than the home office in Des Moines. Company tends to be very Des Moines centric even though half the employes reside outside of Iowa. Decisions that should be made at the local level can be too easily overridden by the home office. – less
Backwards Company with Horrible HR and Management Team
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Houston, TxSeptember 25, 2012
Cons: everything
Leadership team is unorganized and disinterested. Pay frequency is once a month and unless you are located in the Iowa office you are treated poorly. HR team is dishonest and uneducated. Offices are outdated and poorly staffed.
Productive workplace with good people and superb work atmosphere
Product Design Engineer (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 19, 2012
Pros: 401k contribution above average, new renovated building excellent facilties, free fruit, starbucks coffee, a great career for anyone that wants it and willing to make effort
Cons: no good restaurants nearby
-CCC has helped me make my career. I get lots of opportunities to work on new projects and a chance learn as well.
-Work atmosphere with coworkers is great, engineers are hardworking, sincere and good at what they do.
-Management makes an effort to listen to feedback while being focused on results.
Growth-oriented company focused on the future
Global Field Service Planning Manager (Current Employee), Urbandale, IAJune 8, 2012
Pros: sparkling new headquarters, accessible management, work/life balance, free starbucks coffee
Cons: embracing a culture of change
Management is strong and diverse, co-workers a rich tapestry of cultures. Company has undergone some positive directional changes in the past five years. Comfortable work environment which embraces growth – more... & development and provides international opportunities. Compensates well for the market due to the specialized nature of the business. Accessible leaders and all "open-door" sentiments from Management makes communication less bureaucratic and more efficient and accurate. Part of a public company portfolio which allows for greater career opportunities in sister companies or Corporate.Toughest part of the job is understanding the evolution of the company and its complex products. – less
A thriving and entrepreneurial organization
Global Recruiter (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 7, 2012
Enjoy close team work, professional collaboration of ideas to reach strategic goals. Exciting to work with global and international company which has strong growth in market target for now and in future years.
International engineering company with Starbucks and Ping pong table
Human resource representative (Current Employee), Des MoinesJune 7, 2012
Pros: free starbucks, ping pong table, free fruit, challenging work
Great diversity, people from 26 different countries work in the headquarters which is located in Des Moines, Iowa.

Get to work with customers from all over the globe. Offices outside of the U.S. in Moscow, Amsterdam, Milan, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Beijing, Singapore, Sidney, Rio de Janiero, and UK.

Compressor Controls Corporation Photos