OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY OPPORTUNITIES IN VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA
Work and live in one of the top cities in the world!
Interested in embarking on an exciting adventure while maintaining your profession and lifestyle? Relocate to Beautiful British Columbia on the west coast of Canada. Swim in the Pacific Ocean and ski the Coast Mountains all in the same day while advancing your career as an Occupational Therapist in community-based practice with Community Therapists!
BC boasts one of the best professional environments for occupational therapists in North America. The OT role in private practice rehabilitation is highly regarded by funding agencies and OTs play a leading role in the rehabilitation and recovery of clients funded by insurance companies (work, auto, disability), government organizations and health authorities. The OT role is strongly valued and OTs take a leadership role in designing and implementing programs involving a number of healthcare service providers.
Community Therapists is currently recruiting experienced occupational therapists for different practice groups in the Vancouver area of British Columbia. If you are an internationally trained OT looking for an experience abroad with an organization whose culture keeps you engaged and interested in your profession through collegial learning, collaboration and continuing education, then Community Therapists would be an ideal fit for you. Our inspired practice of OTs, PTs, SLPs, Counsellors, Psychologists and Rehabilitation Assistants offers numerous benefits.
Our team of over 35 OTs, our strong orientation and mentorship programs and our culture of support and innovation in a diverse clinical and payer environment offers unrivaled opportunities for professional growth and development. With practice groups in Home Health, Vocational Rehabilitation, Brain Injury, Driver Rehab, and many more areas, we can establish a case mix that leverages your past experience while stretching your skills in new areas of practice. Learn more about the benefits of working with us here.
Please visit our careers page on our web site to view individual positions: http://www.communitytherapists.com/careers
What we offer
Community Therapists offers the following benefits to joining our practice:
- Guidance in completing registration / relocation / immigration documents
- Administrative support in settling in Vancouver (locating housing, vehicle etc.)
- Provisional Registrant mentoring / support
- Guarantee of hours during initial orientation / ramp-up period
- Commitment to continuous learning through professional development courses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong negotiation skills
- Experience working in community practice is a strong asset
- Able to work independently as well as with a multi-disciplinary team as required
- Able to develop and supervise Rehabilitation Assistant plans
- Second languages are desirable
- Eligible to apply for membership/registration with both the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia as well as the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager, Laura Doig, CHRP. Resumes must include any professional development courses taken (past 5 years)