Compass Group Employee Reviews

Chef supervisor
Chef Superivor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 March 2016
Lack of training that was promised upon hire and and no support from staff or management. Allowed buliies to continue working and the victim quit. There is no consistent work ethics policy and procedure are only being followed by those that the company wants to try get rid of.
Pros
Cons
No adequate training or consistent training for all staff lack of respect from staff
very strict and performance based
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2016
unfortunately the company is more interested in revenue aspect only of the operations and wants nothing to to with personal growth and development
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
My typical day working was Sweep, mop and wash floors

o Dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture.

o Wash and dry clothes, fold then distribute to specific patrons.
Pros
The seniors centre were nice place to work
Cons
to much work for 1 persone to do
Absolutely ridiculous
Housekeeper at a Long Term Living Facility (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 March 2016
The pay is always short, the hours are complete bs. They tell you it's a part time job, it's actually a casual. They have the absolute worst management and are simply disorganized.
I do not recommend working for this company.
Cons
All lies, no management, pay is wrong wveyr pay cheque.
Excitng,challenging environment
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 February 2016
It is a very challenging environment working for the client. It is never a dull moment and love the excitement that every day brings.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
away from home for 20 days at a time
nice coworkers
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  George Brown college11 February 2016
easy going position with great staff and work place. no real career advantage to grow. Was laid off. Small areas for working.
Pros
people
Cons
no real advantage to career
Fast paced, fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 February 2016
In my experience at a Halifax location, this was a very fun and exciting job. Management could always be more attentive to the needs of employees, but it was still an enjoyable job.
Contracted work with too many bosses.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 February 2016
Operations Centre Agent - Marquise in behalf of YVR

Pros:

- Stepping stone into the aviation industry;
- Exposure to the background day-to-day operations of an International Airport;
- Great networking opportunity;
- Working with like-minded young professionals;
- Mid-range salary (better than most entry positions in the industry).

Cons:

- Everyone is your boss (Compass Canada, Marquise, YVR, Airlines, Contractors, Tenants...etc);
- Customer Service role heavy with complaints and repeating inquiries being a daily occurrence;
- Minimal advancement opportunity within Marquise and Compass Canada that is aviation related;
- Being a contractor means restricted advancement opportunity into the airport authority;
- The role is continuously given more responsibilities, grows complex, and requirements for the job are always added. But the salary is not changed to match the additional workload and liability.
Assistant Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 January 2016
If you love Hamilton and love the Hamilton Tiger Cats this place is probably the best place to work! Of course you work in the concessions but the atmosphere in the stadium is absolutely incredible. The people I worked with were amazing and all the staff is super friendly. There was a lot of disorganization with making sure we had food and scheduling. The hours were bad unless you were well liked and knew the management so you could come in and work during the week but if not you had the one day a week schedule. Overall the place was just so much fun and I highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for their first job or looking for some extra cash!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Few hours
exciting
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2016
I really like how they always had another job to reach for. Advancement was always a possibility and I could take pride in my work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
tendious
good place
Bilingual Technical Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2016
good place to work, 1 hour lunches on friday, great enviroment,
free food, ice cream, and lots of other perks.great people and managers
Great place, great co-workers.
Retail Associate/Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 December 2015
A typical day usually would start with a meeting, going over a lot of training provided. While getting everyone involved in carefully reading every guideline. I learned that teamwork is needed in order to survive in this workplace setting. Management is good, they are very at tentative. They have good emotional intelligence. The hardest part of the job is getting the speed down, hustling to serve every customer while maintaining an upbeat attitude and great customer service. The most enjoyable part of the part of the job would have to be the employee appreciation day, getting to know your co-workers at a different level.
Pros
Free food/drinks.
Cons
None.
Parttime evening job with great people
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK7 December 2015
Typically an evening job with the occasional day shift. A professional attire is a must along with great personable skills. The staff and management were incredible to work with, making the shifts fly by with ease. Stressful moments occurred when there was over ordering and the cooks could only do so much at a time. The food was great and customers were very rarely dissatisfied. Memorization was key.
Pros
Great people to work with, listening to the concerts
Cons
Rude or drunk customers
good hours for family life
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON27 November 2015
My time at Compass group was good. The people I worked with were friendly and the shifts were great for balancing home and work life. However the rate of pay was low when you consider the amount of work expected. I learned how to use my time effectively to accomplish all my required work. On going training was great and the support from management was good. The hardest part of my job was getting everything done, but as I said before strengthen my ability to time management. Although my co workers were friendly they was a lot of gossip between staff but it does teach you the ability to get along well with other and put your head down and just do your job.
Pros
Great shifts with option for over time
Cons
Gossip within staff
Great big company
Assistant Catering Manager at Bistro 438 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2015
Lots of room to grow if willing to be just like anyone else and follow big corporation rules. Every location is different with their own pros and cons, and management style
Fast paced , industrial
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 November 2015
Promoted to build and run this company from the ground up. Supporting the Industrial chrome plating industry for the GMC front and rear pick up truck bumpers.
Pros
Working with a good crew
Cons
Business closed because of a recession.
Great work environment, no room for growth within company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2015
I really enjoy working with this company, my team is great, my manager is a good smart man who has taught me a few things already since being with the company for a few months. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any room for growing within the company and as I would like to expand my knowledge and experience, I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for this opportunity.
Pros
Fun staff/coworkers, lunch accomodation
Cons
Not a big enough company to grow within
a fun place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 November 2015
a fun place to work, the co-workers were great to work with
i learnt alot about cleaning and safely take out garbage
the boss did not have any problem getting his hands dirty when we were behind on are dutys
Relaxing and engaging.
Mobile Floor Steward (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
We were contracted by Shell Oil and Gas to make sure that all mobile desks in the office were free of garbage and had all the appropriate networking cables so that employee's could work at the mobile desks without having to clean up after another person.
Pros
Low to No Supervision, Great pay.
Cons
Only night shifts, always after 5pm.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  university of calgary25 October 2015
great teamwork
worked as full-time
fun to work with coworkers
helpful coworkers
caring supervisor
helpful coworkers
have union
benefits
Cons
no employee discount on food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.