Compass Compression is recruiting for Journeyman and Apprentice Welders (Night Shift) for skid and assembly fabrication at Plant 2.
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or welding process specifications
- Follow all welding procedures as required
- Proficient in the set-up and operation of welding machines and relevant equipment
- Understand and participate in the Quality Control Program
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman/Lead Hand
- Communicate with Foreman/Lead Hand to identify material or equipment deficiencies
- Communicate with other workers to ensure timely job progression
- Direct, coach, and mentor apprentices as required (Journeyman)
- Organize and keep work area and equipment clean and functional
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe Health & Safety polices at all times
- Work and operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Foreman/Lead Hand
Education, Skills & Requirements
- Journeyman or Indentured Apprentice Welder
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in structural welding/fitting
- Experience with all positions on flux core and stick
- Must have own tools as per the company tool list for Tradesmen
- CWB certification an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
- Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company.
- Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Total Compensation Plan
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, disability.
- Employee assistance program.
- RRSP program.
About Compass Compression
Big on capability. The flexibility to respond.
Compass Compression has come a long way since 2001, from packaging low-horsepower packages to offering one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry including screw, reciprocating and vane packages up to 8000 horsepower.
Along with detailed engineering and quality fabrication, we partner with the best in the business to ensure our products are the most reliable in the industry. We also complement our compressor packages with retrofitting capabilities, field services and rentals to ensure support throughout the life-cycle of your project.
We are unique in the industry because of the breadth and depth of experience on our team, the corporate culture, our focus on continuous improvement and growth as well as the size of the organization. With more than 150 outstanding employees working at our offices, shops and in field services you can expect responsiveness, performance and partnership.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to discover new solutions, make a difference and contribute to an innovative and growing team.
With limitless growth opportunities, a commitment to safety, a total compensation plan and our community involvement program Compass Compression is more than just a great place to work – it’s a great place to grow.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.