Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food service to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Baker, Remote
Location: Offshore, Newfoundland
- We are currently seeking an experienced Baker for an offshore camp setting, serving up to 200 clients per day.
- With limited direction from the chef/ camp boss, mix ingredients to make and bake bagel and bread dough, cookie dough, crusts, cakes, pastries, toppings, icing and other prepared goods. Complete any special orders as required. This position directly impacts the day-to-day operation of the lodge.
- This position is on a 21 on / 21 off rotational schedule and is required to work 84 hours per week as per business needs
- Reports to Chef and Camp Manager
- Working with the daily menu, provide input to baked good required
- Mix and bake required items on menu.
- Responsible for ensuring cleaning bakery equipment is done by closely following daily and weekly cleaning lists
- Responsible for organizing products in preparation for baking
- Assign responsibilities for Bakers Helper position
- Participate in the ordering and safe storage of ingredients
- Based on occupancy, may be asked to cook meals.
- Work in a safe manner around kitchen equipment
Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Must have a Newfoundland address
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or associated food culinary certificate, diploma or degree in professional baking, three+ years experience in food service; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of mixing and making baked goods preferred
- Knowledge of basic training techniques
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to function with limited supervision
- Experience supervising, and motivating, and disciplining employees
- Must be able to provide documentation of the following: Advanced FoodSafe certification (current within 3 years), CAPP Medical, BST, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, WHMIS
- Experience in an offshore lodge, or residential environment serving up to 200 clients per day would be an asset
To apply submit your application with subject line, “Newfoundland Baker”,
to the email address provided.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.