Compass Group Canada Employee Reviews

Just awful
DIRECTOR OF FOOD SALES / SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 September 2017
The absolute worst place I have been employed, breached all aspects of my contract and unbeleivably unorganized. Top management belittles anyone under them.

Not recommended
Great co-workers and great pay with benefits.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 September 2017
A typical day at work started when arriving at work with a cheery good morning to everybody who was in the office when I got there. I found the most enjoyable part of the job was balancing the room. It was a good feeling to balance and know that you must of done a great job of counting the money from all the different branches.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
communication or should say lack of communication
I participate fun activities with coworkers in different events.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2017
I am available to work any day weekdays and weekend.
I have over 10 years of experience in retail sales and food services companies.I have an excellent communications skills with customers.
Très bon environnement
Serveuse/Caissière (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC31 August 2017
Très agréable à travailler.Bien récompenser pour du bon travaille.
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Aucun
Productive Place to work
General Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT30 August 2017
a typical day working in the mines. I have learned that it is a great and rewarding place to work with great staff. I believe that the management was fair, the workplace couldn't have been better. the hardest part of the job had to be the workload and being short on staff. the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet lots of new people and had the chance to see the mining site.
Pros
Free food
Cons
short staffed
customers were respectful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was serving all the customers because they were nice and treated me with respect. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the manager.
Cons
no luches and no breaks
Fun work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2017
Work independently/ no rush / friendly staff/and enjoying my work
But wages are minimum.no increase. I work 6 months so far no increase. I am expecting January -2017.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Weekly 30 hrs
Different atmoshphere
GENERAL HELP (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 August 2017
I really enjoyed the work shift. I would have liked to have had more of a rotational schedule. I learned a lot being in the kitchen. I have also learned to go in do your job and keep your opinion to yourself. Management was horrible. Didn't know who to talk to and were always handed down to others to try and get answers when there was a issue. I enjoyed my job and getting to meet new people everyday. We were through numerous staff over the years I worked there.
manipulative, crooked, and harassment
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 July 2017
Don't drink the purple cool-aid, this is one of the most crooked companies in Canada and they get away with things on a political scale. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE
good part time job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
the management team were great but all in all the job itself did not provide the hours and stability i needed. in would recommend working there to someone who is look for a part time / summer job!
Pros
good people
Cons
not many hours
Dont work for this company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 July 2017
terrible management, with the exception of one person.
go in, get treated like dirt.
no acknowledgement at all for doing exceptional work.
many double standards.
favoritism.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Awful management, no overtime pay rate
The worst job I ever had
General help (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 July 2017
Management was terrible, and overrated to every little 'easy fix' but the big stuff like safety was ignored until it was too late. I was actually threatened by my supervisor when I had to file a WSIB claim and they challenged WSIBs final decision to give me benefits after I did file. (I received copies of the interaction between the company (not my manager, company rep) and WSIB provided by WSIB) The work load wasn't tough, but mentally it was very stressful. Business practices were also very shady! I would rather live on the street then work for them ever again!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Terrible Managers, shady business practices
Poor management
Kitchen Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 July 2017
Overall ok good employees but management was a bit lacking in good judgment. Turned a blind eye to some serious problems but flipped out over small stuff. Lacked in scheduling skills.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Unpredictable
Fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 July 2017
All my co-workers are beyond friendly and the training was very extensive so I wasn’t worried about having to do things on my own! Working with the staff you become one big family and work becomes fun so it's no longer work anymore. It’s a fast-paced environment so shifts go by quickly and my bosses are always willing to accommodate for any days I can't work or if I need time off! There’s always shifts available to pick up which is extremely helpful in a time in need.
Pros
Many shifts to pick up
Rewarding job
Night Janitorial Supervising Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 July 2017
It is a busy, but fulfilling position.
My staff is wonderful, competent and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is working nights.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that we do make a difference.
Like Family
General Help (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON30 June 2017
Everyone is close to one another, but a lot of the employees are related to each other. It can be stressful, but at the end of the day, it seems worth it.
Excellent company, management and staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
Started as a chef and within a couple years I was running the unit as manager. The company had/has a mentor program which helped me learn and grow within the company. Needless to say, advancement is what you make of it, this company with invest in you if you invest in them.
Pros
Hours and management
Cons
Not many
fun, understanding, good co-workers
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 June 2017
Normally a simple, fast day, with a few complications here and there. Management was understanding and easy to talk to when a problem arose. Co-workers were easy and fun to work with. The workplace was respectful and problems were quickly dealt with.
Pros
cohesive work schedule
Cons
kitchen gets really hot in the summer
Stressful job
Host (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2017
The compass group in the Trudeau international airport is the worst. I work here as part time for at least a year Saturday and Sunday. It gives you enough hours every week, but the management is so bad. They don't even care about their employees at all. No recognition for the employees.
Cons
No room for the employees to rest, to think that your job is to walk for the couple of hours, rate for new employees for each person are different even though you have the same job, they demand too much and when you ask to have a day off they ask for too much.
Compass Group Canada
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
I was able to learn the duties involved in the kitchen and in managing the patio. Advanced my customer service skills by working in a tourist attraction.