We provide short term financing for small to medium business. We are a team of seasoned financial service providers with clients from Ontario to Vancouver Island. Located in Victoria BC you will have the opportunity to develop and grow the accounting department. This is a full-time, salaried position.
As part of the team, the Accounting Manager will direct all accounting and collection activities for this fast growing business to business financial service company.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting function including client contract funding, bank reconciliations and collections.
- Provide AP and AR and payroll cash management services.
- Monitor Accounts Receivables and ensure timely collection.
- Manage all GST/HST tax compliance – filing quarterly returns, etc.
- Assist the annual budgeting process with Management.
- Coordinate and prepare information for external auditors
- Prepare financial statements, budgets, cash-flow revenue forecast and related reports
Desired Skills & Experience
- A recognized accounting designation – CMA or CGA preferred
- 4-5 years of experience in total – 2 years in an Accounting Manager,/Assistant Controller
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Solid understanding of current accounting principles, procedures and standards
- Experience with GST/HST compliance
- Experience with implementing and using leading accounting packages (we use Sage 300 ERP – formerly AccPac)
- Online banking and current technology
- Meticulous attention to detail, well organized and a self starter with an inquisitive mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with our clients, business owners and our external tax and compliance accountants.
This is a permanent position – salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Indeed - 18 months ago
About Company Capital
Company Capital provides an easy alternative to traditional small business loans in Canada with our Merchant...