Compass Group Employee Reviews

Great big company
Assistant Catering Manager at Bistro 438 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2015
Lots of room to grow if willing to be just like anyone else and follow big corporation rules. Every location is different with their own pros and cons, and management style
Fast paced , industrial
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 November 2015
Promoted to build and run this company from the ground up. Supporting the Industrial chrome plating industry for the GMC front and rear pick up truck bumpers.
Pros
Working with a good crew
Cons
Business closed because of a recession.
Great work environment, no room for growth within company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2015
I really enjoy working with this company, my team is great, my manager is a good smart man who has taught me a few things already since being with the company for a few months. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any room for growing within the company and as I would like to expand my knowledge and experience, I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for this opportunity.
Pros
Fun staff/coworkers, lunch accomodation
Cons
Not a big enough company to grow within
a fun place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 November 2015
a fun place to work, the co-workers were great to work with
i learnt alot about cleaning and safely take out garbage
the boss did not have any problem getting his hands dirty when we were behind on are dutys
Relaxing and engaging.
Mobile Floor Steward (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
We were contracted by Shell Oil and Gas to make sure that all mobile desks in the office were free of garbage and had all the appropriate networking cables so that employee's could work at the mobile desks without having to clean up after another person.
Pros
Low to No Supervision, Great pay.
Cons
Only night shifts, always after 5pm.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  university of calgary25 October 2015
great teamwork
worked as full-time
fun to work with coworkers
helpful coworkers
caring supervisor
helpful coworkers
have union
benefits
Cons
no employee discount on food
Was fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2015
I only work a couple of months but was a good experience. The manager and my supervisor was a great person and the custumers too.
Steady employment with benefits working with food and youth :)
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia Ontario21 October 2015
For the most part this was an excellent position to fill. Very demanding some days but very rewarding to know that one customer's day could change with a smile and a purchase of a cookie!!
Fun
Kitchen Manager / Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 October 2015
Great supervisor variety of work
If business is slow the hours are cut
Always busy, but time flies by
If a floater, you meet new people
Pros
working with children and public
Cons
none for me
interesting and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2015
its a great environment to work in. It had its challenges of not enough hours and some out of order employees but it was a really great place to work. Some of the management personnel are very hard to work with but some were really cool.
Pros
free lunch and snack is available an d it was also unionized
Cons
hours were not enough
the hardest part of the job
Compass Group (Christenson Communities) (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB18 October 2015
I have no problem with the co-workers nor the environment at the workplace at all. In my case as a dietary-aide it is a fulfilling job to serve nutritious food to the elderly people. The only thing that I don't like about the company is I feel like there's no stability and growth as they are very limited in terms of options and opportunity. In my example in my case I've been working there for more than a year and have not increase my hourly rate yet 'till now, no review, I've been working split shifts sometimes and the average hours are not regular every week. I asked if there's any opportunity for a full-time position and there's none but lot of part-time people in the same position. My guess is they are trying to avoid giving benefits that is why they don't like to give me full-time position.
Routines workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 October 2015
Not challenge at all, every day routine and dealing with same people such as coo-workers, client, and customers. Most important part of the job was learning new topics about Health and Safety, Ant - bulling and harassment workplace.
Pros
One hour break time
Cons
No life-wok balance
was a fun plce to work great co-workers
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 October 2015
when i worked at the Civic Centre in Prince George for this company I worked very hard and long hours to make very little money so i left that job and looking for another job
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours without good pay
I loved cooking for this company!
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 October 2015
Everyday was something different for me, from cooking to dealing with the front grill to dealing with the Starbucks station and cash. My boss at this time was a lot of fun an a awesome person!
Terrible management. Do not work here.
Tim Horton's general worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, Ontario6 October 2015
The management lacked leadership, trustworthiness, and empathy. Terrible workplace environment. The managers lie a lot and are very lazy. The only good thing aboit this job are the benefits. Do not work here.
Pros
Union job, free lunches (Kind of)
Cons
Terrible managers, mean staff, dirty environment, horrible hours.
Not a great company to work for
Food Prep, Serve, Cleaning, Dishes (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NS2 October 2015
I have worked for Compass Group for 6 years . No advancement in the company in my area. No seniority when available jobs should be posted for all employee's to be able to apply for in house positions not to be given to another employee automatically
Pros
Cons
no job advancement
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2015
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
productive
Contracted Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 September 2015
clock in and start working from organizing the fridges to cooking meals for the students and proper sanitation cleaning tables dishes the work place areas ect
Great co-workers
Dishwasher &Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Toronto Museum3 September 2015
I really enjoyed performing my duties. I appreciated all the support from my co-workers. I was very dedicated to my position and always performed to the best of my ability.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Taking out garbage
enjoyable work enviroment,good people to work with
Assistant Cafeteria Supervisor Ajax High School (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 August 2015
enjoy working with current staff. The most rewarding aspect is working with colleagues as a team. A lot of variety on a day to day basis
Pros
testing and experitmenting with new meal ideas
Cons
no room to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.