Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very physical work working in a cafeteria
Cafeteria Worker/Bartender (Former Employee), Ridgetown onFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours
I learned to do kitchen work, assist students with their meals,did work in the bar for banquets and and pubs and other functions
Independant outdoors work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: work outdoors
Cons: weather wasnt always the best
I enjoyed being able to spend all day outdoors. I was trained on operating snow removal equipment and compactor. I disliked the early days. I worked by myself so it was a bit boring.
A Productive enviroment
Administration/Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Bowmanville OntarioJanuary 25, 2014
Fast paced environments.
Hard working team members.
I enjoyed going the extra mile for customers.
Too much work to do in 7.5 hours
Hospital Housekeeper (Former Employee), VictoriaJanuary 25, 2014
Each person has an area to cover and clean, there is not enough people to clean the areas, one person is suppose to clean 64 different size rooms including bathrooms in 7hrs how are you suppose to clean properly.
Accomodating of Student schedule
ASSISTANT MANAGER & BAKER (Current Employee), Peterborough Regional Helath CentreJanuary 18, 2014
Fast paced and demanding location with some layout challenges
Very good company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJanuary 14, 2014
I learned alot about a different kind of food service industry, as this is a cafeteria position that I was in. I loved my job, my co-workers, my boss and also the customers. Everyone is great to work with and fun and easy going. I love to cook so as long as that's what I'm doing, I'm happy. I'm responsible and work well with others.
full day eight hours with a one to hour lunch depending on how fast service went
retirement home lunch and dinner service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free meals coffee
Cons: contracts run out and are not being renewed lots of competion from other companies
very rewarding job very busy helps the day go fast very well organized company best job i had in many years!
Good work environment but poorly managed
Concession Clerk/Cashier and Beer Hawker (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 28, 2013
Pros: tips, convient work shifts
Cons: poor management
Sell beer in the stands in the Halifax Metro Centre. Hardest part of the job is dealing with inebriated fans and is also something I learned . Co-workers are great.
Chartwells sucks !,,,
Cook (Current Employee), CalgaryDecember 5, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: long hours that aren't paid for
They try to sell work life balance but such balance
They launch programs with out proper studies
Upper management and leadership lacks leadership
Excellent work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaDecember 3, 2013
Very productive, good learning curve.
Co-workers very cooperative
fun environment
Cashier, Server (Current Employee), ville St. LaurentNovember 14, 2013
Pros: very understanding bosses
I enjoy my boss, coworkers and colleagues.
Typical day of work was serving customers, filling orders, inventory, lunch prep.
Management and co-workers are amazing to work with and communication was always great.
I can't really say that I am ever presented with difficult tasks. I have never really worked in an environment that was difficult or hard. – more... I make it a point to enjoy my job and colleagues, be a team player and present trust so that even there may be situations, solutions are always there. – less
Interesting and New Challenges
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers and residents
I enjoyed working here over all, it was a new challenge for me as i was not accustomed to working with residents of a long term care facility.
Good place to work. I am at the niagara college cafeteria.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Welland, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: like working with people
Cons: not enough hours a week and too many lay-offs when school is out make it hard to budget
It is like working an assembly line with food. I am working at the subway station at niagara college and I beleive every students are eating subs these days. My co-workers are pleasent and fun to work with. We work well as a team.I've learned safe handling of foods and to keep everything properly sanitized. The students are very pleasent and patient – more... because the line-up for subway is always very long and we do our best to serve them pleasently and as quick as we can. – less
Good Place to work at
HSEQ Advisor, Employer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 20, 2013
Good place to gain some experience within the company, lots of chances to move up.
Productive, fun, fast paced, trying different food, diversity
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Different locationsOctober 7, 2013
Pros: having food at work
Cons: unpredictable hours
A typical day will start with manager labour and going to production line then to customer service. I have learned how to deal with workers and manage them on day to day basis.
share our success with other managers, building a respectful relationship.
The hardest part of the job was unpredictable long hours, load of work.
Trying new products and new – more... recipes. – less
customer service
customer service general work (Current Employee), RCH royal colubian hospitalAugust 29, 2013
Pros: we bring our own food
Cons: 30mins break
fun to go work , I like my morning shift 6am to 2pm .
I learn to increase our sales to get more hours, over time .
The hardest part of the job is if the customer argues . but on the bright side I can deal with it and make the customers happy.

our contract with compass group is finishing in April 2014.
good place to work for people interaction
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), sherwood park albertaAugust 17, 2013
a typical day at work would be doing sales and customer service, i learned all of my management experience from this job.
Great employers, wonderful to work for.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 16, 2013
Pros: management, staff, advancement opportunites
Cons: salary, guaranteed hours
It was a pleasure to work for Compass Group Canada. Within a year there was opportunity for advancement. Management was extraordinary and welcoming. Downfalls included irregular shifts & pay due to on and off work.
CURRENT GOALS/ PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS
Camp attendant ESS (Former Employee), Mt MilliganAugust 4, 2013
I demonstrate a strong commitment in increasing productivity. I regularly produce a normal amount of work. I work at the pace expected for my position and I achieve most of my established goals.
Fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: had schedule at beginning of season, great tips, mingled with customers
Cons: staffing was inconsistent, lack of communication throughout company
Compass Group is seasonal for me. So when I was working there (when the Ivor Wynne Stadium was up) I was a shift supervisor. I would set up/clean my zone and prepare for customers. I learned that I work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment. I also learned that I am a good leader and deli gator. I normally had 2-3 people that I was in – more... charge of managing for the duration of the shift. Making sure they were also on top of things, such as preparing food, making sure beverages were topped up and cleanliness and keeping busy. The hardest part of the job was that it was seasonal. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy of it. – less

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more