Compass Group

Compass Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
okay company, but very cheap
housing (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayMay 22, 2014
Pros: free food, good facilities
Cons: management sometimes takes themself too seriously
Camp job is OKAY. The company pays below the industry standard, and we work 20 days on and 8 off. We have had maybe 5-10 new managers a year for the last 5 years. The company is cheap, if they paid us maybe $10,000 a year more, and gave us a 18-10 schedule, they would retain employees. Bosses seem to think we should have a lot of company pride, but we are making a third the money they are.
Poor management, no actual on site training.
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 20, 2014
The management changed my hours 3 times after promising me certain hours in the first week. I was not properly trained, just told to shadow someone else and the few people that I shadowed all had extremely different ways of doing their job.
Unique work environment full of opportunity
Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2014
Pros: growth & learning opportunities
Cons: long hours
- minimum 10 days hours, but usually always put in overtime.
- with my position I usually got to set my own work hours. During my time there I managed the retail department I sometimes would start working at 6am and then have to go back in at 11pm.
- typically early mornings; 6 or 7am start
- very busy environment, every day brought a new challenge, so lots of problem solving
great place to work and learn while in school
cook (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie OntarioApril 22, 2014
to be honest I love what I do and want to learn more but chartwells/compass group has no advancement opportunities for me and it is only during the school year when I work for them.
Relaxed Friendly Environment
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), 500 Victoria St. West, Whitby Ontario L1N 9G4April 5, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, flexiable hours
Cons: seasonal shifts
-Was able to maintain a good work to personal life balance
-Had flexible hours
-Developed cashier training
-Learned inventory controls
-Enjoyed working with such friendly customers, management & staff
Individuals are treated as replaceable regardless of their contribution to the workplace
Retail Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Very difficult to manage work-life balance; most days were 10 to 12 hourse long but you only get paid for 8.
Staff and management turnover is very high.
Director and District Manager do not offer support, you are required to figure things out for yourself then are disciplined if your decision was the wrong one.
Unfair treatment of unit managers e.g. gave one manager three weeks off but another one was refused.
Love my job
Stand Supervisor (Current Employee), hamilton, onMarch 12, 2014
Love the environment and people I work with. It's not very often I come home in a bad mood after work.
Very faced paced working enviroment
Executive Chef (Former Employee), University HospitalMarch 10, 2014
Prepared foor for 7 different outlets, food was trucked out.
Job is not fun , is good selary,
Camp Attendant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
10 hours ,some over time, shift at night, , all management, co workers very happy all my works have done.
Very physical work working in a cafeteria
Cafeteria Worker/Bartender (Former Employee), Ridgetown onFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours
I learned to do kitchen work, assist students with their meals,did work in the bar for banquets and and pubs and other functions
Independant outdoors work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: work outdoors
Cons: weather wasnt always the best
I enjoyed being able to spend all day outdoors. I was trained on operating snow removal equipment and compactor. I disliked the early days. I worked by myself so it was a bit boring.
A Productive enviroment
Administration/Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Bowmanville OntarioJanuary 25, 2014
Fast paced environments.
Hard working team members.
I enjoyed going the extra mile for customers.
Too much work to do in 7.5 hours
Hospital Housekeeper (Former Employee), VictoriaJanuary 25, 2014
Each person has an area to cover and clean, there is not enough people to clean the areas, one person is suppose to clean 64 different size rooms including bathrooms in 7hrs how are you suppose to clean properly.
Accomodating of Student schedule
ASSISTANT MANAGER & BAKER (Current Employee), Peterborough Regional Helath CentreJanuary 18, 2014
Fast paced and demanding location with some layout challenges
Very good company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJanuary 14, 2014
I learned alot about a different kind of food service industry, as this is a cafeteria position that I was in. I loved my job, my co-workers, my boss and also the customers. Everyone is great to work with and fun and easy going. I love to cook so as long as that's what I'm doing, I'm happy. I'm responsible and work well with others.
full day eight hours with a one to hour lunch depending on how fast service went
retirement home lunch and dinner service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free meals coffee
Cons: contracts run out and are not being renewed lots of competion from other companies
very rewarding job very busy helps the day go fast very well organized company best job i had in many years!
Good work environment but poorly managed
Concession Clerk/Cashier and Beer Hawker (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 28, 2013
Pros: tips, convient work shifts
Cons: poor management
Sell beer in the stands in the Halifax Metro Centre. Hardest part of the job is dealing with inebriated fans and is also something I learned . Co-workers are great.
Chartwells sucks !,,,
Cook (Current Employee), CalgaryDecember 5, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: long hours that aren't paid for
They try to sell work life balance but such balance
They launch programs with out proper studies
Upper management and leadership lacks leadership
Excellent work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaDecember 3, 2013
Very productive, good learning curve.
Co-workers very cooperative
fun environment
Cashier, Server (Current Employee), ville St. LaurentNovember 14, 2013
Pros: very understanding bosses
I enjoy my boss, coworkers and colleagues.
Typical day of work was serving customers, filling orders, inventory, lunch prep.
Management and co-workers are amazing to work with and communication was always great.
I can't really say that I am ever presented with difficult tasks. I have never really worked in an environment that was difficult or hard. I make it a point to enjoy my job and colleagues, be a team player and present trust so that even there may be situations, solutions are always there.

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more