Compact Power, headquartered in Fort Mill, SC, is seeking a Regional Fleet Manager for its expansion into the mid-west market. We manage and market commercial and light construction equipment. Our commitment is to provide good advice, exceptional service and the most versatile and affordable equipment solutions available. The RFM will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of field service to customers is completed in the most cost-effective and timely manner while providing quality and compliance with safety standards. He/she will provide responsive, value-added field services through a continually improving, nationwide network that meets or exceeds customer expectations while achieving company profit margins. We are looking for an individual with a customer service focus and positive attitude.
We are looking for a mechanical equipment specialist that takes pride in outstanding customer service and shows initiative. For this position you should have light construction equipment maintenance skills including small engines and hydraulics. The level of maintenance skill will determine position qualification. Having a background in Landscape, Rental or Construction is a definite plus.
- Experience in the landscape/construction/fleet management field
- Strong light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or skills
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs safely
- Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and illustrated parts lists
- Strong work ethic, capable of leading a team
- Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in all aspects of the equipment rental industry
- Strong Computer skills
- Valid driver’s license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
High School diploma
Tech school, OEM training, or equivalent experience
The Regional Fleet Manager (RFM) should have strong people skills, responsible for the hiring and training of support staff that will maintain a fleet of rental equipment (skid steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc) in The Home Depot stores in Canada. You will travel throughout your region of responsibility to monitor equipment for rental readiness, manage the rental operation with the right equipment in the right location, handle equipment sales opportunities. During the course of the day, this position will:
- Oversee and participate in branch operations
- Inventory management for service locations (if applicable)
- Insure timely submission of paperwork to Corporate office for reporting, billing and payroll purposes
- Responsible for performance reviews, pay recommendation, safety record of network
- Communicate effectively to customers, coworkers and subordinates.
- Monitor service performance levels to ensure customer satisfaction; investigate all service complaints and initiate immediate resolve.
- Monitor parts inventory for technicians
- Responsible for following up on parts pending, part number requirements and technical support
- Identify and implement procedures to increase productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Oversee the implementation of new customers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- Responsibility for the Profit & Loss for District.
Indeed - 5 months ago