Compass Group Canada is the nation’s leading food service and support service company. With over 23,000 associates, we set the standard for food and service excellence.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Cook Supervisor
Hourly Wage 15.61
Location: New Edmonton Remand Centre
Overview: We are currently hiring for Full Time Cook Supervisors for the New Edmonton Remand Centre located in North West Edmonton.
- Plans cooking schedule and prepare meals, including modified diet items and texture modification.
- Adheres to menu specifications and standardized recipes, assembling ingredients for the quantities required.
- Place or assists placing orders with authorized suppliers to ensure that items are available to meet the facility needs.
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices are adhered to in accordance with company and facility policies, ensures that all food is served in the right condition, at the right temperature and at the right time.
- May provide work direction to general help staff and Inmates as required.
- Complete and record Quality assurance Audits as assigned.
Qualifications Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3 years cooking experience in a past faced institutional kitchen environment
- Able to cook for 300+ people per day
- Clean criminal background
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.
Start Date 3/20/2013
End Date 4/10/2013