Compass Compression is recruiting Pipefitters for its Fabrication Facility in Calgary, Alberta, reporting to the Shop Lead Hand. The successful candidate(s) will be a Journeyman or 3rd year apprentice and will be responsible for performing tasks on machinery within the shop. Work must be completed with shop required efficiency and quality rate.
Journeyman and Apprentice Pipefitters to perform duties as described under the apprenticeship program, progressing thorough schooling and job training to Journeyman certification.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications
- Cuts, threads, welds and tacks pipe to specifications
- Selects pipe sizes & types and related materials such as supports, hangers and hydraulic cylinders according to specifications
- Clamping and structural support of piping system
- Inspect, examine and test installed systems and piping
- 2nd or 3rd year Apprentice Pipefitter
- Participation in our health and safety and quality control programs
- Understand and interpret blueprints and sketches
- Experience in gas compression is a strong asset
Total Compensation Plan
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability
- Employee assistance program
- RRSP program
About Compass Compression
Big on capability. The flexibility to respond.
Compass Compression has come a long way since 2001, from packaging low-horsepower packages to offering one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry including screw, reciprocating and vane packages up to 8000 horsepower.
Along with detailed engineering and quality fabrication, we partner with the best in the business to ensure our products are the most reliable in the industry. We also complement our compressor packages with retrofitting capabilities, field services and rentals to ensure support throughout the life-cycle of your project.
We are unique in the industry because of the breadth and depth of experience on our team, the corporate culture, our focus on continuous improvement and growth as well as the size of the organization. With more than 150 outstanding employees working at our offices, shops and in field services you can expect responsiveness, performance and partnership.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to discover new solutions, make a difference and contribute to an innovative and growing team.
With limitless growth opportunities, a commitment to safety, a total compensation plan and our community involvement program Compass Compression is more than just a great place to work – it’s a great place to grow.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.