Compass Group Employee Reviews

very strict and performance based
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2016
unfortunately the company is more interested in revenue aspect only of the operations and wants nothing to to with personal growth and development
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  21 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr,June 7, 2016
We have a really energetic and young professional in our team who keep serving at their best and customers always leave with a big smile.
Hostile With no job security.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Did not feel welcome or heard about any concerns that I had. No support from upper management. Over all one of the worst places I have ever worked.
I really enjoyed working in food services
caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
My typical day was working from 8:00 am to 4:00pm
I learned how to work in a team
My co-workers were very good hardworking people
Pros
Nice team of people
Cons
Heavy lifting
Fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 17, 2015
Extremely busy/fast paced work environment. However, people call in sick all the time, and at some point it gets really hard to work in a constant busy place with less co workers, but you can't always blame them for not coming in, the work itself it very tiring if you're doing a full time job. Most times it feels like the management is not going a great job finding enough workers, or getting their workers the benefits they need/deserves, otherwise the managers are very friendly.
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
My typical day working was Sweep, mop and wash floors

o Dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture.

o Wash and dry clothes, fold then distribute to specific patrons.
Pros
The seniors centre were nice place to work
Cons
to much work for 1 persone to do
Excitng,challenging environment
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 13, 2016
It is a very challenging environment working for the client. It is never a dull moment and love the excitement that every day brings.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
away from home for 20 days at a time
interesting and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
its a great environment to work in. It had its challenges of not enough hours and some out of order employees but it was a really great place to work. Some of the management personnel are very hard to work with but some were really cool.
Pros
free lunch and snack is available an d it was also unionized
Cons
hours were not enough
Great Comapny
HSEQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Great Company to work for, great team dynamic, positive culture, and great work life balance. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Fun workplace because of different faces daily and coworkers.
Customer Service Ambassador. (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Marquise customer is for those who are transiting through jobs or to have temporary work while going to school or working elsewhere. I have been employed here for the last 5 years and salary and pay raises are not up to expectations. Living in an expensive city such as Vancouver, minimum pay is not cutting it. However, coworkers and helping each other interact with thousands of passengers daily is the reward.
Pros
free parking, medical benefits.
Cons
pay, hours, vacations, management.
Great big company
Assistant Catering Manager at Bistro 438 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2015
Lots of room to grow if willing to be just like anyone else and follow big corporation rules. Every location is different with their own pros and cons, and management style
was a fun plce to work great co-workers
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCOctober 14, 2015
when i worked at the Civic Centre in Prince George for this company I worked very hard and long hours to make very little money so i left that job and looking for another job
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours without good pay
Great work environment, no room for growth within company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
I really enjoy working with this company, my team is great, my manager is a good smart man who has taught me a few things already since being with the company for a few months. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any room for growing within the company and as I would like to expand my knowledge and experience, I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for this opportunity.
Pros
Fun staff/coworkers, lunch accomodation
Cons
Not a big enough company to grow within
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  university of calgaryOctober 25, 2015
great teamwork
worked as full-time
fun to work with coworkers
helpful coworkers
caring supervisor
helpful coworkers
have union
benefits
Cons
no employee discount on food
Not a great company to work for
Food Prep, Serve, Cleaning, Dishes (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NSOctober 2, 2015
I have worked for Compass Group for 6 years . No advancement in the company in my area. No seniority when available jobs should be posted for all employee's to be able to apply for in house positions not to be given to another employee automatically
Pros
Cons
no job advancement
long hours unfair wages
Manager/Cook (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, OntarioJuly 12, 2014
WAke up at 3am go in to work off the clock to get all meals prepared for the day and caterings that are needed for that day. Will not pay over time but expect all work to be done. Iam manager, order all foods for the work, do all paperwork, cook, serve customers, all for almost minimum wage. The hardest part of the job is knowing that they want all work done, but do not want to pay for an employee that wants to provide quality food, keep standards up and complete all tasks each day. The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing how much the customers appreciate the new menus and food they are paying for and I bring them that happiness.
benefits
Cons
very long hours unpaid for
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 3, 2013
I was a Customer Service Representative for Chartwells Canada at the UTM campus. On a daily basis I was in charge of answering questions regarding store and products, while maintaining knowledge of current sales and store promotions. Additionally some of my responsibilities included marketing new products and promotions, ensuring that food and service quality was met, and working as a team memeber with my co-workers. I really enjoyed the daily interaction with students and customers. Whether it was a minute problem or a major situation, I enjoyed working with people.
Pros
free lunches, daily interactions with customers
Cons
standing on your feet for long hours
fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morrison, QCMay 15, 2015
The work place is very busy with thousands of customers to be served everyday. Work environment is very comfortable, with lots of space. Co- workers are very friendly and becomes a big family.

I have learned many aspects of handling customers here, angry customers, customers with disabilities, positive interaction with customers simultaneously keeping up with the work pace.

Management is very amiable.They listen to yours problems and try their best to solve them.

The hardest part of the job is spending prolonged period of hours to service customers.It gets incredibly busy at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having to meet your co workers who have become good friends and also getting to meet regular customers.
Pros
provides wide range of food items to eat with less money.
Cons
Somedays it gets vert busy.
Great Management, Great Atmosphere/Service Culture
Supervisor / Server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Opening the restaurant was made easy by the G.M. because everything was easily accessible and kept very tidy. The patrons of the restaurant were very friendly and rarely needed to be approached but attendance to them in a timely manner was the only hard part of the job because there were so many of them at times. The co-workers I had were extremely bright and hard working; there was rarely a job left undone by the end of the night which made closing up that much easier. The only bit of frustration would come when tournaments were held in the adjoining arenas which could create a downpour of customers of up to 200 with only 3-4 servers and 2-3 cooks on duty. Needless to say this was also amazing in its own way because that meant very little splitting of the tips we earned. Personally, I was advance several times to the second to the top position of the location with 14 months of work because as long as you could show potential and work hard, advancements were made ready.
Pros
quick advancements, great people all around, good way to make money quickly
Cons
slow times in the off season, busy rushes at (sometimes) unexpected times