Compass Compression is recruiting a Quality Control Inspector for its Pressure Vessel Department. Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the Inspector will engage in ensuring the quality and safety of welded work in various structures and assist in supervision of staff.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Inspect and test welded joints of work in progress and of completed vessels for visible defects, correct dimensions, joint strength, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications, applying knowledge of welding principles and metallurgical properties.
- Examine joint to detect flaws such as cracks, cold weld, spatter, and undercuts.
- Complete all Documentation required for the construction of Pressure Vessels including MTR’s, NDE Reports, PWHT Records.
- Ensure all documentation is forwarded to Document Control before units ship.
- Witness and perform visual inspection on weldments constructed on equipment and infrastructure including work performed.
- Maintain detailed written records concerning welding procedures, materials, quality, and instruction to contractors, daily reports and inspection tests made.
- Inspect welder operator performance with respect to visual integrity and quality of weld in accordance with various welding procedures, codes, standards and specifications.
- Inspect and assure welder operators use correct materials for specified work and that their work meets tolerances, specifications and drawings.
- Ensure staff and contractors understand and apply the correct methods for weld procedures and performance of work.
- Undertake reviews to verify welder operator qualifications.
- Ensure staff and contractors adhere to current safety regulations with respect to welding practices.
- Recommend when analytical non-destructive examination (NDE) methods such as magnetic particle or liquid penetrant or ultra sound inspection methods are required to supplement visual inspection and perform, as necessary.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of current welding and welding inspection standards.
- Perform other related duties.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate from an Institute of Technology program such as welding engineering technology, with a focus on welding design and technology, and/or metallurgy.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience as a certified welding inspector.
- Currently certified to CSA W178.2 Level 3 Welding Inspector.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of Canadian Welding Standards CSA Z662, CSA W59 and ASME.
- Previous involvement in leading the development of an ASME approved vessel fabrication program, CWB approved welding program, or any other applicable experience in a fabrication environment.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
Total Compensation Plan
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability.
- Employee assistance program.
- RRSP program.
About Compass Compression
Big on capability. The flexibility to respond.
Compass Compression has come a long way since 2001, from packaging low-horsepower packages to offering one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry including screw, reciprocating and vane packages up to 8000 horsepower.
Along with detailed engineering and quality fabrication, we partner with the best in the business to ensure our products are the most reliable in the industry. We also complement our compressor packages with retrofitting capabilities, field services and rentals to ensure support throughout the life-cycle of your project.
We are unique in the industry because of the breadth and depth of experience on our team, the corporate culture, our focus on continuous improvement and growth as well as the size of the organization. With more than 150 outstanding employees working at our offices, shops and in field services you can expect responsiveness, performance and partnership.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to discover new solutions, make a difference and contribute to an innovative and growing team.
With limitless growth opportunities, a commitment to safety, a total compensation plan and our community involvement program Compass Compression is more than just a great place to work – it’s a great place to grow.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.