Compass Employee Reviews

Good job
Building Maintenance/Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
Worked as a co-superintendant in an apartment building and for the most part I enjoyed my time working here dealing with tenants and building friendships throughout the community.
Pros
Free rent
Clean the mall
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Crossiron Mills5 May 2017
Clean the all thing of the mall..exmaple:door,double door,glass door,floor,kids rides,washroom,family room,chair,pillar and walls.....................
It was a great experience working here learning skills
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 November 2016
It was a good experience, I worked with several other peers I knew my age and we all worked well together as a unit whenever something had to be done. Just not enough hours and it was also getting difficult at one point to get time off from family matters and other things to make the late night shifts.
Pros
Popcorn to go home
Cons
Not enough hours, one or two night shifts a week for a couple hours
not the best
Barista/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 October 2016
some family members running the place and always look out for each other before the other employees. I worked quite a few hours there about 50 a week for 4 months ... my first pay for working 100 hours was 337$. i tried to tell them they messed up and instead of correcting it they just gave me a cheque for 80 $ and told me to deal with it.
Pros
free food
Cons
never paid the right amount
Bad managment/staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 October 2016
Management lets employees get away with anything. No actual structure for their employees. you get over worked to the point of exhaustion lack of cover and no respect for anyone in the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great team work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 October 2016
I like to work with friendly people. They're sometimes the people doesn't respect us and i can't tolerate, i love this company but i can't keep working with that low wages and hard work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Shorts breaks, to much dust
cool
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
Good place,

i like working there
Expected more than you could give
Supervising Chef (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB6 October 2016
Mostly it was confusing, upper management never gives clear instructions to their staff.
I worked hard for five years, got two awards and was laid off two months later without cause.
Pros
Medical program
Cons
Average pay, no advancement and no overtime
good place to learn everyday
General Helper (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 September 2016
learned how to work as a team
learned how to multitask
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from other cultures
good workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB30 August 2016
i like working here, good life and work balance. I appreciate the training the workload and the friendship among colleagues.
I strongly recommand compass.
Pros
every two fridays off
Cons
far from home
Fun workplace but lacks room for progression
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Zoo, ON25 August 2016
This company provided a very enjoyable work environment that made one enjoy going into work. The work itself was simple but meticulous. The co-workers were friendly and everyone was there to simply get the job done but worked together as a team so that everyone was able to finish on time. Some of the less enjoyable parts of the job was the inconsistent schedule. People were not assigned specific roles on specific days but rather placed their randomly and only given about a couples days notice for their shifts of the next week. This made balancing work and life extremely difficult as one could not plan their life around their work schedule. Also due to the lack of business the Toronto Zoo has been having recently, hours have been getting cut for many of the lower staff. I could not see myself staying for too long as I felt that most of the tasks done between ALL staff was practically the same and therefore you felt very little in terms of progression. Overall it was an enjoyable experience as a part-time job and would be recommended for those who are looking for a summer job or are looking for a career in the industry.
Pros
Nice co-workers, Benefits via Recipricol Program
Cons
Shorter hours, inconsistent schedule
Great staff to work with, management was a little unorganized but still good job and I enjoyed it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 August 2016
I enjoyed working for Compass, the staff were very friendly. Management was alittle unorganized. I didn't mind the hours. I worked 21/7, 8 hour days. I would have like to work more hours. Due to cut backs I got laid off. The way management laid me off was very unprofessional.

Suncor Firebag - worked 10/4 and not enough days in.
Pros
Was always busy
Cons
Unorganized within the management
productive and fun workplace
Cook in Smoke's Poutinerie (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 July 2016
A good workplace to be employed by in general, fun environment with great coworkers always a fun event. Great leadership and management shown by company
overworked and rushed everyday
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shell Scotford, Fort Saskatchewan20 July 2016
over worked,rushed and harassed on daily basis. I learned that I really liked my job cleaning. Company cannot keep good management. Always got along with everyone, however I usually worked alone. Having more and more work piled on to me, Most enjoyable was the clients for which I cleaned for.
Pros
was 10 minutes from my home
Cons
really bad management
Fun place and an energetic young team.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  1 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr7 June 2016
I always enjoy working at Chartwells as we all are really committed towards customer service. Our team is very active and energetic and it becomes an enjoyable job while serving customers.

It is a fast paced environment and speed in order processing is highly demanded along with efficiency. I have even been given compliments on the speed of my work as our cafe is always full of rush. The cash counters are always having a double queue each.
The customers always appreciate our effort and are surprised and ask " How do you manage it?".
Pros
Always well taken care of any problem or needs at workplace.
Cons
Constant work pressure.
Equal opportunity. Field Support. Overall great company.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2016
Equal opportunity workplace. Focus on results and client relationships. Great field support from Corporate Office. Overall, great Company to work for.
Appris beaucoup de choses
Dish Runner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2016
M a prémière journée a été si je le dire vraiment attractive , j'ai appris a travailler en collaboration avec de differente personnes le meme jour . Le management était a la auteur puisque , il étit toujours la pour savoir si nous allions bien et s'il n'y avait pas de difficulté. Mes collaborateurs étaient des femmes et des hommes et étient très sympathiques. L'apect le plus difficile a été de m'abituer a faire plusieurs tache étant arreté. Le pluss agréable était que je prennait du plaisir a rendre l'endroit ou je travaillait toujours propre.
Pros
Répas, favobables variés
Cons
Pannes d'ascenceur
Good first job as a student
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 March 2016
A typical day at work would consist of standing behind a till for long periods of time and providing service to the customers during events or shows. I learned the importance of working for and managing your own money, especially as a student. My co-workers were very kind but typically had a negative attitude and complained about not wanting to be there. The hardest part of the job was being yelled at for the pricey food items. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working at various events.
Pros
worked with a diverse population
Cons
no breaks, limited shifts
Bonne Job
Assistante gérante (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2016
Lors de mon retour au pays en octobre 2015, j'ai eu la chance d'avoir ce poste temporairement en attendant de trouver une opportunité de carrière.

Par chance, ce poste m'a apporté de nouvelles qualifications que je pourrai maintenant utilisées dans mon prochain travaille.
It's a okay job
CATERER/GENERAL HELPER (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 March 2016
overload of duties for a low paying job. No sick days pay and you can call in sick. Don't get me wrong it's an okay company but they should make changes on how they treat their employee so they won't loose their good people.