Community Living Employee Review

View all Community Living reviews

Engaging, rewarding, and lifelong learning!
Provincial Trainer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 February 2014
A typical day at work involves collaborating with my team across the province on a variety of projects via phone, webinars, or online presentations. We design, enhance, and evaluate on a continuous basis.
It also involves marking of assignments, on-line , and/or one to one support to new staff who are learning the planning philosophy of the organization. I am also engaged in yearly planning and co-ordinating of overall staff orientation with the agencies vision, values, history, roles, and policy. In addition providing liason support from regions to the head office.
My team is amazing and dedicated to "actively promote our agency as a learning organization that enhance the capacity of all staff to be recognized leaders in supporting the individuals we serve to live "good lives in welcoming communities".
The most enjoyable part of my work is creating, innovating, "revolutionizing", and learning together with others.
The hardest part of my job is not taking on too much as there are so many interesting things to learn and do.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
navigating complex systems

Other Community Living Employee Reviews

Iam student placement
Social Service Worker Student (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 February 2018
most of the time I help my supervisor with application documentations answering phone call. and help with individuals by motioning them and help the with cleaning
Individuals are awesome, more hours need to be offered
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2018
A typical day in my position comes with a lot of organizing while not on the clock, phone calls to arrange appointments, constantly balancing money and filling out paperwork. The actually outings/activities with groups/individuals are amazing and I enjoy it a lot. Getting to see each individuals reactions to trying something new or to going somewhere they have wanted to go for a while is priceless.
Some of the management team can be a little frustrating as rules change from week to week it seems and it comes across that each employee has a different set of rules to follow. Which can make the work environment frustrating, and extremely stressful.
Hardest part of the job is the demand put on me to manage everything. I feel the job and all it takes can easily be a full time position, but that is not option.
The reason I continue to do the job day in and day out is simply because of the individuals that are supported. If support coordinators were not there each day, it is the individuals that would miss out and that is not fair to them.
Pros
Experience fun activities with individuals
Cons
Lack of support