Composites Innovation Centre - Summer Student
Marketing & Communications
158 Commerce Drive
Winnipeg MB, R3P 0Z6
1) REPORTS TO:
Marketing Analyst - CIC
2) DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
The marketing and communications student will provide proactive strategic internal and external communications, web, events, advertising, editing, graphic design, and writing services to assist the Composites Innovation Centre reach its marketing goals with industry, stakeholders, and government partners.
This is a term position running from May 2013 to August 2013. Position will involve 40 hours per week
3) PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The purpose of this role is to provide support and assistance to the Marketing Analyst with the company’s marketing and communications activities.
4) REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Create, write and coordinate production of marketing materials
- Conduct media monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Digital display content development, (video, photo)
- Provide support for corporate event planning and coordination
- Provides research, writing and scheduling services in support of CIC for the delivery of communications services to internal and external clients
- Assists communications colleagues in planning and organizing communication conferences, and education/training seminars
- Design, write and edit reports, news releases, fact sheets, brochures, and other similar communication products.
- Under supervision, develop and implement communications plans on specific, short-term initiatives
- Assist with various projects potentially including social media implementation
- Currently enrolled in or have completed a Diploma or Degree of Creative Communications, Business Administration or Commerce.
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience with using word press and web editing software
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to research and analyze and report on findings
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of communications techniques and practices
- Demonstrated experience in developing communications plans
- Ability to work independently, supporting team efforts and timelines
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills
In your application please indicate the post-secondary institution that you are attending, the name of the program and your current year of study.
All applications must be submitted by _February 25th, 2013_
The Composites Innovation Centre is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the development of advanced composite technologies for the...