Compower Systems (www.compowersystems.com) has been providing a customer driven approach to rapidly supply quality solutions for projects on time and on budget for over 30+ years. Operating out of facilities comprised of over 35,000 square feet of space with extensive engineering, manufacturing, cable-integration and field services capabilities with operations in Western, Central, and Eastern Canada.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer.
This position will coordinate the inter-disciplinary work during the execution of projects and participate in the design development at the earlier project stages (DBM, Cost/Man-hour estimate, scheduling) and must have an in-depth understanding of the project scope.
Responsibilities include, business development, meeting with clients and reviewing job site conditions in order to prepare scopes of work and client proposals, fee estimation, preparing engineered drawings and specifications for construction, construction project management and contract administration, preparation of feasibility studies, and engineering reports
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design of various building systems including HVAC Mechanical systems, Building Automation Systems, plumbing systems, building sustainability and energy efficiency strategies as applicable to Commercial and Tenant renovation type projects initially with expansion to other market sectors.
- Specific systems experience in: chillers and cooling plants, boilers and heating plants, steam and humidification systems, air handlers, fire protection, plumbing systems, generator and fuel system, understanding of TSSA compliance.
- Preparation of drawings and specifications, design calculations, professional signing/sealing.
- Development , management and maintenance of a variety of clients within various market sectors.
- Willing to take increasing role and client relation tasks
Skills & Qualifications:
- Licensed professional Engineer
- LEED Accredited Professional, or be eligible for immediate registration
- Must have an experience or understanding of datacentre mechanical applications.
- Experience in problem solving, working under tight timelines
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Previous Data centre electrical design experience is an asset
- Ambitious and willing to grow within the company
- Demonstrated Project Management and must have AutoCAD experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Compower Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you in advance for your interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compower provides in-house warranty/ service work for all of our 'active' products, including our high-tech SMR rectifier line.