Compass Minerals Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Culture Stinks
Employee (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 13, 2016
The company is made up of older, long term employees who do not understand or embrace change. They actively fight against new ideas or concepts and seem to take little issue or action with how their employees behave. I've been around some of the most unprofessional behavior in my career here and the HR department seems to turn a blind eye to such things, especially when the offenders fall into a 'minority or diversity' classification.

Senior management wears suits all day, every day and there are very very few young employees working here. The culture is a terrible fit for young people. Cube walls tend to be 6+ feet which discourages collaboration and makes being at the office much like a trip to the library. IT Director is hated by all of his managers and staff and will probably cost the company millions of dollars and the loss of very good staff due to incompetence and disinterest.

Compensation and benefits are pretty good but that doesn't make up for the fact that the culture is stuffy, old school and resistant to anyone who might actually care about making the company better. Company touts a set of 'core values' but doesn't come anywhere near living up to them. Integrity is the most important value but their actions in how they deal with the worst offenders demonstrates anything but. If you end up working here, just get used to punching in and punching out without rocking the boat or trying to do anything overly useful and you'll be fine here.
Pros
Fruit in the break rooms.
Cons
Too many jerks.
Compass Minerals
Mine Rescue Team Member/Weighmaster (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 13, 2016
Swing shift is 12 hours a day for 4 crews. Work is 7:00 to 7:00. Safety is number one with tire 1 meetings first thing in the morning, followed up by coordinating daily agenda. Learned logistics working in a rail yard to working with plant equipment. Area inspections are daily to promote preventative maintenance. The night shift rotation by-monthly is the hardest part. I enjoy working with my team. We all strive for safety and operational excellence with everything we do.
Pros
Safety insentives
Cons
Not much room for promotions out side your department.
Great atmosphere to work in.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
I day at work was exciting because of management and my co-workers. I didn't have very much experience but I put up fast. This was a great job but it was only temporary.
great job
Block Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Lyons, KSAugust 7, 2015
a good place to work we worked 7 days on and got 7 days off every other week had really good co works management was great I think the hardest part was 12 hour nights
Was better than it is now
Weighmaster (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 19, 2015
Was better than it is now with new management. Worked there for 28 years and my job came to an end with new management after a great 28 years prior.
Pros
Job Securtiy
Cons
Upper Management
Mgmt sucked and I was lied to from the begining and no one was on the same page.
Didn't have one. (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 28, 2015
poor mgmt and the company had lied from the begining. U never get overtime and they were very poor on safety and trucks was in poor shape.. It was just the worst place I ever worked.....
Pros
Cons
poor company I have ever worked for.
Easy going and fun work place
Freights Payable (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 13, 2015
Even though my position was only seasonal I loved the people and environment. Everyone was extremely supportive. I was given the chance to build my organizational and prioritizing skills in a fun and friendly environment.
JD Edward's Certified functional consultant
Senior JD Edwards Financial management consultant (Former Employee) –  Edison,NJSeptember 19, 2014
• JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.0 Financial Management Pre-sales Specialist Assessment
- Features, functions and Overview of Jd Edwards 9.0 financial management functions and
• JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.0 Sales Specialist
- Demonstration of Functional skills of Financial Management modules
• JD Edwards Support Specialist (v3.0)
- Knowledge level test as a Jd Edwards support specialist
• General Product Support Specialist
- Knowledge level test as a support specialist of all Oracle applications products in general, including JD Edwards
A challenge of old and new
Quality Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 12, 2014
The Quality department is in a complete transition right now between how we have been doing it for 20 years versus modern technology so each day is a new challenge.
Pros
paid breaks and lunches
Cons
only female in the plant
Horrible management
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  commerce city, coOctober 27, 2012
No job security, management has no guidance, no job security, get lied to and let down, they work you like a dog and pay nothing! Nothing good about the place... They should file bankruptcy and change there name again... how mant has it been now, I think 3 times...
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything