Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food service to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Chef, Remote
Location: Offshore, Newfoundland
- We are currently seeking an experienced chef to oversee the successful kitchen operations in an offshore camp setting, serving up to 200 clients per day
- This position is on a 21 on / 21 off rotational schedule and is required to work 84 hours per week as per business needs
- Reports to the Camp Manager.
- Oversee all aspects of kitchen operations in this camp and assume responsibility for the overall success of the kitchen operations.
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, development and cost controls
- Carry out food purchases and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties.
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide.
- Train and direct all food service workers, ensuring strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Must have a Newfoundland address
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or associated food culinary certificate, diploma or degree in food services management, and three to five years experience in fine cuisine; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of food and cooking techniques;
- Good managerial skills and basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and sound knowledge of financial management including ability to forecast and control food and labour costs
- Experience managing high-volume; multifaceted food services operations
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating teams
- Must be able to provide documentation of the following: Advanced FoodSafe certification (current within 3 years), Red Seal designation, CAPP Medical, BST, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, WHMIS
- 5+ years food service management experience in an offshore lodge, or residential environment serving up to 200 clients per day would be an asset
To apply submit your application with subject line, “Newfoundland Chef”,
to the email address provided.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.