Compower Systems (www.compowersystems.com) has been providing a customer driven approach to rapidly supply quality solutions for projects on time and on budget for over 30+ years. Operating out of facilities comprised of over 35,000 square feet of space with extensive engineering, manufacturing, cable-integration and field services capabilities with operations in Western, Central, and Eastern Canada.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer:
This position will coordinate the inter-disciplinary work during the execution of projects and participate in the design development at the earlier project stages (DBM, Cost/Man-hour estimate, scheduling) and must have an in-depth understanding of the project scope.
Responsibilities include, business development, meeting with clients and reviewing job site conditions in order to prepare scope of work and client proposals, fee estimation, engineered drawings and specifications for construction, construction project management and contract administration, preparation of feasibility studies, and engineering reports.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare the conceptual electrical design including single line diagrams.
- Perform the preparation of specifications and material requisitions for tendering major electrical equipment including: Transformers, 4160 of higher voltage switchgear, 480 Volt or 600 Volt switchgear, motor control centers & VFDs, uninterruptible power supply, control system hardware, emergency power generation and monitoring systems.
- Experience with Data Centre power system design and analysis software.
- Carry out the technical evaluation of quotations for electrical apparatus and wiring materials and recommendations for procurement, including electrical portions of other packages such as pumps.
- Perform factory inspections and witness testing for quality assurance of electrical apparatus.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for their equipment and wiring requirements as well as overlapping areas of responsibility, particularly instrumentation and controls.
- Perform the preparation of electrical drawings for construction including single line, area classification, wiring diagrams, layouts, termination drawings, cable routing, lighting, grounding details, cable and conduit schedules, motor control schematics, alarms & controls and panel schedules.
- Design of intrinsically safe electrical systems and/or systems for hazardous area classifications.
- Prepare of scope of work, electrical construction specifications, and tender documents for the electrical contract.
- Evaluate electrical construction tenders and make recommendation.
- Perform field engineering and technical support for electrical construction.
- Prepare of data books, commissioning, start-up, operating manuals and maintenance manuals.
- Create and review tools and templates for the Company.
- Support in further development of Technical knowledge and skill-sets via available courses.
- Build positive and effective working relations.
Skills & Requirements:
- University degree in Engineering with a P. Eng.
- Must have AutoCAD experience
- LEED Accredited Professional, or be eligible for immediate registration
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in electrical design.
- Experience in problem solving and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Previously Data Centre electrical design is an asset.
- Comfortable working independently and/or as part of a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, technical and client skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
Compower Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you in advance for your interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago