Compass Compression is recruiting for a Safety Advisor. Reporting to the VP Operations, the Safety Advisor will serve as the coordinator for the company safety program and is responsible for the ongoing development, administration, and implementation of the company safety policies and procedures.
- Foster safety as core value to the Compass corporate culture.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate company safety programs to ensure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize workplace hazards.
- Develop safety procedures conforming to industry standards and legislative regulations.
- Provide advice on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Coordinate training programs/seminars for all employees including new hire orientations.
- Coordinate safety meetings for all Compass locations and maintain meeting records.
- Perform monthly job site safety inspections, including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, first aid stations, fire extinguisher stations, written reports and recommendations.
- Set up job task reviews and hazard assessments for all locations employees.
- Coordinate and perform internal and external audits, inspections, and incident investigations.
- Monitor adherence to the company safety program by all employees and subcontractors.
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting, coordinate WCB claims as necessary
- Oversee the Modified Return to Work Program for injured employees.
- Additional duties as required.
- A minimum 2 year post-secondary diploma in occupational health and safety program or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role with experience in the development of a safety program, delivery of safety training or workshops, administration of safety plans, policies and regulatory requirements, work site inspections and COR audit requirements.
- Certification under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Experience in the trades in both the manufacturing and field service divisions preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability, strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proficient Database and Microsoft Office skills.
- Comfortable interacting with management, employees, visitors, government agencies.
Total Compensation Plan
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability.
- Employee assistance program.
- RRSP program.
About Compass Compression
Big on capability. The flexibility to respond.
Compass Compression has come a long way since 2001, from packaging low-horsepower packages to offering one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry including screw, reciprocating and vane packages up to 8000 horsepower.
Along with detailed engineering and quality fabrication, we partner with the best in the business to ensure our products are the most reliable in the industry. We also complement our compressor packages with retrofitting capabilities, field services and rentals to ensure support throughout the life-cycle of your project.
We are unique in the industry because of the breadth and depth of experience on our team, the corporate culture, our focus on continuous improvement and growth as well as the size of the organization. With more than 150 outstanding employees working at our offices, shops and in field services you can expect responsiveness, performance and partnership.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to discover new solutions, make a difference and contribute to an innovative and growing team.
With limitless growth opportunities, a commitment to safety, a total compensation plan and our community involvement program Compass Compression is more than just a great place to work – it’s a great place to grow.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.