Compass Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Decent place to work, poor pay
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: not too hard, lots of special events
Cons: paid lunches, up/down hours, job title not accurate
Regular employees are barely minimum wage, and senior managers are not compensated fairly.

Advancement is only lateral, in both duties and pay. Only few jobs are ever available at corporate office.
Great Comapny
HSEQ Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Great Company to work for, great team dynamic, positive culture, and great work life balance. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Fun work place working as a team to build a better experience
Starbucks Barista, Burnaby SFU (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 7, 2016
Pros: Staff meals
Cons: Upper management and their lack of concern for employees
Full time employee as a barista in a fast paced and high stress store. I learned how communication is key when working as a team. I used to supervise the closing shifts full time for around a year. Management was difficult to deal with, there was no room for advancement and they never listened or addressed their employees concerns.
Cultue
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Great for foodies
Good working culture. Great team environment. Several management change. Diverse recruiting practice. High volume and can be demanding at times but it is a large food service company.
Chef supervisor
Chef Superivor (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 24, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: No adequate training or consistent training for all staff lack of respect from staff
Lack of training that was promised upon hire and and no support from staff or management. Allowed buliies to continue working and the victim quit. There is no consistent work ethics policy and procedure are only being followed by those that the company wants to try get rid of.
very strict and performance based
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2016
unfortunately the company is more interested in revenue aspect only of the operations and wants nothing to to with personal growth and development
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: The seniors centre were nice place to work
Cons: to much work for 1 persone to do
My typical day working was Sweep, mop and wash floors

o Dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture.

o Wash and dry clothes, fold then distribute to specific patrons.
Absolutely ridiculous
Housekeeper at a Long Term Living Facility (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 5, 2016
Cons: All lies, no management, pay is wrong wveyr pay cheque.
The pay is always short, the hours are complete bs. They tell you it's a part time job, it's actually a casual. They have the absolute worst management and are simply disorganized.
I do not recommend working for this company.
Excitng,challenging environment
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: away from home for 20 days at a time
It is a very challenging environment working for the client. It is never a dull moment and love the excitement that every day brings.
nice coworkers
General Laborer (Former Employee), George Brown collegeFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: people
Cons: no real advantage to career
easy going position with great staff and work place. no real career advantage to grow. Was laid off. Small areas for working.
Fast paced, fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 4, 2016
In my experience at a Halifax location, this was a very fun and exciting job. Management could always be more attentive to the needs of employees, but it was still an enjoyable job.
Contracted work with too many bosses.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 4, 2016
Operations Centre Agent - Marquise in behalf of YVR

Pros:

- Stepping stone into the aviation industry;
- Exposure to the background day-to-day operations of an International Airport;
- Great networking opportunity;
- Working with like-minded young professionals;
- Mid-range salary (better than most entry positions in the industry).

Cons:

- Everyone is your boss (Compass Canada, Marquise, YVR, Airlines, Contractors, Tenants...etc);
- Customer Service role heavy with complaints and repeating inquiries being a daily occurrence;
- Minimal advancement opportunity within Marquise and Compass Canada that is aviation related;
- Being a contractor means restricted advancement opportunity into the airport authority;
- The role is continuously given more responsibilities, grows complex, and requirements for the job are always added. But the salary is not changed to match the additional workload and liability.
Assistant Lead Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Few hours
If you love Hamilton and love the Hamilton Tiger Cats this place is probably the best place to work! Of course you work in the concessions but the atmosphere in the stadium is absolutely incredible. The people I worked with were amazing and all the staff is super friendly. There was a lot of disorganization with making sure we had food and scheduling. The hours were bad unless you were well liked and knew the management so you could come in and work during the week but if not you had the one day a week schedule. Overall the place was just so much fun and I highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for their first job or looking for some extra cash!
exciting
Chef Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: great benefits
Cons: tendious
I really like how they always had another job to reach for. Advancement was always a possibility and I could take pride in my work.
good place
Bilingual Technical Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 5, 2016
good place to work, 1 hour lunches on friday, great enviroment,
free food, ice cream, and lots of other perks.great people and managers
Great place, great co-workers.
Retail Associate/Server (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Free food/drinks.
Cons: None.
A typical day usually would start with a meeting, going over a lot of training provided. While getting everyone involved in carefully reading every guideline. I learned that teamwork is needed in order to survive in this workplace setting. Management is good, they are very at tentative. They have good emotional intelligence. The hardest part of the job is getting the speed down, hustling to serve every customer while maintaining an upbeat attitude and great customer service. The most enjoyable part of the part of the job would have to be the employee appreciation day, getting to know your co-workers at a different level.
Parttime evening job with great people
Concession Worker (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with, listening to the concerts
Cons: Rude or drunk customers
Typically an evening job with the occasional day shift. A professional attire is a must along with great personable skills. The staff and management were incredible to work with, making the shifts fly by with ease. Stressful moments occurred when there was over ordering and the cooks could only do so much at a time. The food was great and customers were very rarely dissatisfied. Memorization was key.
good hours for family life
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Great shifts with option for over time
Cons: Gossip within staff
My time at Compass group was good. The people I worked with were friendly and the shifts were great for balancing home and work life. However the rate of pay was low when you consider the amount of work expected. I learned how to use my time effectively to accomplish all my required work. On going training was great and the support from management was good. The hardest part of my job was getting everything done, but as I said before strengthen my ability to time management. Although my co workers were friendly they was a lot of gossip between staff but it does teach you the ability to get along well with other and put your head down and just do your job.
Great big company
Assistant Catering Manager at Bistro 438 (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2015
Lots of room to grow if willing to be just like anyone else and follow big corporation rules. Every location is different with their own pros and cons, and management style
Fast paced , industrial
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2015
Pros: Working with a good crew
Cons: Business closed because of a recession.
Promoted to build and run this company from the ground up. Supporting the Industrial chrome plating industry for the GMC front and rear pick up truck bumpers.
Headquarters