Compass Group Employee Reviews in Canada

nice coworkers
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  George Brown collegeFebruary 11, 2016
easy going position with great staff and work place. no real career advantage to grow. Was laid off. Small areas for working.
Pros
people
Cons
no real advantage to career
very strict and performance based
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2016
unfortunately the company is more interested in revenue aspect only of the operations and wants nothing to to with personal growth and development
Chartwells Food Service
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2016
Great workplace, Great people, all in all an amazing experience. Working with a diverse group of people was great. The best part of the job was coming into work and serving new customers and also connecting with them.
Pros
diversity
Fast paced, fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 4, 2016
In my experience at a Halifax location, this was a very fun and exciting job. Management could always be more attentive to the needs of employees, but it was still an enjoyable job.
Less than perfect, greedy company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 4, 2016
This company values money over their employees. It doesn't take long working there to figure that out. Constantly understaffed and lack of equipment to do the job.
Pros
better than minimum wage
Cons
horribly managed
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
My typical day working was Sweep, mop and wash floors

o Dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture.

o Wash and dry clothes, fold then distribute to specific patrons.
Pros
The seniors centre were nice place to work
Cons
to much work for 1 persone to do
Excitng,challenging environment
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 13, 2016
It is a very challenging environment working for the client. It is never a dull moment and love the excitement that every day brings.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
away from home for 20 days at a time
Great work environment, no room for growth within company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
I really enjoy working with this company, my team is great, my manager is a good smart man who has taught me a few things already since being with the company for a few months. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any room for growing within the company and as I would like to expand my knowledge and experience, I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for this opportunity.
Pros
Fun staff/coworkers, lunch accomodation
Cons
Not a big enough company to grow within
Hostile With no job security.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Did not feel welcome or heard about any concerns that I had. No support from upper management. Over all one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  21 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr,June 7, 2016
We have a really energetic and young professional in our team who keep serving at their best and customers always leave with a big smile.
interesting and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
its a great environment to work in. It had its challenges of not enough hours and some out of order employees but it was a really great place to work. Some of the management personnel are very hard to work with but some were really cool.
Pros
free lunch and snack is available an d it was also unionized
Cons
hours were not enough
long hours unfair wages
Manager/Cook (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, OntarioJuly 12, 2014
WAke up at 3am go in to work off the clock to get all meals prepared for the day and caterings that are needed for that day. Will not pay over time but expect all work to be done. Iam manager, order all foods for the work, do all paperwork, cook, serve customers, all for almost minimum wage. The hardest part of the job is knowing that they want all work done, but do not want to pay for an employee that wants to provide quality food, keep standards up and complete all tasks each day. The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing how much the customers appreciate the new menus and food they are paying for and I bring them that happiness.
benefits
Cons
very long hours unpaid for
Great Comapny
HSEQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Great Company to work for, great team dynamic, positive culture, and great work life balance. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Fun workplace because of different faces daily and coworkers.
Customer Service Ambassador. (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Marquise customer is for those who are transiting through jobs or to have temporary work while going to school or working elsewhere. I have been employed here for the last 5 years and salary and pay raises are not up to expectations. Living in an expensive city such as Vancouver, minimum pay is not cutting it. However, coworkers and helping each other interact with thousands of passengers daily is the reward.
Pros
free parking, medical benefits.
Cons
pay, hours, vacations, management.
Great big company
Assistant Catering Manager at Bistro 438 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2015
Lots of room to grow if willing to be just like anyone else and follow big corporation rules. Every location is different with their own pros and cons, and management style
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
Not a great company to work for
Food Prep, Serve, Cleaning, Dishes (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NSOctober 2, 2015
I have worked for Compass Group for 6 years . No advancement in the company in my area. No seniority when available jobs should be posted for all employee's to be able to apply for in house positions not to be given to another employee automatically
Pros
Cons
no job advancement
good place
Bilingual Technical Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 5, 2016
good place to work, 1 hour lunches on friday, great enviroment,
free food, ice cream, and lots of other perks.great people and managers
Relaxing and engaging.
Mobile Floor Steward (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
We were contracted by Shell Oil and Gas to make sure that all mobile desks in the office were free of garbage and had all the appropriate networking cables so that employee's could work at the mobile desks without having to clean up after another person.
Pros
Low to No Supervision, Great pay.
Cons
Only night shifts, always after 5pm.
Fast paced , industrial
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Promoted to build and run this company from the ground up. Supporting the Industrial chrome plating industry for the GMC front and rear pick up truck bumpers.
Pros
Working with a good crew
Cons
Business closed because of a recession.