Compass Minerals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK place to work--a lot of changes with new CEO
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, fruit twice/ week
Cons: Iffy job security
I mainly do account maintenance, document preparation for the bidding process, customer service and sales, data entry, emails and general computer work.
I have learned a lot in computers and in the bidding process for States and Municipalities.
Management is OK, but the general feeling in the office is a bit fearful. A lot of changes are taking place and a lot of long-time employees are being fired, which understandably causes a bit of anxiety.
My co-workers are pretty good and for the most part helpful.
The hardest part of the job is keeping organized as there are quite a few aspects to keep track of; this is also the best part of the job as it keeps things interesting and you never feel like you're just doing the same thing day in and day out.
JD Edward's Certified functional consultant
Senior JD Edwards Financial management consultant (Former Employee), Edison,NJSeptember 19, 2014
• JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.0 Financial Management Pre-sales Specialist Assessment
- Features, functions and Overview of Jd Edwards 9.0 financial management functions and
• JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.0 Sales Specialist
- Demonstration of Functional skills of Financial Management modules
• JD Edwards Support Specialist (v3.0)
- Knowledge level test as a Jd Edwards support specialist
• General Product Support Specialist
- Knowledge level test as a support specialist of all Oracle applications products in general, including JD Edwards
Mgmt sucked and I was lied to from the begining and no one was on the same page.
Didn't have one. (Former Employee), LouisianaApril 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: poor company I have ever worked for.
poor mgmt and the company had lied from the begining. U never get overtime and they were very poor on safety and trucks was in poor shape.. It was just the worst place I ever worked.....
Horrible management
Plant Operator (Former Employee), commerce city, coOctober 27, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
No job security, management has no guidance, no job security, get lied to and let down, they work you like a dog and pay nothing! Nothing good about the place... They should file bankruptcy and change there name again... how mant has it been now, I think 3 times...
Easy going and fun work place
Freights Payable (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 13, 2015
Even though my position was only seasonal I loved the people and environment. Everyone was extremely supportive. I was given the chance to build my organizational and prioritizing skills in a fun and friendly environment.
A challenge of old and new
Quality Lab Technician (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMay 12, 2014
Pros: paid breaks and lunches
Cons: only female in the plant
The Quality department is in a complete transition right now between how we have been doing it for 20 years versus modern technology so each day is a new challenge.
Was better than it is now
Weighmaster (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 19, 2015
Pros: Job Securtiy
Cons: Upper Management
Was better than it is now with new management. Worked there for 28 years and my job came to an end with new management after a great 28 years prior.
great job
Block Press Operator (Current Employee), Lyons, KSAugust 7, 2015
a good place to work we worked 7 days on and got 7 days off every other week had really good co works management was great I think the hardest part was 12 hour nights