Compass Group Canada Employee Reviews

Is a fun workplace but lots of drama
Server (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 November 2017
It’s a very fun place to work at if you have minimal work experience and need more. Depends on where you work but the place I work is not very organized with hours therefore I will have to text a boss to ask when I work because they don’t organize that before hand which is pretty unprofessional
Pros
Free food
Cons
Drama
Ex employee at compass group
It doesnt matter (Former Employee) –  Olds alberta9 November 2017
Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Management there are very rude ignorant and unprofessional women to work for. They make you feel like you are a piece of dog poo under their shoe. They dont give proper training, and you get accused of theft. all they do is harp at you. Not a friendly place to work! NO matter how hard you work you are NEVER appreciated.
The kitchen is disgusting.The food is disgusting and they have had several cases of reported food poisioning.
They need NEW management first then start building a team. Until then the problems will never be solved.
Pros
Cons
Extra hours worked and not getting paid for.
Needs better front line managers
Unit Supervisor/Chef (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2017
The Operation managers need some training on how to treat workers
Need respect for the people bring their money in.
Terrible to work for, they expect you to work full hours and get paid for less if productivity is low.
Pros
.Good hours
Cons
Terrible managment
Decent
Employee (Current Employee) –  Canada7 November 2017
Compass Group is a decent place to start your career. Work/life balance can be difficult to achieve. Salary is below market value but you can have many open opportunities to advance at Compass if you proactively seek and ask the right questions to your manager.
Pros
Great people and open culture
Cons
High turnover. Tough work/life balance. Low salary
Great Company to work for
Senior Operations Manager/Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 October 2017
Compass is a great company to work for , lots of opportunity for advancement and continual support for progression.
The culture is built on the pillars of the company ,and the core values are embraced by its employees.
The hours can be long but the rewards are great, recognition of achievements are sent from all levels with executive leadership taking time to ensure that all levels know how much their efforts are appreciated.
The sense of family and identity within the group is amazing .
Big company with many cliques. Will change when the old timers retire.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  London20 October 2017
Big company but you only advance if you are in a clique or if you are a woman. No problem with that but being a man was not advantageous in this company generally speaking.
Great place to gain cleaning expierence
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2017
Once i arrive at work i sign in, i pick up keys for janitor room and make my way upstairs. I then load cart with enough garbage bags, cloths and gloves. I fill bucket with water and pick up cleaning supplies ( Liquids to clean sink, glasses, toilets and door handles) After i finish setting up I get right to work.
Pros
Free hot chocolate
Cons
Lots of bending
good environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2017
The people are nice, and the work can be tiring but the hours go by fast. The management isn't that bad, expect to be pushed to your limits during busy hours
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short of staffs
Not what I expected it to be
General Help (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 October 2017
This is a company that has alot of potential if they only had proper and professional management.
There is a huge lack of communication amongst the different departments.
There is alot of pressure put on the staff and at times are given unrealistic expectations.
There is also a significant amount of family relations across the board from general workers to management which entails issues of favouritsm that I myself witnessed on many occasions.
Alot of gossip in this place aswell.
The only good thing I can truly say about this company is the benefits are fantastic
But if you want to work in an organized environment that takes pride in equality with opportunities for growth ... this is not a place to work.
The pay isn't worth it and the staff are not treated that great. Many unhappy staff members.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many
High paced cafe
Barista (Former Employee) –  Burnaby SFU4 October 2017
I worked as a Starbucks Barista for Compass Group Canada. I loved working there when the semester was at peak for studying. I was always busy and always enjoying what I did. Unfortunately, there was very little room for advancement in a company I would have loved to expand my experience.
Pros
The customers were the best.
Cons
No room for promotions
Je n'ai pas travaille longtemps a Compass
Plongeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
Je n'ai pas travaillé longtemps à Compass et je touchais le salaire minimal. Pourtant, ce très court emploi là-bas m'a permis d'apprendre le travail de plongeur.
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Pas a mon avis
Just awful
DIRECTOR OF FOOD SALES / SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 September 2017
The absolute worst place I have been employed, breached all aspects of my contract and unbeleivably unorganized. Top management belittles anyone under them.

Not recommended
Great co-workers and great pay with benefits.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 September 2017
A typical day at work started when arriving at work with a cheery good morning to everybody who was in the office when I got there. I found the most enjoyable part of the job was balancing the room. It was a good feeling to balance and know that you must of done a great job of counting the money from all the different branches.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
communication or should say lack of communication
I participate fun activities with coworkers in different events.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2017
I am available to work any day weekdays and weekend.
I have over 10 years of experience in retail sales and food services companies.I have an excellent communications skills with customers.
job is alright. Stressful at times.
Busser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
In general the job is good. Very stressful overall but staff is really nice management has gotten alot better overtime as i work there. Ive learned alot about team work how getting along and helping your co workers is a very very important.
Cons
long hours of standing
Très bon environnement
Serveuse/Caissière (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC31 August 2017
Très agréable à travailler.Bien récompenser pour du bon travaille.
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Aucun
Productive Place to work
General Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT30 August 2017
a typical day working in the mines. I have learned that it is a great and rewarding place to work with great staff. I believe that the management was fair, the workplace couldn't have been better. the hardest part of the job had to be the workload and being short on staff. the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet lots of new people and had the chance to see the mining site.
Pros
Free food
Cons
short staffed
customers were respectful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was serving all the customers because they were nice and treated me with respect. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the manager.
Cons
no luches and no breaks
Fun work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2017
Work independently/ no rush / friendly staff/and enjoying my work
But wages are minimum.no increase. I work 6 months so far no increase. I am expecting January -2017.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Weekly 30 hrs
Different atmoshphere
GENERAL HELP (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 August 2017
I really enjoyed the work shift. I would have liked to have had more of a rotational schedule. I learned a lot being in the kitchen. I have also learned to go in do your job and keep your opinion to yourself. Management was horrible. Didn't know who to talk to and were always handed down to others to try and get answers when there was a issue. I enjoyed my job and getting to meet new people everyday. We were through numerous staff over the years I worked there.