Compass Group

Compass Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
love it
Patient Transportation/Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
I really enjoy working here. I find it fun but challenging. The staff are great and it is very team oriented. I haven't been there long enough to give a long review so please accept this for now
not a bad place to work
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 11, 2015
most enjoyable was being able to bring some food home the worst was the boredom. i worked in a university and it wasnt very busy ever and it was also a smallworkspace
cashier and sales person
sales person or cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg ,MBFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i improve my skill that i have
Cons: tibs
Helping customers and take payment as will make our customers happy and organizing all the staff's our customers are my first priority
As well as at Tim Horton I have same experience in Calgary make customer happy and do good servece .
Fun workplace, diverse working atmospheres and locations
Catering Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I have been working with compass group for over 3 years now. I enjoy working corporate 9-5 hours even within a hospitality environment. I feel like the people higher up in the company have a great sense of corporate responsibility, and despite the fact that are the largest food service provider in North America, there is a good sense of community and I have always felt like everyone cares about each of their employees.
If not for being away from you family so much would have been great job.
Camp Manager, ESS/On-Site (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free room and board.
Cons: long hours and being away from family for so long.
Typical day was 12 hours long, very good pay but not much of a life. We were supplied food and lodging for free and they paid for our transportation.
happy work place
Hospital Support Worker (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Being a pet based retail store this work environment was both happy and interesting, as your customers were rarely in a rush and or unhappy. I found that helping a customer to find the right toy or food product for their pet was a lot more rewarding then the type of toilet paper they want. A light hearted company.
Productive Workplace
Cook (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 20, 2015
On a typical day, I get assigned various tasks to complete within a specific time. It helps me learn how to manage time in order to complete my work. I enjoy learning new recipes and expanding my skills as a cook.
Great place to work. Well trained staff and daily training schedule. Management very supportive. Co-worker great to work with. The hardest part is wh
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free parking, day off at x.mas, summer, leiu days
Cons: package.
Great place to work.
Well trained staff and daily training schedule.
Management very supportive.
Co-worker great to work with.
The hardest part is when we close for the Xmas holiday and Summer.
The best part of the job is, when you are envoled with your work so much that you tend to get lost with time.
Great Opportunities
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Woodstock OntarioJanuary 19, 2015
Great job with lots of opportunities. Lots of potential for advancement
Great place to work, a lot of new things to learn.
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Compass group is a award winning company and serving many Institutions, private companies and Government offices in a lot of Countries. The company offer excellent services in all aspects. Food service is exceptional in good quality.
A good work environment
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 6, 2015
This is a diverse cultured company and the enjoyable part is that I get challenged and I felt a sense of accomplishment overcoming the challenges.

Overall, a very good working environment where everyone is treated equally.
Great Management, Great Atmosphere/Service Culture
Supervisor / Server (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: quick advancements, great people all around, good way to make money quickly
Cons: slow times in the off season, busy rushes at (sometimes) unexpected times
Opening the restaurant was made easy by the G.M. because everything was easily accessible and kept very tidy. The patrons of the restaurant were very friendly and rarely needed to be approached but attendance to them in a timely manner was the only hard part of the job because there were so many of them at times. The co-workers I had were extremely bright and hard working; there was rarely a job left undone by the end of the night which made closing up that much easier. The only bit of frustration would come when tournaments were held in the adjoining arenas which could create a downpour of customers of up to 200 with only 3-4 servers and 2-3 cooks on duty. Needless to say this was also amazing in its own way because that meant very little splitting of the tips we earned. Personally, I was advance several times to the second to the top position of the location with 14 months of work because as long as you could show potential and work hard, advancements were made ready.
Terrible management, will hire ANYONE, terrible hours (Airport), luxurious environment (Airport Lounge)
Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free food for breaks
Cons: management, hours, union sucks, fellow employees incompetent, food is pretty good
I worked for Compass for 4 years and enjoyed close to 10% of my time there. The only time I had an enjoyable experience is with no management to GET IN THE WAY, and when the more knowledgeable and competent staff were in. This place seems so desperate to hire (based on the fact that anyone, at anytime will call in sick and not show) that they literally hire anyone. Most times they have various people in from an agency that know nothing about what needs to be done, and food service suffers. They offer free food for breaks, and pay MODERATELY for kitchen work, with ZERO room for advancement. The management I encountered were completely incompetent, and literally knew nothing about what needed to happen to have food service run smoothly. Assistant managers were found watching TV, or chatting with front desk female agents instead of making sure employees were doing their jobs, or helping out when there was a big rush. Compass Group is the WORST for following through with complaints from staff about anything, the union rep is LAZY and accomplishes NOTHING. Overall I personally would never work for Compass in any magnitude ever again.
i like all the work places
cashier Tim Horton (Current Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 22, 2014
i worked full time always .I gain lot of experienced but now i am confident to do some supervisor job or some high level according to my qualification.My all coworkers are happy with me and i easily adjust with the environment.The hardest part of my job is to satisfied the customers but my facial expression or smile can help the customers to talk with me about personal maters when they are stressfull.Ienjoy the customer service.
serving people
Cashier/ kitchen helper (Former Employee), workers compensation boardDecember 11, 2014
Pros: early morning hours and no weekends
Cons: nothing bad to say.
I really enjoyed working for compass at the workers compensation board. I was a short order cook. I loved the fast pace and it made the day go by quickly. I liked the early morning hours.
A great environment where I am consistently learning new things.
Food Services Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: standing on my feet all day
From the moment I set foot into work, its always go go go.
Which is what I enjoy, I love the fast paced work environment because that is where I excel.
seasonal
Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: management was week low pay
Management was vary weak was hard for the manager to come up with a decision regarding on who is working were Always had to ask for stuff to do my job always had to run around and ask were staff was and put them to work and I was only a server not supervisor.

Pay was vary low always had to ask for my correct pay had a turn over off staff almost every month the hole year I worked their.
at the university

Management was vary rude to their employees all in all not a great place to work with done by Managers great co workers loved every second of it when I was working with co workers but Management needed to change
It's a fun work place
FOOD SERVER/HOSTESS (Current Employee), Toronto Pearson Aiport,Terminal 1November 3, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: long hours
Receiving good benefits and learned at online training and on actual jobsite.
some days went great &some daysnot so great depending on the mood of management &staff either wise it was a tipicel crasy day depending on the unite
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2014
sometimes we did not work together as a team even management esp.when we were shorthanded and sometimes we had some fun
Four HS Sector Managers in Ontario and a separate Claims Team
Health and Safety Sector Manager (Current Employee), ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: food service company
Cons: leisure units predominately operate 7 days a week
Sector HS Managers are accountable for units across Canada. Regional HS Managers out of Ontario do not report into Sector Managers. Travel outside of Ontario is not approved. HS Director position still vacant (8months so far) program on hold. HS Managers work in silo's without HS Director. HS Managers initiate the claims process and are expected to follow up on corrective actions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more