Compass Compression is recruiting for a Journeyman or experienced Apprentice Instrumentation Technician for its Fabrication Facility in Calgary, Alberta, reporting to the Shop Lead Hand. The successful candidate will be Journeyman qualified or a registered apprentice and responsible for performing instrumentation work on compression equipment and other equipment used in the natural gas industry. Work must be completed with shop required efficiency and quality rate.
Apprentice Instrumentation Technician to perform duties as described under the apprenticeship program, progressing thorough schooling and job training to Journeyman certification.
- Inspect, test, adjust, repair electric, electronic, mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record and control generating operations in plant.
- Inspect meters, indicators, and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations.
- Tests accuracy of flow meters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system.
- Use test equipment, such as pressure gauges, mercury manometers, potentiometers, pulse and signal generators, oscilloscopes, transistor curve tracers, ammeters, voltmeters and watt meters.
- Trace out and test electronic solid state and vacuum tube circuitry and components to locate defective parts in analog and digital, protection or radiation monitoring systems, using test equipment, schematics and maintenance manuals.
- Removes defective instruments from system, decontaminates, disassembles and cleans instruments and replaces defective parts using hand tools.
- Reassembles instruments and replaces instruments in system using hand tools.
- Lubricates instruments and replaces defective wiring and tubing.
- Calibrates readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
- Records calibrations made, parts and components used and inventory of parts on hand.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Coordination and installation of instrument tubing and fittings.
Everything we do at Compass Compression is geared towards providing industry leading natural gas compression products and services to our customers.
Established in 2001 and headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Compass offers screw, reciprocating and vane compressor packages, ranging between 10 and 5000 horsepower. Packages are designed for a wide range of applications including; Gas Gathering, Acid Gas, Vapour Recovery, Gas Lift, Storage, Refrigeration, Overheads and Solution Gas.
We complement our compressor packages with in-house engineering, quality fabrication, field services and retrofitting capabilities to ensure support throughout the project lifecycle.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Compass Compression is a place where employees look beyond the job to the opportunities. A company where each employee has the chance to...