Compass Group Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  university of calgary25 October 2015
great teamwork
worked as full-time
fun to work with coworkers
helpful coworkers
caring supervisor
helpful coworkers
have union
benefits
Cons
no employee discount on food
Was fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2015
I only work a couple of months but was a good experience. The manager and my supervisor was a great person and the custumers too.
Steady employment with benefits working with food and youth :)
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia Ontario21 October 2015
For the most part this was an excellent position to fill. Very demanding some days but very rewarding to know that one customer's day could change with a smile and a purchase of a cookie!!
Fun
Kitchen Manager / Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 October 2015
Great supervisor variety of work
If business is slow the hours are cut
Always busy, but time flies by
If a floater, you meet new people
Pros
working with children and public
Cons
none for me
interesting and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2015
its a great environment to work in. It had its challenges of not enough hours and some out of order employees but it was a really great place to work. Some of the management personnel are very hard to work with but some were really cool.
Pros
free lunch and snack is available an d it was also unionized
Cons
hours were not enough
the hardest part of the job
Compass Group (Christenson Communities) (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB18 October 2015
I have no problem with the co-workers nor the environment at the workplace at all. In my case as a dietary-aide it is a fulfilling job to serve nutritious food to the elderly people. The only thing that I don't like about the company is I feel like there's no stability and growth as they are very limited in terms of options and opportunity. In my example in my case I've been working there for more than a year and have not increase my hourly rate yet 'till now, no review, I've been working split shifts sometimes and the average hours are not regular every week. I asked if there's any opportunity for a full-time position and there's none but lot of part-time people in the same position. My guess is they are trying to avoid giving benefits that is why they don't like to give me full-time position.
Routines workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 October 2015
Not challenge at all, every day routine and dealing with same people such as coo-workers, client, and customers. Most important part of the job was learning new topics about Health and Safety, Ant - bulling and harassment workplace.
Pros
One hour break time
Cons
No life-wok balance
was a fun plce to work great co-workers
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 October 2015
when i worked at the Civic Centre in Prince George for this company I worked very hard and long hours to make very little money so i left that job and looking for another job
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours without good pay
I loved cooking for this company!
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 October 2015
Everyday was something different for me, from cooking to dealing with the front grill to dealing with the Starbucks station and cash. My boss at this time was a lot of fun an a awesome person!
Terrible management. Do not work here.
Tim Horton's general worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, Ontario6 October 2015
The management lacked leadership, trustworthiness, and empathy. Terrible workplace environment. The managers lie a lot and are very lazy. The only good thing aboit this job are the benefits. Do not work here.
Pros
Union job, free lunches (Kind of)
Cons
Terrible managers, mean staff, dirty environment, horrible hours.
Not a great company to work for
Food Prep, Serve, Cleaning, Dishes (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NS2 October 2015
I have worked for Compass Group for 6 years . No advancement in the company in my area. No seniority when available jobs should be posted for all employee's to be able to apply for in house positions not to be given to another employee automatically
Pros
Cons
no job advancement
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2015
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
productive
Contracted Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 September 2015
clock in and start working from organizing the fridges to cooking meals for the students and proper sanitation cleaning tables dishes the work place areas ect
Great co-workers
Dishwasher &Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Toronto Museum3 September 2015
I really enjoyed performing my duties. I appreciated all the support from my co-workers. I was very dedicated to my position and always performed to the best of my ability.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Taking out garbage
enjoyable work enviroment,good people to work with
Assistant Cafeteria Supervisor Ajax High School (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 August 2015
enjoy working with current staff. The most rewarding aspect is working with colleagues as a team. A lot of variety on a day to day basis
Pros
testing and experitmenting with new meal ideas
Cons
no room to grow
A great companay to work for..my job is never boring..always changing depending on the day and the students I serve
High School Cafeteria Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Essex County17 August 2015
Compass has been the best place for me to work..working with teenagers keeps you on your toes...Work alone at the unit , but have managed units with part time employees..just an over all great experience..have learned so much from Compass over the years
Pros
Solid reputable company to work for..
Cons
after 20 yrs..can't think of any
Productive and dynamic
Food Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara College3 August 2015
Great atmosphere for growth and conductivity in the college sector. Great management interaction at all levels. Lots of room to develop new skills.
line cook
Kitchen Helper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 July 2015
served client, do breakfast , diner and lunch. I learn how to cook in this company.The hardest part of the job was when you have a rush you need to go really fast.
Very busy organization!
Director of Food and Beverage Services, (Current Employee) –  London1 July 2015
Great staff to work with. Incredibly busy company that continues to grow. Hours can be tough, but company allows for entrepreneurship.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 June 2015
Management very good. Daily log check and payroll hours. Unfortunately losing a contract I was unable to stay. People their were great to work with.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Downsizing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.