Compass Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment, no room for growth within company
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Fun staff/coworkers, lunch accomodation
Cons: Not a big enough company to grow within
I really enjoy working with this company, my team is great, my manager is a good smart man who has taught me a few things already since being with the company for a few months. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any room for growing within the company and as I would like to expand my knowledge and experience, I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for this opportunity.
a fun place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 3, 2015
a fun place to work, the co-workers were great to work with
i learnt alot about cleaning and safely take out garbage
the boss did not have any problem getting his hands dirty when we were behind on are dutys
Relaxing and engaging.
Mobile Floor Steward (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Low to No Supervision, Great pay.
Cons: Only night shifts, always after 5pm.
We were contracted by Shell Oil and Gas to make sure that all mobile desks in the office were free of garbage and had all the appropriate networking cables so that employee's could work at the mobile desks without having to clean up after another person.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), university of calgaryOctober 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no employee discount on food
great teamwork
worked as full-time
fun to work with coworkers
helpful coworkers
caring supervisor
helpful coworkers
have union
Was fun
Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2015
I only work a couple of months but was a good experience. The manager and my supervisor was a great person and the custumers too.
Steady employment with benefits working with food and youth :)
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Orillia OntarioOctober 21, 2015
For the most part this was an excellent position to fill. Very demanding some days but very rewarding to know that one customer's day could change with a smile and a purchase of a cookie!!
Fun
Kitchen Manager / Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 21, 2015
Pros: working with children and public
Cons: none for me
Great supervisor variety of work
If business is slow the hours are cut
Always busy, but time flies by
If a floater, you meet new people
interesting and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch and snack is available an d it was also unionized
Cons: hours were not enough
its a great environment to work in. It had its challenges of not enough hours and some out of order employees but it was a really great place to work. Some of the management personnel are very hard to work with but some were really cool.
the hardest part of the job
Compass Group (Christenson Communities) (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABOctober 18, 2015
I have no problem with the co-workers nor the environment at the workplace at all. In my case as a dietary-aide it is a fulfilling job to serve nutritious food to the elderly people. The only thing that I don't like about the company is I feel like there's no stability and growth as they are very limited in terms of options and opportunity. In my example in my case I've been working there for more than a year and have not increase my hourly rate yet 'till now, no review, I've been working split shifts sometimes and the average hours are not regular every week. I asked if there's any opportunity for a full-time position and there's none but lot of part-time people in the same position. My guess is they are trying to avoid giving benefits that is why they don't like to give me full-time position.
Routines workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 15, 2015
Pros: One hour break time
Cons: No life-wok balance
Not challenge at all, every day routine and dealing with same people such as coo-workers, client, and customers. Most important part of the job was learning new topics about Health and Safety, Ant - bulling and harassment workplace.
was a fun plce to work great co-workers
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Prince George, BCOctober 14, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: long hours without good pay
when i worked at the Civic Centre in Prince George for this company I worked very hard and long hours to make very little money so i left that job and looking for another job
I loved cooking for this company!
Head Chef (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 12, 2015
Everyday was something different for me, from cooking to dealing with the front grill to dealing with the Starbucks station and cash. My boss at this time was a lot of fun an a awesome person!
Terrible management. Do not work here.
Tim Horton's general worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, OntarioOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Union job, free lunches (Kind of)
Cons: Terrible managers, mean staff, dirty environment, horrible hours.
The management lacked leadership, trustworthiness, and empathy. Terrible workplace environment. The managers lie a lot and are very lazy. The only good thing aboit this job are the benefits. Do not work here.
Not a great company to work for
Food Prep, Serve, Cleaning, Dishes (Current Employee), Windsor, NSOctober 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no job advancement
I have worked for Compass Group for 6 years . No advancement in the company in my area. No seniority when available jobs should be posted for all employee's to be able to apply for in house positions not to be given to another employee automatically
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Great environment to work in.
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
productive
Contracted Service Worker (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 23, 2015
clock in and start working from organizing the fridges to cooking meals for the students and proper sanitation cleaning tables dishes the work place areas ect
Great co-workers
Dishwasher &Kitchen Help (Former Employee), Toronto MuseumSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: Always busy
Cons: Taking out garbage
I really enjoyed performing my duties. I appreciated all the support from my co-workers. I was very dedicated to my position and always performed to the best of my ability.
enjoyable work enviroment,good people to work with
Assistant Cafeteria Supervisor Ajax High School (Current Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: testing and experitmenting with new meal ideas
Cons: no room to grow
enjoy working with current staff. The most rewarding aspect is working with colleagues as a team. A lot of variety on a day to day basis
A great companay to work for..my job is never boring..always changing depending on the day and the students I serve
High School Cafeteria Supervisor (Current Employee), Essex CountyAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Solid reputable company to work for..
Cons: after 20 yrs..can't think of any
Compass has been the best place for me to work..working with teenagers keeps you on your toes...Work alone at the unit , but have managed units with part time employees..just an over all great experience..have learned so much from Compass over the years
Productive and dynamic
Food Services Manager (Current Employee), Niagara CollegeAugust 3, 2015
Great atmosphere for growth and conductivity in the college sector. Great management interaction at all levels. Lots of room to develop new skills.
Headquarters