Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Always a fun place to work
HR Recruiter/Social Media Trainer (Former Employee), Burnaby BCNovember 7, 2012
I received a lot of great training from both my Manager and the in house workshops that were provided for me.

January 24, 2013

I doubt you working in a hospital as a housekeeper!

Beware of this company
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 29, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: long hours, useless management
Seems like a great job when you get hired but once you are in you will see reality. This company would make a great episode for Undercover Boss. Co-workers are awesome, management NOT so awesome. Pay is okay if you don't mind having to constantly submit paperwork for hours worked and not paid for. Staff is bitter and always complaining. Go to McDonalds – more... for a job if you want to be respected and valued. – less

January 24, 2013

I am in total agreement. I worked under the private contractor in healthcare. This company does not care about the patients or their employees. They care about profit and profit only. THe patients, workers have all suffered for it.

Fun Light Environment Workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: free lunch, pool table, easy work
Cons: long hours
It was early mornings having to cook and serve Breakfast and cooking all day until dinner. As a student of George Brown it was basics in terms of food but developed better communication and pace of work. Strong management and daily work was great and involved fun working environment as well. Co workers were happy with what they did and easy going, and – more... were able to play pool during our break. Hardest part of the Job was dealing with particular customers and the long hours will get to you some days. It was fun anything to do with working with food, I'm enjoying it. – less
Big company with very good benefits and health plan.
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Company is good and maybe one of the best but the management discreminate staff and not treated fairly.

January 24, 2013

Free Lunch??? The Compass I worked for did not and has not supplied a Christmas Dinner for the staff that was working Christmas Day.. This was humiliating while the non-compass workers of the hospital all got Christmas Dinner in the cafeteria paid by the hospital.

January 24, 2013

Wages are way below a "Living Wage" The privitization in Hospitals under Compass, for housekeepers are way below what housekeepers are getting that are not privitized, a difference of $5.00 an hour. Yet, they do the same work. They work with infectious diseases, clean up feces, vomit,etc. The non-privitized housekeepers get $5.00 an hour more in apy and good benefits, more sick time (which is a necessity in healthcare). Where I worked there is discrimination, bullying and harrassment. They make Hitler look like an Angel.

Productive and fun workplace in the food industry
Storefront Team Member/Chef (Former Employee), North York, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: free lunches
- learned how to manage with various types of personalities in a hospital setting
Productive and fun workplace and great environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: free lunch, food, and awesome staff
- Great Environment to work in
- Amazing Staff
- Awesome Hours
- Free Lunch
- Great Customers
- A typical
Productive, fun workplace and great co-workers
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: free lunches periodically, summer months off, xmas and march break off
I enjoyed my job very much, was very knowledgeable in all of my daily tasks, computer skills, data entry skills. Acheived high appraisals on a yearly basis, Received awards for 10 years of dedicated service and great teamwork hero awards.
AMAZING COMPANY
Albian Village Front desk / Housing Associate (Former Employee), FORT MCMURRAYAugust 29, 2012
AMAZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR, GREAT ATMOSPHER FOR EMPLOYEES, CHECKING IN PEOPLE AND CHECKING OUT, CREATING A MENIFEST FOR GUEST COMING AND GOING OUT, GREAT PACKAGE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES,
worked with the company for seven years and received successful accomplishment certificate.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 27, 2012
Pros: have strong knowledge about the company itself.
Cons: long distance from home.
Always interested in interior decoration. Looking for a better opportunity in a good company to improve the skills as a team member.
Clients should do homework before hiring compass
cook (Current Employee), bownmanville ontAugust 26, 2012
Pros: time to go home
Cons: my god where do i begin
Deceitful, liars, low pay overworked understaffed. Managers not professionally trained, unskilled, pawn their duties off to employees. I have never encountered a company so unprofessional with high expectations from their staff with no rewards. Throws new staff into their job without any trainer or orientation and with hire anyone just to have a "body" – more... present. Clients should really find out what they are getting before contracting this company there is a reason why they bid the lowest in the contracts, they are the lowest of them all. Over work ,under staff, manipulate, and unappreciated their employees. Wake up Clients read reviews, think do you want to be in the same category as Compass? I hope this review wakes up people. – less

October 10, 2012

I agree with this statement...this is the worst company to work for.

Productive and fun. Busy all the time.
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
A very established company, fun and exciting to work. Always in need of people to work. They are willing to send peopple on training to gain more experience
good place to work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 13, 2012
excellent union benefits, friendly co workers. enjoyed going to work, learned alot about food safely and kitchen safety.
Alright place to work, not my choice in salary or managment
Kitchen Assistant/Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee), Kanata, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: free lunch, lots of contact with other people
Cons: managment
A typical day at work consisted of the same thing everyday, prepare salad bar, deli bar, breakfast, etc. I learned lots about cooking and dealing with issues and people i didnt expect to come in contact with. A got along good with a lot of my co workers although i had a hard time some times with the other employee i worked with in the kitchen as she – more... was further fired. There wasnt much in the job i couldnt handle i really loved seeing all of the customers everyday since we had the same ones so i got used to everyone and pretty much knew there orders. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: posibility of career advance
Cons: short hours, low wage
Productive and fun workplace.

There is always something new to learn in this workplace.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee), TORONTO ONJuly 11, 2012
Pros: allowed to have meals for a small fee
Cons: lots of daily challenges
Regular working hours. Coverage of health & dental benefits. Recognises years of service every five years with a gift.
Productive and fun place to work, lots of room to learn and growth
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 9, 2012
Pros: work by myself without supervision
Cons: not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work. Lots of room for growth and opportunity to learn. Very helpful management team. Very diverse in culture. Trustworthy company to work for. Overall very positive experience.
Time
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2012
Love new challenges
Room to grow
Flexible hours
Great people( co-workers)
Great Management
Not much security, do alot for no appreciation
Prep and caterer (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: we pay 1.75 per day and can have breakfast and lunch.
Cons: they cut our hrs all the time and pay min wage and exspect so much from us
Prepare salad bar, stock cafe kiosk, stock Tim Hortons Kiosk, prepare sanwiches, and all prep for cafeteria and Tim Hortons at PRHC. I learned to do my job at a timely fashion, also do catering.
Management could be better.
My co-workers are great Iget along with people.
I really dont have a hard part its very easy same thing everyday.
Most enjoyable – more... is we all get along so we laugh alot. – less

August 26, 2012

Very deceitful management will lie to employees , make promises that don't intend to keep, overwork staff, harass staff, threaten staff under pay them regarding industry rates no appreciation for any staff. This company"s management love to play GOD. Will lay you off when ever, think of only themselves and their personal gain and profit at any cost. Never in my 26 years as a Chef, have i ever encountered a company that truly lacks interpersonal skills along with understanding of the word HOSPITALITY . Beware of Compass they love to sugar coat just to get anyone regardless of experience training or certification.

January 24, 2013

I totally agree with the comment added to this. This company will lie, cheat, steal & cripple their employees and not blink an eye. In a hospital setting they do not care about the patients,or their employees, they care about one thing only and that is profit and profit only.

A nice place to work. I had co-workers that are fun to work with.
Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: the area has a little access in public transportation.
I have a great experienced working at the hospital.
I learned how to balance my approach with different types of people.
Mostly of my managers are great there. There is one manger that I really like to work with. He is very responsible and fun.

January 24, 2013

Free Food???? Where I worked as a housekeeper in a hospital, under the Private Contractor, Compass Group, that would be considered stealing!! Stay out of housekeeping in hospitals with this company if you want to live longer and enjoy your retirement years.

cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: good strater for entry in job
Cons: no promotions
working whole day on cash, i like the work too. but sometimes become hectic when management wont gv proper hours to other . in busy time sometimes they deduct hours of their employee and its hard too manage the crowd in store then. In summer just senior people allowed to work...

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more