Compass is built on the strengths of its employees; the foundation on which the company is constructed. At Compass, we encourage an energetic, positive and fun culture that bonds our employees into a strong dynamic team. Our enthusiasm is conducive to an atmosphere of constant improvement, innovation, and extraordinary customer service.
SURVEY ASSISTANT REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY: Red Deer, Airdrie, Olds, Peace River, Grand Prairie, and Edmonton areas
Reporting to the Field Supervisor or Party Chief, the Survey Assistant provides assistance to the survey team for the timely and efficient completion of surveys and assignments in order to meet contractual and legal obligations. The successful candidate may be involved in engineering, construction or legal surveying in urban and/or rural areas.
- Set-up and operation of conventional survey and GPS equipment.
- Follow directives received from Field Supervisor or Party Chief to assist survey team.
- Prepare accurate field notes, when required.
- Clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, stock company vehicle, and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field, with minimal supervision.
- May be required to use tools and equipment such as chainsaw, machete, axe, sledge hammer, shovel, metal detector and survey tripod in order to complete assigned tasks.
- May be required to use hand and power tools to clear line quickly and efficiently.
- High school diploma required. One year technical school education and previous experience an asset.
- Physically fit, able to lift heavy equipment, willing to work in varied environmental conditions including wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Will be required to possess or acquire First Aid Level 1, H2S, ATV Rider, and various other applicable safety tickets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, reliable, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter in confidence and include in the subject line: Survey Assistant
Indeed - 23 days ago
copy to clipboard -