Compass Group Canada is the nation’s leading food service and support services company. With over 23,000 associates, we set the standard for food and service excellence.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Sous Chef
Location: Gourmet Cuisine
Rate: 38k- 44k+ Comprehensive Benefit Program
Overview: We are looking for a dynamic, service-oriented, go-getter for a Sous Chef position at Gourmet Cuisine in Toronto ON.
- Oversee all food production
- Assist the Chef with daily tasks as assigned
- Cover the Chef’s duties when absent
- Take, prepare, serve customers at the food line
- QA record maintenance
- Inventory and Product ordering
- Maintain excellent client and customer relations
- Ensure strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
Qualifications Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- a Great Attitude!
- Red Seal culinary certification
- 5+ years related culinary supervisory experience in a fast paced production-oriented environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Demonstrated experience in menu creativity and presentation
- Motivated, hands-on professional with a passion for quality and service.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly-developed organizational skills to manage multiple kitchens, multiple events and catering functions.
- Previous supervision of small but efficient culinary staff in a high volume production facility
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required by the various events.
Indeed - 22 months ago
Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It is the largest...