Compass Group

1.2K reviews

Compass Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced, fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 4, 2016
In my experience at a Halifax location, this was a very fun and exciting job. Management could always be more attentive to the needs of employees, but it was still an enjoyable job.
exciting
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
I really like how they always had another job to reach for. Advancement was always a possibility and I could take pride in my work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
tendious
good place
Bilingual Technical Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 5, 2016
good place to work, 1 hour lunches on friday, great enviroment,
free food, ice cream, and lots of other perks.great people and managers
Great place, great co-workers.
Retail Associate/Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
A typical day usually would start with a meeting, going over a lot of training provided. While getting everyone involved in carefully reading every guideline. I learned that teamwork is needed in order to survive in this workplace setting. Management is good, they are very at tentative. They have good emotional intelligence. The hardest part of the job is getting the speed down, hustling to serve every customer while maintaining an upbeat attitude and great customer service. The most enjoyable part of the part of the job would have to be the employee appreciation day, getting to know your co-workers at a different level.
Pros
Free food/drinks.
Cons
None.
Parttime evening job with great people
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKDecember 7, 2015
Typically an evening job with the occasional day shift. A professional attire is a must along with great personable skills. The staff and management were incredible to work with, making the shifts fly by with ease. Stressful moments occurred when there was over ordering and the cooks could only do so much at a time. The food was great and customers were very rarely dissatisfied. Memorization was key.
Pros
Great people to work with, listening to the concerts
Cons
Rude or drunk customers
good hours for family life
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONNovember 27, 2015
My time at Compass group was good. The people I worked with were friendly and the shifts were great for balancing home and work life. However the rate of pay was low when you consider the amount of work expected. I learned how to use my time effectively to accomplish all my required work. On going training was great and the support from management was good. The hardest part of my job was getting everything done, but as I said before strengthen my ability to time management. Although my co workers were friendly they was a lot of gossip between staff but it does teach you the ability to get along well with other and put your head down and just do your job.
Pros
Great shifts with option for over time
Cons
Gossip within staff
Great big company
Assistant Catering Manager at Bistro 438 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2015
Lots of room to grow if willing to be just like anyone else and follow big corporation rules. Every location is different with their own pros and cons, and management style
Fast paced , industrial
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Promoted to build and run this company from the ground up. Supporting the Industrial chrome plating industry for the GMC front and rear pick up truck bumpers.
Pros
Working with a good crew
Cons
Business closed because of a recession.
Great work environment, no room for growth within company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
I really enjoy working with this company, my team is great, my manager is a good smart man who has taught me a few things already since being with the company for a few months. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any room for growing within the company and as I would like to expand my knowledge and experience, I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for this opportunity.
Pros
Fun staff/coworkers, lunch accomodation
Cons
Not a big enough company to grow within
a fun place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABNovember 3, 2015
a fun place to work, the co-workers were great to work with
i learnt alot about cleaning and safely take out garbage
the boss did not have any problem getting his hands dirty when we were behind on are dutys
Relaxing and engaging.
Mobile Floor Steward (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
We were contracted by Shell Oil and Gas to make sure that all mobile desks in the office were free of garbage and had all the appropriate networking cables so that employee's could work at the mobile desks without having to clean up after another person.
Pros
Low to No Supervision, Great pay.
Cons
Only night shifts, always after 5pm.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  university of calgaryOctober 25, 2015
great teamwork
worked as full-time
fun to work with coworkers
helpful coworkers
caring supervisor
helpful coworkers
have union
benefits
Cons
no employee discount on food
Was fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2015
I only work a couple of months but was a good experience. The manager and my supervisor was a great person and the custumers too.
Steady employment with benefits working with food and youth :)
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia OntarioOctober 21, 2015
For the most part this was an excellent position to fill. Very demanding some days but very rewarding to know that one customer's day could change with a smile and a purchase of a cookie!!
Fun
Kitchen Manager / Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 21, 2015
Great supervisor variety of work
If business is slow the hours are cut
Always busy, but time flies by
If a floater, you meet new people
Pros
working with children and public
Cons
none for me
interesting and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
its a great environment to work in. It had its challenges of not enough hours and some out of order employees but it was a really great place to work. Some of the management personnel are very hard to work with but some were really cool.
Pros
free lunch and snack is available an d it was also unionized
Cons
hours were not enough
the hardest part of the job
Compass Group (Christenson Communities) (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 18, 2015
I have no problem with the co-workers nor the environment at the workplace at all. In my case as a dietary-aide it is a fulfilling job to serve nutritious food to the elderly people. The only thing that I don't like about the company is I feel like there's no stability and growth as they are very limited in terms of options and opportunity. In my example in my case I've been working there for more than a year and have not increase my hourly rate yet 'till now, no review, I've been working split shifts sometimes and the average hours are not regular every week. I asked if there's any opportunity for a full-time position and there's none but lot of part-time people in the same position. My guess is they are trying to avoid giving benefits that is why they don't like to give me full-time position.
Routines workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 15, 2015
Not challenge at all, every day routine and dealing with same people such as coo-workers, client, and customers. Most important part of the job was learning new topics about Health and Safety, Ant - bulling and harassment workplace.
Pros
One hour break time
Cons
No life-wok balance
was a fun plce to work great co-workers
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCOctober 14, 2015
when i worked at the Civic Centre in Prince George for this company I worked very hard and long hours to make very little money so i left that job and looking for another job
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours without good pay
I loved cooking for this company!
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 12, 2015
Everyday was something different for me, from cooking to dealing with the front grill to dealing with the Starbucks station and cash. My boss at this time was a lot of fun an a awesome person!