Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: Nice environment
Cons: Downsizing
Management very good. Daily log check and payroll hours. Unfortunately losing a contract I was unable to stay. People their were great to work with.
great fast-paced job
Cashier (Former Employee), South Surrey, BCJune 14, 2015
Pros: 50% meals
Cons: long exhausting hours, far location
this job was very fast paced and very demanding. it was very long and exhausting hours. coworkers were very fun to be around, everyone there loved to have fun.
Worked at several locations
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 7, 2015
Larger company will to transfer and accomodate staff when thtey could. Different experience each place I went.

Overall enjoyed the company
Productive and fun
Dietary Aid and Cook's Helper (Current Employee), Langley, B.CMay 31, 2015
Compass Group is a productive place. I learnt a lot of things about food safety. I learnt things about different types of diets.
Fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMay 17, 2015
Extremely busy/fast paced work environment. However, people call in sick all the time, and at some point it gets really hard to work in a constant busy place with less co workers, but you can't always blame them for not coming in, the work itself it very tiring if you're doing a full time job. Most times it feels like the management is not going a great job finding enough workers, or getting their workers the benefits they need/deserves, otherwise the managers are very friendly.
fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier (Current Employee), Morrison, QCMay 15, 2015
Pros: provides wide range of food items to eat with less money.
Cons: Somedays it gets vert busy.
The work place is very busy with thousands of customers to be served everyday. Work environment is very comfortable, with lots of space. Co- workers are very friendly and becomes a big family.

I have learned many aspects of handling customers here, angry customers, customers with disabilities, positive interaction with customers simultaneously keeping up with the work pace.

Management is very amiable.They listen to yours problems and try their best to solve them.

The hardest part of the job is spending prolonged period of hours to service customers.It gets incredibly busy at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having to meet your co workers who have become good friends and also getting to meet regular customers.
fun workplace
cleaning (Former Employee), vancouverMay 14, 2015
Good and famous company
Beautiful work with this company
Dealing well with workers
.............................................
Not recommended
Kitchen Staff / Office Assistant (Former Employee), North YorkMay 13, 2015
Very unpleasant work place as well as bad management and staff; I won't recommend it to anyone.
You will be standing on your feet for over 8 hours of the day as well as the break and lunch some times you force to not take them as it is very busy and always short staff to save salaries.
The best job I every had
Labour/Custodian (Former Employee), Mississauga ON.May 6, 2015
Pros: places to eat
Cons: waiting for the bus
I always have a good day at work. I learn how to help people to get where they are going. All the supervisors where good to work with. I got along with all the co-workers. the hardest part of the job they was none. It was great working there.
Friendly people.
Facility Maintenace (Former Employee), Sundance ManitobaMay 6, 2015
Pros: Meals and room provided. No cost.
Cons: Away from home for 21 days.
Camp setting. Always something to do. Gym site, Recreation facility and your rooms are equipped with satellite tv, AC and own washroom.
Professional office work environment
Corporate Concierge (Current Employee), TD Canada Trust 380 Wellington St. London, ONMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work:
Assist bank employees in all aspects of their work day.
Communicate with vendors to keep everything stocked.

Management is extremely helpful and is willing to answer any question I may have.

I have weekly meetings with my manager and co-workers
Management was amazing as were the co-workers.
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: My co-workers
Cons: transportation
-Clean, stock, serve customers and clean.

-Customer satisfaction is the top priority.

-Management was excellent, we were always taken care of and fully informed of upcoming events.

-Absolutely loved everyone i worked with.

-Getting to and from work

-Our team was like a family.
Stress and serious working environment
Education Consellor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2015
Recruit students from all over the district.
Helping students on different cultural problems in college.
Prepare the study programs on Chinese Fronts for the college.
Phone manners are needed.
love it
Patient Transportation/Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
I really enjoy working here. I find it fun but challenging. The staff are great and it is very team oriented. I haven't been there long enough to give a long review so please accept this for now
not a bad place to work
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 11, 2015
most enjoyable was being able to bring some food home the worst was the boredom. i worked in a university and it wasnt very busy ever and it was also a smallworkspace
cashier and sales person
sales person or cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg ,MBFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i improve my skill that i have
Cons: tibs
Helping customers and take payment as will make our customers happy and organizing all the staff's our customers are my first priority
As well as at Tim Horton I have same experience in Calgary make customer happy and do good servece .
Fun workplace, diverse working atmospheres and locations
Catering Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I have been working with compass group for over 3 years now. I enjoy working corporate 9-5 hours even within a hospitality environment. I feel like the people higher up in the company have a great sense of corporate responsibility, and despite the fact that are the largest food service provider in North America, there is a good sense of community and I have always felt like everyone cares about each of their employees.
If not for being away from you family so much would have been great job.
Camp Manager, ESS/On-Site (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free room and board.
Cons: long hours and being away from family for so long.
Typical day was 12 hours long, very good pay but not much of a life. We were supplied food and lodging for free and they paid for our transportation.
happy work place
Hospital Support Worker (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Being a pet based retail store this work environment was both happy and interesting, as your customers were rarely in a rush and or unhappy. I found that helping a customer to find the right toy or food product for their pet was a lot more rewarding then the type of toilet paper they want. A light hearted company.
Productive Workplace
Cook (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 20, 2015
On a typical day, I get assigned various tasks to complete within a specific time. It helps me learn how to manage time in order to complete my work. I enjoy learning new recipes and expanding my skills as a cook.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more