Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
AVOID THIS COMPANY
slub (Former Employee), oshawaeFebruary 18, 2013
Cons: compass group as a whole
Hired as a baker. Only got one. day
of training. Then considered not suitable for position. Trained for four hours on front counter. Then told not to come back until they
need me. Considered to be on an on call basis.
worked with the company for seven years and received successful accomplishment certificate.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 27, 2012
Pros: have strong knowledge about the company itself.
Cons: long distance from home.
Always interested in interior decoration. Looking for a better opportunity in a good company to improve the skills as a team member.
love it
Patient Transportation/Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
I really enjoy working here. I find it fun but challenging. The staff are great and it is very team oriented. I haven't been there long enough to give a long review so please accept this for now
cashier and sales person
sales person or cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg ,MBFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i improve my skill that i have
Cons: tibs
Helping customers and take payment as will make our customers happy and organizing all the staff's our customers are my first priority
As well as at Tim Horton I have same experience in Calgary make customer happy and do good servece .
Great place to work, a lot of new things to learn.
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Compass group is a award winning company and serving many Institutions, private companies and Government offices in a lot of Countries. The company offer excellent services in all aspects. Food service is exceptional in good quality.
a fun place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 3, 2015
a fun place to work, the co-workers were great to work with
i learnt alot about cleaning and safely take out garbage
the boss did not have any problem getting his hands dirty when we were behind on are dutys
Steady employment with benefits working with food and youth :)
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Orillia OntarioOctober 21, 2015
For the most part this was an excellent position to fill. Very demanding some days but very rewarding to know that one customer's day could change with a smile and a purchase of a cookie!!
some days went great &some daysnot so great depending on the mood of management &staff either wise it was a tipicel crasy day depending on the unite
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
sometimes we did not work together as a team even management esp.when we were shorthanded and sometimes we had some fun
Productive and fun
Graphics Designer (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 10, 2013
Compass Group Canada, one of the country’s leading foodservice and support services companies has acquired the assets of Nova Services Group Inc., a Toronto based dietary, environmental and janitorial services company. Nova Services becomes a member of Compass Group Canada and will continue to operate under the Nova Services brand name.
Productive and fast paced work place.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Iroquois Falls, ONJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: free food and awesome co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day included cleaning, preparing and serving food to customers. I received the required health and safety training. My co-workers were all awesome and easy to get along with.
Fast paced , industrial
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Pros: Working with a good crew
Cons: Business closed because of a recession.
Promoted to build and run this company from the ground up. Supporting the Industrial chrome plating industry for the GMC front and rear pick up truck bumpers.
Fun
Kitchen Manager / Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 21, 2015
Pros: working with children and public
Cons: none for me
Great supervisor variety of work
If business is slow the hours are cut
Always busy, but time flies by
If a floater, you meet new people
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Great environment to work in.
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
Good experience for a young person
Western Fair general labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay above minimum wage
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed working as a runner for spectators in suites at a national sporting event. I was under-age, but felt valued and praised for hard work.
Independant outdoors work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: work outdoors
Cons: weather wasnt always the best
I enjoyed being able to spend all day outdoors. I was trained on operating snow removal equipment and compactor. I disliked the early days. I worked by myself so it was a bit boring.
Too much work to do in 7.5 hours
Hospital Housekeeper (Former Employee), VictoriaJanuary 25, 2014
Each person has an area to cover and clean, there is not enough people to clean the areas, one person is suppose to clean 64 different size rooms including bathrooms in 7hrs how are you suppose to clean properly.
friendly working place
HOSTESS (Former Employee), londonMay 9, 2013
Pros: food was availlable and uniform
Working in Compass Group was a friendly atmosphere, work with close collaboration with Managers ,other staffs and even customers. Co-workers was always helpful. Hardest part was working overnight for concecuting days. All the memebers of the staff was friendly
Productive and Fun place with co-workers
TELLER & CUSTOMER SERVICE PROVIDER (Current Employee), Calgary, CanadaMarch 31, 2013
Pros: learned to talk with different peoples of different communities.
Cons: busy job
I have learned to talk with different type of customers with different communities. Controlling cash and ensuring the proper till transactions.Got rewards for up-selling and proper eye contact and gestures with the customers.
nice relaxed environment with lots to keep yourself busy with
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee), whitbyJune 30, 2014
Pros: good hours for shifts
Cons: repetitive work
Compass group is great to work for, there is a lot of chance to get promoted. They also have a lot of franchises so there is a variety of place to work at.
Great employers, wonderful to work for.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 16, 2013
Pros: management, staff, advancement opportunites
Cons: salary, guaranteed hours
It was a pleasure to work for Compass Group Canada. Within a year there was opportunity for advancement. Management was extraordinary and welcoming. Downfalls included irregular shifts & pay due to on and off work.
Headquarters