Reporting to the CFO the Plant Controller will take a hands-on approach and be responsible for the planning, implementing, managing, reporting, and controlling of all manufacturing cost activities. This includes the ability to provide accurate and timely management reporting with an aptitude to synthesize data into meaningful recommendations for business support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all accounting functions within the manufacturing environment, including general ledger systems and ensuring compliance of internal controls
- Maintain engineer-to-order and standard costing systems and reporting of material, labour, and overhead variances
- Develops and co-ordinates annual manufacturing budget and reports on budget to actual results in conjunction with plant management
- Recommends improvements to processes for data collection requirements, efficiencies and accurate accounting of transactions for all manufacturing related functions including purchasing, engineering and design, inventory and shop floor activities
- Enhance reporting to various levels of management to heighten financial awareness and improve expense control
- Provide leadership and coaching to cross functional managers in procurement, manufacturing, engineering, receiving and project management to improve their understanding of the financial impact of their decisions and
- In conjunction with corporate financial management document key processes, authority limits and control structures.
- Develop and co-ordinate the annual manufacturing budget and report on budget to actual results
- In conjunction with applications engineering and plant management, develop and maintain meaningful job specific budgets that enhance the ability to evaluate variances, identify root causes and implement strategies to mitigate negative consequences
- Using the ERP report writer, JET reports, develop and analyze information that supports the business unit in achieving its financial objectives
- Play an important role in coordinating and documenting the Company’s methodology and protocols to manage inventory, including naming conventions, controls that govern moving stock to and from jobs on the shop floor, cycle counting, valuation and receiving
- Support the efficiency and effectiveness of all manufacturing related groups by developing, training and analyzing reporting generated from the ERP
- Build cross functional teams to effectively analyze and improve business processes that cross functional lines
- Play an important role in further developing and integrating the information systems, including the possibility of integrating engineering BOM’s through the item file to purchase orders
Education, Skills and Requirements:
- An accounting designation in good standing (CA, CGA, CMA) is required
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience working within a manufacturing or engineer-to-order environment
- High proficiency and a minimum of 3 years working with a sophisticated ERP (NAV, SAP or equivalent)
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Highly competent with advanced computer software skills including Microsoft Office.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Total Compensation Plan
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability.
- Employee assistance program.
- RRSP program.
About Compass Compression
Big on capability. The flexibility to respond.
Compass Compression has come a long way since 2001, from packaging low-horsepower packages to offering one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry including screw, reciprocating and vane packages up to 8000 horsepower.
Along with detailed engineering and quality fabrication, we partner with the best in the business to ensure our products are the most reliable in the industry. We also complement our compressor packages with retrofitting capabilities, field services and rentals to ensure support throughout the life-cycle of your project.
We are unique in the industry because of the breadth and depth of experience on our team, the corporate culture, our focus on continuous improvement and growth as well as the size of the organization. With more than 150 outstanding employees working at our offices, shops and in field services you can expect responsiveness, performance and partnership.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to discover new solutions, make a difference and contribute to an innovative and growing team.
With limitless growth opportunities, a commitment to safety, a total compensation plan and our community involvement program Compass Compression is more than just a great place to work – it’s a great place to grow.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.