Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent workplace and dealing with the public
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Malton, OntarioFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: dealing with the public
Cons: not enough working hours
I have learned to work in a fast paced enviroment with great success and communication skills with the dealing with the public. My co-workers at Compass Group have been wonderful to work for. There is really no hard part of this just except that I do not have enough hours in my work week.
WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR
baker, front counter (Former Employee), oshawaFebruary 19, 2013
Cons: lack of training, poor management
Hired as a baker and only received 8 hours of training. Compass decided I wasn't suitable for baker position. Offered me front counter 4 hour training, then said I would only be an "on call" employee. Don't even apply for Compass if this is how they treat new employees!
AVOID THIS COMPANY
slub (Former Employee), oshawaeFebruary 18, 2013
Cons: compass group as a whole
Hired as a baker. Only got one. day
of training. Then considered not suitable for position. Trained for four hours on front counter. Then told not to come back until they
need me. Considered to be on an on call basis.
All new to me and I enjoy new challenges.
Factory Cleaner (Current Employee), Alliston, Ont.February 18, 2013
Pros: free trraining
Cons: pay is too little
I love going to work I am a full time cleaner but there are days that we are short staffed and I get to fill in. There is nothing that I do not like about this job.

This was a totally different experience for me and I really enjoy it.
Not recommended
Hospitality Associate - Victoria General Hospital (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: long hours, management priorities, pay discrepancies
The job itself is easy to complete, once you learn it you know how to do it efficiently, however, this causes your time to drag on and feel mundane, management nit picks at you continually, the co workers are amazing and talking with them is always a joy, the lack of support at times causes a stressful day, but the smiles you put on the people you come – more... in contact with makes the day go by. – less
Productive and Fun!
Graphics Designer (Former Employee), canadaFebruary 10, 2013
Compass Group Canada, one of the country’s leading foodservice and support services companies has acquired the assets of Nova Services Group Inc., a Toronto based dietary, environmental and janitorial services company. Nova Services becomes a member of Compass Group Canada and will continue to operate under the Nova Services brand name.
Productive and fun
Graphics Designer (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 10, 2013
Younger students benefit
Cashier/Booth Leader (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Compass is a great place to start your first part time job. They hire quite often and the hours are quite reasonable for a student in high school.
good workplace
fast food worker (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: alright hours
Cons: a bit hot at times
it was a good workplace, friendly enviorment, and good management
Productive and fast paced work place.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Iroquois Falls, ONJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: free food and awesome co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day included cleaning, preparing and serving food to customers. I received the required health and safety training. My co-workers were all awesome and easy to get along with.
Very friendly company to work for
Heavy Duty Cleaner (Current Employee), London OntarioDecember 14, 2012
i dont see the need for all the negative reviews i've seen so far, ive been with Compass Canada for almost a year and havent felt more welcomed in a job. (not to mention--needed; which is alwaays nice to know)
when you're to the point in your occupation where, you can be replaced, but you;re company / client is going to try everything in their power – more... to keep you -- then , you KNOW you;re where you need to be.
co-workers ? awesome. friendly and laid back
management ? could be a little perked up but they try their hardest for how long theyve been here..
most enjoyable ? knowing how much of an impact my job/ abilities do for the client and people around me during my time at work.
hardest part of my job .. ? driving floor machine :) [ no big

yes, i am a heavy-duty cleaner. not kitchen help, as you would assume ... – less

January 24, 2013

Not sure who you work under, but where I work, the company lies, cheats,steals and cripples their employees. Sure, fellow employees are awesome, but Hitler looks like an angel compared to the Company I worked for., The company I worked for only cares about profit and nothing else, theydo not care about the needs of the patients or their employees.

Fun Job
Receptionist-Admin- Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga OnNovember 30, 2012
Pros: free time
Cons: long hours --8 am to 5 pm not flexible
A typical day for me is Phonecalls--Property Management for issues within the office-Couriers-Mail. Just a very busy day for me. I have a little free time off an on. My Boss throws all the work on me since i have shown how capable i am.She is never in a good mood.The hardest part of my job is getting nasty phone calls but still being nice on the phone.I – more... love Meeting and greeting clients who come come. I love helping anyone with their work. Almost everyone come to me for help for work or some issue in the office. – less
Do not work at Compass
Management (Former Employee), BCNovember 29, 2012
Cons: company ethics, moral compass, management
Poor management. Bottom line more important then anyones life or job. This is a good place to start a Union. They consider building technicians as Facility Managers? Playing with titles to pay less. You will never find another job in the industry as an FM. Terrible hrs, no life balance. Can't hold client contracts.
fun to work with the students and for the students enjoy the hollidays to see how they would dress up everytime
Supervisor (Former Employee), Amherst, NSNovember 21, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: storm days, too many
love the fast paste, love to keep busy. I learned a lot about management with this job. I had a good staff that were there for many years too. We were a good team. When something was to break down i had to try and fix it myself. I was always running really enjoy being busy.

January 24, 2013

Did you work in a hospital?

I worked serving alcholic beverages.
BEER/LIQUOR BARTENDER (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 19, 2012
When I arrived I would first get the cash float for the day, count it & sign for it.
Then when I arrived at my station I would have to count all the different wine or liquior bottle & sign off for the counts.
When the doors opened for service I would serve the customers.
At the closing of the day I would then count & record what was sold from or inventory. – more... As well I would have to count the money in the till & balance with the money room. – less
Always a fun place to work
HR Recruiter/Social Media Trainer (Former Employee), Burnaby BCNovember 7, 2012
I received a lot of great training from both my Manager and the in house workshops that were provided for me.

January 24, 2013

I doubt you working in a hospital as a housekeeper!

Beware of this company
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 29, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: long hours, useless management
Seems like a great job when you get hired but once you are in you will see reality. This company would make a great episode for Undercover Boss. Co-workers are awesome, management NOT so awesome. Pay is okay if you don't mind having to constantly submit paperwork for hours worked and not paid for. Staff is bitter and always complaining. Go to McDonalds – more... for a job if you want to be respected and valued. – less

January 24, 2013

I am in total agreement. I worked under the private contractor in healthcare. This company does not care about the patients or their employees. They care about profit and profit only. THe patients, workers have all suffered for it.

Fun Light Environment Workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: free lunch, pool table, easy work
Cons: long hours
It was early mornings having to cook and serve Breakfast and cooking all day until dinner. As a student of George Brown it was basics in terms of food but developed better communication and pace of work. Strong management and daily work was great and involved fun working environment as well. Co workers were happy with what they did and easy going, and – more... were able to play pool during our break. Hardest part of the Job was dealing with particular customers and the long hours will get to you some days. It was fun anything to do with working with food, I'm enjoying it. – less
Big company with very good benefits and health plan.
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Company is good and maybe one of the best but the management discreminate staff and not treated fairly.

January 24, 2013

Free Lunch??? The Compass I worked for did not and has not supplied a Christmas Dinner for the staff that was working Christmas Day.. This was humiliating while the non-compass workers of the hospital all got Christmas Dinner in the cafeteria paid by the hospital.

January 24, 2013

Wages are way below a "Living Wage" The privitization in Hospitals under Compass, for housekeepers are way below what housekeepers are getting that are not privitized, a difference of $5.00 an hour. Yet, they do the same work. They work with infectious diseases, clean up feces, vomit,etc. The non-privitized housekeepers get $5.00 an hour more in apy and good benefits, more sick time (which is a necessity in healthcare). Where I worked there is discrimination, bullying and harrassment. They make Hitler look like an Angel.

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more