Compass Group Employee Reviews in Canada

very strict and performance based
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2016
unfortunately the company is more interested in revenue aspect only of the operations and wants nothing to to with personal growth and development
Great work environment, no room for growth within company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
I really enjoy working with this company, my team is great, my manager is a good smart man who has taught me a few things already since being with the company for a few months. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any room for growing within the company and as I would like to expand my knowledge and experience, I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for this opportunity.
Pros
Fun staff/coworkers, lunch accomodation
Cons
Not a big enough company to grow within
Excitng,challenging environment
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 13, 2016
It is a very challenging environment working for the client. It is never a dull moment and love the excitement that every day brings.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
away from home for 20 days at a time
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
My typical day working was Sweep, mop and wash floors

o Dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture.

o Wash and dry clothes, fold then distribute to specific patrons.
Pros
The seniors centre were nice place to work
Cons
to much work for 1 persone to do
interesting and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
its a great environment to work in. It had its challenges of not enough hours and some out of order employees but it was a really great place to work. Some of the management personnel are very hard to work with but some were really cool.
Pros
free lunch and snack is available an d it was also unionized
Cons
hours were not enough
long hours unfair wages
Manager/Cook (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, OntarioJuly 12, 2014
WAke up at 3am go in to work off the clock to get all meals prepared for the day and caterings that are needed for that day. Will not pay over time but expect all work to be done. Iam manager, order all foods for the work, do all paperwork, cook, serve customers, all for almost minimum wage. The hardest part of the job is knowing that they want all work done, but do not want to pay for an employee that wants to provide quality food, keep standards up and complete all tasks each day. The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing how much the customers appreciate the new menus and food they are paying for and I bring them that happiness.
benefits
Cons
very long hours unpaid for
Great Comapny
HSEQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Great Company to work for, great team dynamic, positive culture, and great work life balance. I would recommend this company to everyone.
A great company to work for.
Total Rewards/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
A great company to work for - offers a good work/life balance. Co-workers are wonderful to work with - helpful and fun! I found my coworkers to be the most enjoyable part of my job - I love working with people.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
Great big company
Assistant Catering Manager at Bistro 438 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2015
Lots of room to grow if willing to be just like anyone else and follow big corporation rules. Every location is different with their own pros and cons, and management style
Not a great company to work for
Food Prep, Serve, Cleaning, Dishes (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NSOctober 2, 2015
I have worked for Compass Group for 6 years . No advancement in the company in my area. No seniority when available jobs should be posted for all employee's to be able to apply for in house positions not to be given to another employee automatically
Pros
Cons
no job advancement
Fun workplace because of different faces daily and coworkers.
Customer Service Ambassador. (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 17, 2014
Marquise customer is for those who are transiting through jobs or to have temporary work while going to school or working elsewhere. I have been employed here for the last 5 years and salary and pay raises are not up to expectations. Living in an expensive city such as Vancouver, minimum pay is not cutting it. However, coworkers and helping each other interact with thousands of passengers daily is the reward.
Pros
free parking, medical benefits.
Cons
pay, hours, vacations, management.
good place
Bilingual Technical Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 5, 2016
good place to work, 1 hour lunches on friday, great enviroment,
free food, ice cream, and lots of other perks.great people and managers
Relaxing and engaging.
Mobile Floor Steward (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
We were contracted by Shell Oil and Gas to make sure that all mobile desks in the office were free of garbage and had all the appropriate networking cables so that employee's could work at the mobile desks without having to clean up after another person.
Pros
Low to No Supervision, Great pay.
Cons
Only night shifts, always after 5pm.
Fast paced , industrial
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Promoted to build and run this company from the ground up. Supporting the Industrial chrome plating industry for the GMC front and rear pick up truck bumpers.
Pros
Working with a good crew
Cons
Business closed because of a recession.
fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morrison, QCMay 15, 2015
The work place is very busy with thousands of customers to be served everyday. Work environment is very comfortable, with lots of space. Co- workers are very friendly and becomes a big family.

I have learned many aspects of handling customers here, angry customers, customers with disabilities, positive interaction with customers simultaneously keeping up with the work pace.

Management is very amiable.They listen to yours problems and try their best to solve them.

The hardest part of the job is spending prolonged period of hours to service customers.It gets incredibly busy at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having to meet your co workers who have become good friends and also getting to meet regular customers.
Pros
provides wide range of food items to eat with less money.
Cons
Somedays it gets vert busy.
Routines workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 15, 2015
Not challenge at all, every day routine and dealing with same people such as coo-workers, client, and customers. Most important part of the job was learning new topics about Health and Safety, Ant - bulling and harassment workplace.
Pros
One hour break time
Cons
No life-wok balance
a fun place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABNovember 3, 2015
a fun place to work, the co-workers were great to work with
i learnt alot about cleaning and safely take out garbage
the boss did not have any problem getting his hands dirty when we were behind on are dutys
A great companay to work for..my job is never boring..always changing depending on the day and the students I serve
High School Cafeteria Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Essex CountyAugust 17, 2015
Compass has been the best place for me to work..working with teenagers keeps you on your toes...Work alone at the unit , but have managed units with part time employees..just an over all great experience..have learned so much from Compass over the years
Pros
Solid reputable company to work for..
Cons
after 20 yrs..can't think of any
Steady employment with benefits working with food and youth :)
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia OntarioOctober 21, 2015
For the most part this was an excellent position to fill. Very demanding some days but very rewarding to know that one customer's day could change with a smile and a purchase of a cookie!!
serving people
Cashier/ kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  workers compensation boardDecember 11, 2014
I really enjoyed working for compass at the workers compensation board. I was a short order cook. I loved the fast pace and it made the day go by quickly. I liked the early morning hours.
Pros
early morning hours and no weekends
Cons
nothing bad to say.