Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food service to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Mess Hall Attendant, Remote
Location: Offshore, Newfoundland
- Perform a variety of tasks specified by the Chef, 1st Cook and Head Mess Hall Attendant. Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- This position is on a 21 on / 21 off rotational schedule and is required to work 84 hours per week as per business needs
- Reports to Chef, 1st Cook, and Head Mess Hall Attendant
- Work to standards specified by company
- Operate all applicable kitchen equipment safely and correctly
- Clean and sanitize work area according to cleaning schedule
- Maintains close communication and works cooperatively with the Chef, 1st Cook, Head Mess Hall Attendant, Administrative team and co-workers to ensure consistency of service and the highest quality of operation
- Responsible for completing tasks related to stocking, replenishing, cleaning, and maintenance as needed.
- Follows requisition policies set in place for all products
- Maintains organized work areas; programs and numbers bottles as requested.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Must have a Newfoundland address
- Knowledge of basic sanitary guidelines
- Knowledge of basic dish machine operation
- Comprehensive understanding of the English language
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
- Must be able to bend, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds regularly
- Must be able to provide documentation of the following: FoodSafe certification (current within 3 years), CAPP Medical, BST, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, WHMIS
- Experience in an offshore lodge, or residential environment serving up to 200 clients per day would be an asset
To apply submit your application with subject line, Newfoundland Mess Hall Attendant , to the email address provided.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.