Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace because of different faces daily and coworkers.
Customer Service Ambassador. (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: free parking, medical benefits.
Cons: pay, hours, vacations, management.
Marquise customer is for those who are transiting through jobs or to have temporary work while going to school or working elsewhere. I have been employed here for the last 5 years and salary and pay raises are not up to expectations. Living in an expensive city such as Vancouver, minimum pay is not cutting it. However, coworkers and helping each other – more... interact with thousands of passengers daily is the reward. – less
Great people in place
Executive Chef/Manager (Current Employee), EdmontonJune 10, 2014
Solid company with high end managers throughout. Dedicated to the customer and employee with various initiatives.
fun
Chef/ Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 8, 2014
looked after everyday things
baking lunch
sandwiches salads
Great Atmosphere
HOUSING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fort MacKay, AlbertaJune 3, 2014
Pros: free meals and living.
Cons: long hours (10-12 hours per shift 20 days straight)
A typical day at work was filled with different tasks from checking guests in and out of camp rooms, to reporting and taking phone calls. I learned how to navigate several new computer programs, various computer skills and office related tasks. I worked with wonderful people, who I will cherish as friends for years to come. The hardest part of the job – more... was the various shifts I was working, and being across the country/away from my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I met new people every single day. We checked up to hundreds of guests in per day, and several different companies from various places stayed in our camps. – less
compass group
General Help (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 27, 2014
I had a all around terrible experience here.
Mostly to do with Management, who afterward was let go due to attitude among many other reasons
okay company, but very cheap
housing (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayMay 22, 2014
Pros: free food, good facilities
Cons: management sometimes takes themself too seriously
Camp job is OKAY. The company pays below the industry standard, and we work 20 days on and 8 off. We have had maybe 5-10 new managers a year for the last 5 years. The company is cheap, if they paid us maybe $10,000 a year more, and gave us a 18-10 schedule, they would retain employees. Bosses seem to think we should have a lot of company pride, but – more... we are making a third the money they are. – less
Poor management, no actual on site training.
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 20, 2014
The management changed my hours 3 times after promising me certain hours in the first week. I was not properly trained, just told to shadow someone else and the few people that I shadowed all had extremely different ways of doing their job.
Unique work environment full of opportunity
Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2014
Pros: growth & learning opportunities
Cons: long hours
- minimum 10 days hours, but usually always put in overtime.
- with my position I usually got to set my own work hours. During my time there I managed the retail department I sometimes would start working at 6am and then have to go back in at 11pm.
- typically early mornings; 6 or 7am start
- very busy environment, every day brought a new challenge, – more... so lots of problem solving – less
great place to work and learn while in school
cook (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie OntarioApril 22, 2014
to be honest I love what I do and want to learn more but chartwells/compass group has no advancement opportunities for me and it is only during the school year when I work for them.
Relaxed Friendly Environment
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), 500 Victoria St. West, Whitby Ontario L1N 9G4April 5, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, flexiable hours
Cons: seasonal shifts
-Was able to maintain a good work to personal life balance
-Had flexible hours
-Developed cashier training
-Learned inventory controls
-Enjoyed working with such friendly customers, management & staff
Individuals are treated as replaceable regardless of their contribution to the workplace
Retail Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Very difficult to manage work-life balance; most days were 10 to 12 hourse long but you only get paid for 8.
Staff and management turnover is very high.
Director and District Manager do not offer support, you are required to figure things out for yourself then are disciplined if your decision was the wrong one.
Unfair treatment of unit managers e.g. – more... gave one manager three weeks off but another one was refused. – less
Love my job
Stand Supervisor (Current Employee), hamilton, onMarch 12, 2014
Love the environment and people I work with. It's not very often I come home in a bad mood after work.
Very faced paced working enviroment
Executive Chef (Former Employee), University HospitalMarch 10, 2014
Prepared foor for 7 different outlets, food was trucked out.
Job is not fun , is good selary,
Camp Attendant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
10 hours ,some over time, shift at night, , all management, co workers very happy all my works have done.
Very physical work working in a cafeteria
Cafeteria Worker/Bartender (Former Employee), Ridgetown onFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours
I learned to do kitchen work, assist students with their meals,did work in the bar for banquets and and pubs and other functions
Independant outdoors work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: work outdoors
Cons: weather wasnt always the best
I enjoyed being able to spend all day outdoors. I was trained on operating snow removal equipment and compactor. I disliked the early days. I worked by myself so it was a bit boring.
A Productive enviroment
Administration/Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Bowmanville OntarioJanuary 25, 2014
Fast paced environments.
Hard working team members.
I enjoyed going the extra mile for customers.
Too much work to do in 7.5 hours
Hospital Housekeeper (Former Employee), VictoriaJanuary 25, 2014
Each person has an area to cover and clean, there is not enough people to clean the areas, one person is suppose to clean 64 different size rooms including bathrooms in 7hrs how are you suppose to clean properly.
Accomodating of Student schedule
ASSISTANT MANAGER & BAKER (Current Employee), Peterborough Regional Helath CentreJanuary 18, 2014
Fast paced and demanding location with some layout challenges
Very good company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJanuary 14, 2014
I learned alot about a different kind of food service industry, as this is a cafeteria position that I was in. I loved my job, my co-workers, my boss and also the customers. Everyone is great to work with and fun and easy going. I love to cook so as long as that's what I'm doing, I'm happy. I'm responsible and work well with others.

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more