Compass Group Employee Reviews

I loved cooking for this company!
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 12, 2015
Everyday was something different for me, from cooking to dealing with the front grill to dealing with the Starbucks station and cash. My boss at this time was a lot of fun an a awesome person!
Terrible management. Do not work here.
Tim Horton's general worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, OntarioOctober 6, 2015
The management lacked leadership, trustworthiness, and empathy. Terrible workplace environment. The managers lie a lot and are very lazy. The only good thing aboit this job are the benefits. Do not work here.
Pros
Union job, free lunches (Kind of)
Cons
Terrible managers, mean staff, dirty environment, horrible hours.
Not a great company to work for
Food Prep, Serve, Cleaning, Dishes (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NSOctober 2, 2015
I have worked for Compass Group for 6 years . No advancement in the company in my area. No seniority when available jobs should be posted for all employee's to be able to apply for in house positions not to be given to another employee automatically
Pros
Cons
no job advancement
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
productive
Contracted Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 23, 2015
clock in and start working from organizing the fridges to cooking meals for the students and proper sanitation cleaning tables dishes the work place areas ect
Great co-workers
Dishwasher &Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Toronto MuseumSeptember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed performing my duties. I appreciated all the support from my co-workers. I was very dedicated to my position and always performed to the best of my ability.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Taking out garbage
enjoyable work enviroment,good people to work with
Assistant Cafeteria Supervisor Ajax High School (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 21, 2015
enjoy working with current staff. The most rewarding aspect is working with colleagues as a team. A lot of variety on a day to day basis
Pros
testing and experitmenting with new meal ideas
Cons
no room to grow
A great companay to work for..my job is never boring..always changing depending on the day and the students I serve
High School Cafeteria Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Essex CountyAugust 17, 2015
Compass has been the best place for me to work..working with teenagers keeps you on your toes...Work alone at the unit , but have managed units with part time employees..just an over all great experience..have learned so much from Compass over the years
Pros
Solid reputable company to work for..
Cons
after 20 yrs..can't think of any
Productive and dynamic
Food Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara CollegeAugust 3, 2015
Great atmosphere for growth and conductivity in the college sector. Great management interaction at all levels. Lots of room to develop new skills.
line cook
Kitchen Helper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 14, 2015
served client, do breakfast , diner and lunch. I learn how to cook in this company.The hardest part of the job was when you have a rush you need to go really fast.
Very busy organization!
Director of Food and Beverage Services, (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 1, 2015
Great staff to work with. Incredibly busy company that continues to grow. Hours can be tough, but company allows for entrepreneurship.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 30, 2015
Management very good. Daily log check and payroll hours. Unfortunately losing a contract I was unable to stay. People their were great to work with.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Downsizing
great fast-paced job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BCJune 14, 2015
this job was very fast paced and very demanding. it was very long and exhausting hours. coworkers were very fun to be around, everyone there loved to have fun.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
long exhausting hours, far location
Worked at several locations
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 7, 2015
Larger company will to transfer and accomodate staff when thtey could. Different experience each place I went.

Overall enjoyed the company
Productive and fun
Dietary Aid and Cook's Helper (Current Employee) –  Langley, B.CMay 31, 2015
Compass Group is a productive place. I learnt a lot of things about food safety. I learnt things about different types of diets.
Poor Corporate Management leadership
Chef (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMay 23, 2015
All corporate management from Regional Managers in Western Canada and higher have their own interests at heart. Integrity at its worst.
Pros
nada
Cons
endless
Fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 17, 2015
Extremely busy/fast paced work environment. However, people call in sick all the time, and at some point it gets really hard to work in a constant busy place with less co workers, but you can't always blame them for not coming in, the work itself it very tiring if you're doing a full time job. Most times it feels like the management is not going a great job finding enough workers, or getting their workers the benefits they need/deserves, otherwise the managers are very friendly.
fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morrison, QCMay 15, 2015
The work place is very busy with thousands of customers to be served everyday. Work environment is very comfortable, with lots of space. Co- workers are very friendly and becomes a big family.

I have learned many aspects of handling customers here, angry customers, customers with disabilities, positive interaction with customers simultaneously keeping up with the work pace.

Management is very amiable.They listen to yours problems and try their best to solve them.

The hardest part of the job is spending prolonged period of hours to service customers.It gets incredibly busy at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having to meet your co workers who have become good friends and also getting to meet regular customers.
Pros
provides wide range of food items to eat with less money.
Cons
Somedays it gets vert busy.
fun workplace
cleaning (Former Employee) –  vancouverMay 14, 2015
Good and famous company
Beautiful work with this company
Dealing well with workers
.............................................
Not recommended
Kitchen Staff / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North YorkMay 13, 2015
Very unpleasant work place as well as bad management and staff; I won't recommend it to anyone.
You will be standing on your feet for over 8 hours of the day as well as the break and lunch some times you force to not take them as it is very busy and always short staff to save salaries.