Community Living Employee Reviews

Iam student placement
Social Service Worker Student (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 February 2018
most of the time I help my supervisor with application documentations answering phone call. and help with individuals by motioning them and help the with cleaning
Service users make the jobs worth it
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
I loved my job with all my heart from the day it started, until its end. Management often falls short when it comes to providing support for their staff and advocating on behalf of clients.
Great atmosphere great team
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON29 January 2018
A lot of worlplace gossip and favortisme. A lot of times I worked with a good team but there are those who did t work so hard. It is physically draining but so rewarding to be able to make a difference in a persons life.
Great to start out in the field
Developmental Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2018
Community Living London is a great place to work. The training is very thorough, and the management is very professional. Great pay compared to a lot of other agency's.
great way for individuals with disabilities to socialize.
Placement student (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 December 2017
Community living is overall a great place to be the staff and the participants are very welcoming. The staff does a great job of making new participants feel like part of the family. Community living makes sure to do have may active outings for participants, some of these things include apple picking, horseback riding, and hiking. Community living interacts with all types of people, you will never have to worry about not fitting in.
Developmental Services Worker Casual (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 December 2017
Fast Paced, Long Hours, Great Benefits, Pays Well, Good Training, Lots of information to retain, Everyone Supports everyone when help is needed, Plant Wide Meetings To Keep Employees Informed
Relief Provider (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON21 December 2017
You get to make your own hours, paid trips out of town, potential to earn good money. You get capped at 25 hours per week per client. If you happen to get 2 clients, that's 50 hours per week IF you want it. Great job for students because of this fact. Some typical tasks include going to the movies, concerts, sporting events, camping trips, teaching general life skills such as banking, grocery shopping and cooking meals. You are essentially a paid friend, but you can't approach the job this way. The only downside is that your hours are unstable if you are a student or have a second job. For example, if you have class 3 days a week and can only take your client for 2 days and they are sick one of those days or simply don't feel like going out, you lose those hours unless you are able to reschedule. You also need you own vehicle. This is a requirement. You are paid $0.40 per km for gas and mileage.
Pros
Make your own hours, fun work, paid trips, good community work
Cons
unstable hours, paperwork
Professionalism with awesome workplace culture!
Part-time staff (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 December 2017
This company is completely professional in everyway. The positive workplace culture is based on mutual respect, privacy and ethics for staff and the people they support. The management team treats employees with respect and honesty which translates to improved care for the people Community Living supports.

If part time support work is a goal, this place is amazing, safe, supportive and accommodating!
Pros
Workers feel a sense of accomplishment and contentment here.
Cons
Like most public institutions, it's under funded but does what it can.
Good People
Direct Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 December 2017
I love this job, however there is limited growth for those with higher level degrees. Everyday is a challenge but you learn a lot about yourself and the people you support. Personal care isn't for everyone but the company is going towards a mental health direction with the new youth coming into the houses.
Pros
The people you support
Cons
Short breaks, work holidays, work weekends
Practicum
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2017
As a practicum student working at the base site , I loved every minute of it. I was effective in my role and was given recognition and praise for my good work. It was a great atmosphere and I would be honoured to go back and work there.
Pros
Great supervisor and staff
Cons
practicum students earn hours not earnings
Very friendly place to work
Part time Staff (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 November 2017
Working for this company has been incredibly beneficial to my work experience. Not only do I work with a variety of different disabilities but different personalities to go with them. Working for Community Living Oakville is also very enjoyable in that both staff and supported individuals work together in such a way that allows relationships to flourish and makes it seem like less of an actual job and more like everyday life.
A little bit hectic
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON21 November 2017
Community living was a very welcoming place to work. Although, sometimes very unorganized and hectic. While doing my placement I was left alone with clients which made me uncomfortable.
Enjoyable compang to work for
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 November 2017
Very rewarding job.
Great pay.
Great hours.
Very flexible with having second job/school/family
Lots of room for advancement.
Advancement is based on seniority which I like.
Love the Clients and Co workers
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 November 2017
this is a amazing place to work the clients and co workers are amazing, very hard to balance home and work if stuck on doubles but very manageable. the outings and home life are very fun and interactive bringing the clients on outings and to appointments was always my favourite. co workers are amazing and work well together as a team to ensure the shifts go by smooth
Developmental Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON6 November 2017
This is a great place to work, always something new to learn. You go home feeling fulfilled and often the co-workers make your day fly by. Great team, glad to have something in my field.
Pros
Get to go out with clients often.
Cons
Non-specific breaks. Sometimes exhausting, physically and mentally.
Fantastic place to work
Staffing Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON2 November 2017
Have been working here for many years. Room for advancement. Lots of great opportunities with in the agency.

Training provided, mentorships available. Work with your schedule.

Full time benefits and pay scale is remarkable.
Summary
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 October 2017
Some love working for this company, I did not. Worked there for many years. Most of the staff are great. Upper management not so much. Not a great job for everyone.
Great place to work!
Community Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
It is a great place to work with a lot of flexibility. I have learned a lot about working with people living with intellectual disabilities, dual diagnosis and concurrent disorders.
Very enjoyment environment
Developmental Service Worker - Compass Day Program (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON20 October 2017
I did my college placement with this company and I enjoyed it. They were nice here. Had always had something planned. It was something I could do for a long period of time.
Pros
great everything
Cons
Great company to work for
Behavioural Therapist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 October 2017
Would recommend Community Living to others. Was self-employed through them, but whenever I needed assistance with anything, they were extremely accommodating and helpful. Was never in the office, as I would go directly to clients' houses.