Reporting to the Parts Manager and working closely with the Branch Manager, the area supervisors, and service technicians, you will help to source, ship, and receive parts in a timely and cost effective manner to help with the day to day operations. Additional duties will include the appropriate paperwork for correct billing procedures, assist in addressing supply chain issues, inventory, service and overhaul parts lists, and implementation of best practices in sourcing alternatives, and maintenance of company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities: will include but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) and transmit to vendors.
- Accurate and timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders to the approved vendor with appropriate supporting documents as necessary
- Track acknowledgement of vendor orders, report discrepancies ensuring completeness and accuracy of order.
- Liaise with Field Service Technicians and Area Supervisors to source and procure required parts and equipment for field jobs ad shop jobs.
- Prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, provide visibility of potential interruptions
- Track and update open purchase orders from approval through to closure.
- Negotiate and prepare documentation for material returns to vendor.
- Assist accounting staff in resolving receiving and invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with development of the Purchasing and Inventory Management system.
- Recommend and select preferred vendors in consultation with the Parts Manager.
- Receiving and stocking inventory in the warehouse
- Problem solving in a decision-making capacity.
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Journeyman or Parts Technician
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation an asset
- Experience in a Compression manufacturing environment a strong asset
- Industry vendor portfolio and relationship a strong asset
- 2 to 5 years of parts and inventory experience in an ERP environment.
- Strong computer skills including ERP, Microsoft Office, and Navision
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration with others, managing change, and negotiation skills
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License, Forklift Certified
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis
- Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
- Knowledge of Waukesha, Cat and Superior engines.
- Knowledge of natural gas compressors.
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Total Compensation Plan
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability.
- Employee assistance program.
- RRSP program.
About Compass Compression
Big on capability. The flexibility to respond.
Compass Compression has come a long way since 2001, from packaging low-horsepower packages to offering one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry including screw, reciprocating and vane packages up to 8000 horsepower.
Along with detailed engineering and quality fabrication, we partner with the best in the business to ensure our products are the most reliable in the industry. We also complement our compressor packages with retrofitting capabilities, field services and rentals to ensure support throughout the life-cycle of your project.
We are unique in the industry because of the breadth and depth of experience on our team, the corporate culture, our focus on continuous improvement and growth as well as the size of the organization. With more than 150 outstanding employees working at our offices, shops and in field services you can expect responsiveness, performance and partnership.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to discover new solutions, make a difference and contribute to an innovative and growing team.
With limitless growth opportunities, a commitment to safety, a total compensation plan and our community involvement program Compass Compression is more than just a great place to work – it’s a great place to grow.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.