Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food service to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Mess Hall Attendant/General Helpers, (remote)
Location: Remote site outside of Manning, Alberta
- We are currently seeking qualified General Helpers for dining operations in a remote camp site outside of Manning, Alberta
- This position is on a rotational schedule and is required to work overtime hours as per business needs.
- Reports to Head Mess Hall Attendant, Cook, and/or Chef
- Work to standards specified by company
- Operate all applicable kitchen equipment safely and correctly
- Clean and sanitize work area according to cleaning schedule
- Maintains close communication and works cooperatively with the Chef, 1st Cook, Head Mess Hall Attendant, Administrative team and co-workers to ensure consistency of service and the highest quality of operation
- Responsible for completing tasks related to stocking, replenishing, cleaning, and maintenance as needed.
- Follows requisition policies set in place for all products
- Maintains organized work areas; programs and numbers bottles as requested.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to bend, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds regularly
- FoodSafe certification, current within 3 years
- Related experience in a remote camp setting or similar environment would be an asset
To apply submit your resume to the email address provided, with Manning, GH in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.