Our Client is an established and successful, privately owned, Brantford based Development Firm. They are looking to add a Finance Executive to oversee and expedite the firm's acquisition of commercial, and residential real estate for new developments. The successful candidate would also advise the president on current and future development, and redevelopment plans.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding of REIT’s, zoning, mortgage documents, development agreements, partnership agreements, and purchase and sale agreements.
- Perform financial due diligence for acquisitions by working with various third parties, sellers, lenders, legal counsel, etc.
- Interact with external auditors, lawyers, and tax practitioners.
- Develop and maintain relationships for all internal and external clients and consultants. Participation in client meetings where appropriate.
- Review and analyze property financial information.
- Analyze financial statements and other financial reports of real estate investments.
- Prepare and review cash flow, profitability and return on investment analysis.
- Oversight of third party property management and joint venture partners to ensure compliance with operating agreements.
- Identify and resolve any control issues relating to property management or internal processes.
- Relevant university degree in finance and/or accounting.
- Very knowledgeable of the commercial, and residential mortgage underwriting process
- A working knowledge of Ontario real estate, and tax law
- A background in commercial banking, and mortgages would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills; MS Office
- Innovative, adaptable, and entrepreneurial.
- Professional designation CA, CGA or CMA is an asset.