Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Accomodating of Student schedule
ASSISTANT MANAGER & BAKER (Current Employee), Peterborough Regional Helath CentreJanuary 18, 2014
Fast paced and demanding location with some layout challenges
Very good company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJanuary 14, 2014
I learned alot about a different kind of food service industry, as this is a cafeteria position that I was in. I loved my job, my co-workers, my boss and also the customers. Everyone is great to work with and fun and easy going. I love to cook so as long as that's what I'm doing, I'm happy. I'm responsible and work well with others.
full day eight hours with a one to hour lunch depending on how fast service went
retirement home lunch and dinner service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free meals coffee
Cons: contracts run out and are not being renewed lots of competion from other companies
very rewarding job very busy helps the day go fast very well organized company best job i had in many years!
Good work environment but poorly managed
Concession Clerk/Cashier and Beer Hawker (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 28, 2013
Pros: tips, convient work shifts
Cons: poor management
Sell beer in the stands in the Halifax Metro Centre. Hardest part of the job is dealing with inebriated fans and is also something I learned . Co-workers are great.
Chartwells sucks !,,,
Cook (Current Employee), CalgaryDecember 5, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: long hours that aren't paid for
They try to sell work life balance but such balance
They launch programs with out proper studies
Upper management and leadership lacks leadership
Excellent work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaDecember 3, 2013
Very productive, good learning curve.
Co-workers very cooperative
fun environment
Cashier, Server (Current Employee), ville St. LaurentNovember 14, 2013
Pros: very understanding bosses
I enjoy my boss, coworkers and colleagues.
Typical day of work was serving customers, filling orders, inventory, lunch prep.
Management and co-workers are amazing to work with and communication was always great.
I can't really say that I am ever presented with difficult tasks. I have never really worked in an environment that was difficult or hard. I make it a point to enjoy my job and colleagues, be a team player and present trust so that even there may be situations, solutions are always there.
Interesting and New Challenges
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers and residents
I enjoyed working here over all, it was a new challenge for me as i was not accustomed to working with residents of a long term care facility.
Good place to work. I am at the niagara college cafeteria.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Welland, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: like working with people
Cons: not enough hours a week and too many lay-offs when school is out make it hard to budget
It is like working an assembly line with food. I am working at the subway station at niagara college and I beleive every students are eating subs these days. My co-workers are pleasent and fun to work with. We work well as a team.I've learned safe handling of foods and to keep everything properly sanitized. The students are very pleasent and patient because the line-up for subway is always very long and we do our best to serve them pleasently and as quick as we can.
Good Place to work at
HSEQ Advisor, Employer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 20, 2013
Good place to gain some experience within the company, lots of chances to move up.
Productive, fun, fast paced, trying different food, diversity
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Different locationsOctober 7, 2013
Pros: having food at work
Cons: unpredictable hours
A typical day will start with manager labour and going to production line then to customer service. I have learned how to deal with workers and manage them on day to day basis.
share our success with other managers, building a respectful relationship.
The hardest part of the job was unpredictable long hours, load of work.
Trying new products and new recipes.
customer service
customer service general work (Current Employee), RCH royal colubian hospitalAugust 29, 2013
Pros: we bring our own food
Cons: 30mins break
fun to go work , I like my morning shift 6am to 2pm .
I learn to increase our sales to get more hours, over time .
The hardest part of the job is if the customer argues . but on the bright side I can deal with it and make the customers happy.

our contract with compass group is finishing in April 2014.
good place to work for people interaction
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), sherwood park albertaAugust 17, 2013
a typical day at work would be doing sales and customer service, i learned all of my management experience from this job.
Great employers, wonderful to work for.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 16, 2013
Pros: management, staff, advancement opportunites
Cons: salary, guaranteed hours
It was a pleasure to work for Compass Group Canada. Within a year there was opportunity for advancement. Management was extraordinary and welcoming. Downfalls included irregular shifts & pay due to on and off work.
CURRENT GOALS/ PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS
Camp attendant ESS (Former Employee), Mt MilliganAugust 4, 2013
I demonstrate a strong commitment in increasing productivity. I regularly produce a normal amount of work. I work at the pace expected for my position and I achieve most of my established goals.
Fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: had schedule at beginning of season, great tips, mingled with customers
Cons: staffing was inconsistent, lack of communication throughout company
Compass Group is seasonal for me. So when I was working there (when the Ivor Wynne Stadium was up) I was a shift supervisor. I would set up/clean my zone and prepare for customers. I learned that I work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment. I also learned that I am a good leader and deli gator. I normally had 2-3 people that I was in charge of managing for the duration of the shift. Making sure they were also on top of things, such as preparing food, making sure beverages were topped up and cleanliness and keeping busy. The hardest part of the job was that it was seasonal. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy of it.
Fast Paced, Attention to Detail
Supervisor/Dispatch Patient Transportation (Former Employee), St.john'sJuly 31, 2013
Very Busy but very enjoyable. Co-workers were awesome, but management failed to be there when needed.
Team based work environment, with a strong demand for customer satisfaction, and first class service.
Lounge Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: free meals, great pay, awesome customers.
Cons: poor work hours (evenings), no definite finish time, poor management of staff.
Working here provided me with customer relations experience through the handling of orders and responding to "special needs" individuals who may have had complaints and/or dietary limitations. I was in charge of a multitude of logs that ensured the highest standards were kept, as well as organizing them in a way that was convenient for fellow staff, management, and auditors. I enjoyed all of the time spent with customers, handling orders, as well as engaging in conversation to ensure that standards were kept, and the most enjoyable experience was obtained.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
CHEF (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: gaining job knowledge
Cons: not very close company
GOT TO WORK IN THE MORNING,CHECKED THE INVENTRY WHAT WAS REQUIRED.
PLANING AND GROUP DISCUSSION I LEARNT
MANAGEMENT AT TIMES BAISED
MY CO WORKERS WERE GOOD
TO SATISFY MANY BOSES
HARMONY AND COMPANY FEELINGS
Great company to work for
Line Cook and Prep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: long travel times
Hard working and love the fast pass that is required
Given me the chance to grow as a prof. in the field
Management is easy to work with and for
Co -works love working with me easy going and good at trouble shooting when need'
Travel time is the only part i find hard.
Love working with people and clients

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more