You will be responsible for generating the words, slogans and audio scripts that accompany advertising visuals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing written content for RFP’s websites, sales letters, articles, slogans, audio scripts for advertising.
- Meeting account representatives and discussing client requirements
- Creating copy ideas based on the content required
- Assisting and overlooking the production phase and editing content accordingly
- Familiarizing yourself with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
- Work closely with art director to ensure all the content being advertised is truthful and complies with codes of advertising practice
- Writing various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a story board (a consecutive series of frames depicting the script and drawings that may be used)
- Modifying copy until the client is satisfied
- Typical schedule will consist of Monday to Friday, although work at times can extend into evenings and weekends. Copywriters are mainly based in an office; they may travel with the art director to visit clients, film and recording studios.
It is important that creative copywriters maintain an interest in:
- Commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques
- Why loyal customers buy certain products
- Competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies.
- Foundation degree or degree in advertising, design or related subjects
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Work well in a team
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have an eye for detail
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
Average Salary: $38,000
Indeed - 10 months ago