Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Compass Compression is recruiting a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant for its Inglewood location in Calgary, Alberta. This position provides administrative support to all Compass Compression departments and its employees. Peak periods can be busy given the volume of work, need for accuracy, deadlines, incoming traffic and phone calls. This role is ideally suited to a professional candidate who is an adept multi-tasker that can manage and coordinate the administrative needs of a busy corporate office.
Responsibilities: will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Professional reception on the phone and to walk in traffic / couriers / customers
- Administrative support to Executive and Sales teams and all other departments - including travel, meetings, luncheon, and special event organization arrangements
- Prepare and coordinate sales & rental quotes, documents, and general correspondence
- Manage and communicate IT requests with external IT team when required
- Corporate database entry, clean-up and maintenance
- Unit data base maintenance and unit manual information / serial numbers
- Prepare and bind quotations and rental agreements
- Manage and update the Nortel phone system
- Coordinate and process incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail
- Ensure office supply inventory is maintained
- General clerical office duties
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years Professional Administration experience supporting an Executive or Sales team
- Diploma in Business Administration or combination of experience and education
- telephone / switchboard programming required
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently with good judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Everything we do at Compass Compression is geared towards providing industry leading natural gas compression products and services to our customers.
Established in 2001 and headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Compass offers screw, reciprocating and vane compressor packages, ranging between 10 and 5000 horsepower. Packages are designed for a wide range of applications including; Gas Gathering, Acid Gas, Vapour Recovery, Gas Lift, Storage, Refrigeration, Overheads and Solution Gas.
We complement our compressor packages with in-house engineering, quality fabrication, field services and retrofitting capabilities to ensure support throughout the project lifecycle.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.