Compass Group Employee Reviews

productive always on the move
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2016
You always have something to do non stop business. The people are wonderful. I learned that anything is possible and you gotta keep trying for what you want.
Varied work experience to broaden skills
Business Transformation Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 July 2016
The Business Transformation team at Compass Group Canada was a very fast paced and active team, always trying to make the business run smoother with advanced technology. Every project that was introduced varied from creating apps to implementing new business intelligence, giving employees a very broad range of experience.
Very busy and challenging
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2016
Good job. Lots of management turnover. Not a stable job.
No room to advance. Management was very closed minded because of the turnover. Co-workers were wonderful. Hardest part of the job was no communication between managers and employees. Most enjoyable part of job was the people I worked with and dealt with.
Pros
Wonderful employees
Cons
No advancement
Awful Place to work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2016
I was working at compass group and was bullied by the manager.

I had multiple staff members and customers complain about the manager.

I even filed a complaint with the supervisor.

Shortly after my complaint I was fired for being late with no warning.

I have yet to receive my final pay (~$700) and the manager and her boss both refuse to return my emails and ignore my request for pay.

I am going to the Ontario Ministry of Labor to deal with the situation.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile Workplace
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  21 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr,7 June 2016
We have a really energetic and young professional in our team who keep serving at their best and customers always leave with a big smile.
exciting and energetic environment
Operations Manager, Simon Fraser University (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 June 2016
Every day provides a new opportunity to try something creative in order to meet the extremely quickly-changing needs on the campus. Whether it's a pop-BBQ to take advantage of some good weather, or a special menu for the President's Office, the possibilities are endless.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help each outlet manager develop, and help them to develop their teams, growing them into future unit managers themselves.
The challenge is to always be on top of upcoming dates of events all over the campus and anticipate the needs of each unit to deliver the service needed.
Less than perfect, greedy company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 June 2016
This company values money over their employees. It doesn't take long working there to figure that out. Constantly understaffed and lack of equipment to do the job.
Pros
better than minimum wage
Cons
horribly managed
Hostile With no job security.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
Did not feel welcome or heard about any concerns that I had. No support from upper management. Over all one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Productive and fun
Food Handler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
learned a lot of things in terms of long term care. I meet a different kinds of people that made me grow in terms of social aspect, handling busy workplace. I like when people get to acknowledge new ideas when there are changes in the workplace.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long hours, Sunday morning shift
Chartwells Food Service
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2016
Great workplace, Great people, all in all an amazing experience. Working with a diverse group of people was great. The best part of the job was coming into work and serving new customers and also connecting with them.
Pros
diversity
Productive easy and fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Great hours start early in the morning 6:30 am.
All ATB Financial customers and guests were extremely fun to serve. It did not seem like a typical shift work job. Nothing about the job was difficult and most enjoyable was the fun atmosphere and great clients and customers.
Pros
Free Starbucks drink once a day.
Cons
Working alone only interactions was with customers.
A positive workplace
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC1 May 2016
- management: and the begging it was okay and after words it wasnt going to well, not well organized, cutting off the workers, and hours

-co-worker: some are nice and friendly, and few are behind your back and saying things to superior witch nothing has prove..

-the hardest part of the job is when you need help theirs no helpers your alone

the most enjoyable part the job is when the shift is over and theirs no complains
Decent place to work, poor pay
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
Regular employees are barely minimum wage, and senior managers are not compensated fairly.

Advancement is only lateral, in both duties and pay. Only few jobs are ever available at corporate office.
Pros
not too hard, lots of special events
Cons
paid lunches, up/down hours, job title not accurate
Great Comapny
HSEQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 April 2016
Great Company to work for, great team dynamic, positive culture, and great work life balance. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Fun work place working as a team to build a better experience
Starbucks Barista, Burnaby SFU (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 April 2016
Full time employee as a barista in a fast paced and high stress store. I learned how communication is key when working as a team. I used to supervise the closing shifts full time for around a year. Management was difficult to deal with, there was no room for advancement and they never listened or addressed their employees concerns.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Upper management and their lack of concern for employees
Cultue
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2016
Good working culture. Great team environment. Several management change. Diverse recruiting practice. High volume and can be demanding at times but it is a large food service company.
Pros
Great for foodies
Chef supervisor
Chef Superivor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 March 2016
Lack of training that was promised upon hire and and no support from staff or management. Allowed buliies to continue working and the victim quit. There is no consistent work ethics policy and procedure are only being followed by those that the company wants to try get rid of.
Pros
Cons
No adequate training or consistent training for all staff lack of respect from staff
very strict and performance based
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2016
unfortunately the company is more interested in revenue aspect only of the operations and wants nothing to to with personal growth and development
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
My typical day working was Sweep, mop and wash floors

o Dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture.

o Wash and dry clothes, fold then distribute to specific patrons.
Pros
The seniors centre were nice place to work
Cons
to much work for 1 persone to do
Absolutely ridiculous
Housekeeper at a Long Term Living Facility (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 March 2016
The pay is always short, the hours are complete bs. They tell you it's a part time job, it's actually a casual. They have the absolute worst management and are simply disorganized.
I do not recommend working for this company.
Cons
All lies, no management, pay is wrong wveyr pay cheque.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.