Compass Group Canada is the nation’s leading food service and support service company. With over 23,000 associates and revenues of $1.4 billion in 2010, we set the standard for food and service excellence.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2011 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the third consecutive year.
Position: Kitchen Help
Hourly Wage 12.23 + full medical and dental benefits
Location: Calgary Correctional Facilities – Calgary, AB
Overview: We are currently hiring for a Full Time Kitchen Helpers for the Calgary Correctional Centre located in North West Calgary. This unit is open 365 days a year and shifts may vary. Not accessible by public transportation.
- Assist cooks during food preparation performing duties such as: wash, peel, slice and dice vegetables
- Takeout food supplies from freezers
- Portion food according to recommended size
- Help in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen including dish washing and taking out garbage and trash
- Assist at the food line, portioning and assembling meals
- Handle sales transaction as a cashier
- Receive and keep supplies
- Ensuring strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
Qualifications Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Will train
- Must clear a criminal records check
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to have fun and a good sense of humour
Look for us on Facebook and LinkedIn! Follow us on http://twitter.com/CompassCANJobs
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.
Start Date 12/11/2012
End Date 1/1/2013
Job ID 4579